PDA

View Full Version : Help with Paypal needed NOW! please

ale.l
01-14-2004, 11:10 AM
Friends, I just received a payment notification from paypal that one of my bidders paid for a painting.

The thing is - I sent her clear instructions on how to pay and it was not through paypal :( ?She simply didn't read it properly. She presumed everyone takes paypal. I can't . It doesn't operate in my country and there is no way I can take the money.

What should we do? Can she cancel thepayment? Will it cost her? How big a problem is this???

What shall I answer her please.

madmum
01-14-2004, 11:28 AM
You can refuse the payment, and inform the buyer that you can't accept payment through paypal, and explain how you can accept it. There will be no cost to your buyer for cancelling the payment. Frustrating when people don't read your terms, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Ruth

ale.l
01-14-2004, 11:32 AM
Thank God Ruth! Thank you for coming to quick rescue :)

Bendaini
01-14-2004, 02:02 PM
They can send you a pay pal payment even when you aren't signed up?

Ug, after how much trouble it was for me to sign up I don't think I'd have taken payment without a prior account anyway. It isn't worth it.

busy91
01-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Seems that people don't like to READ what they are bidding on. Sorry for your trouble, but I think that Ruth is right. Send the bidder an email explaining why you are refusing it.

ale.l
01-14-2004, 04:33 PM
They can send you a pay pal payment even when you aren't signed up?

Ug, after how much trouble it was for me to sign up I don't think I'd have taken payment without a prior account anyway. It isn't worth it.

I know Bendani, but what's the use if I can't sign up. My country is not listed in the sing up dialogue. They are lying when they say "you can send money to anyone with an email address"- how many people are there with an email address who don't live in the 30 odd paypal friendly countries?

I have explained nicely why this won't work for me and I haven't heard from her since. Knowing how touchy some customers are I wonder if she comes back at all.

Antoine
01-14-2004, 04:58 PM
I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you. If I could have, I would have taken it for you… but then how do I get it to you :rolleyes:

Hope it works out okay!!

ale.l
01-14-2004, 05:35 PM
It's not a problem sending to me if people listen to what I tell them :)

I have a service similar to paypal - ikobo.com - this company sends you a reloadable debit card instead of transferring funds into a bank account, and you can withdraw money on an ATM. Works quite nice for me.
And it's not costly at all.

They are awful in customer support and there are glitches here and there but it's easy for customers to pay with a credit card.

Ebay is a funny place. While there are people like this Jeff that keeps writing, asking if there's anything else he can do.. and may he see this or that.. asking questions about what I do etc.. quite nice :) - there are others like this lady that sent the money by mistake that doesn't communicate at all.. and when she does it's curt and impersonal. Well.. you all know this don't you.. I'm still watching and learning :)