PDA

View Full Version : Is Jan good 4 u?

CoolArtiste
01-13-2004, 05:19 AM
Have your sales picked up in January?

ale.l
01-13-2004, 06:42 AM
I was discouraged in the beginning but my first Jan auction ended last night with 7 bids and 44 dollars - from 35. My other painting expires today and there is a bid on it too.
It seems customers have smartened up and wait for the last minute!

I've got others going.. nothing on them yet.

I think it's not bad? I don't know how it was last year as I'm new on ebay.

Jennie Rose
01-13-2004, 02:25 PM
January has been a slow start. I know myself it has been a few weeks just getting back in to some kind of work routine after the Holidays, so maybe the customers are going through the same thing.

I am still disappointed in the amount of views also.
I give up trying to figure out the whys..

Sincerely, Josie

Lee_The_Astonishing
01-13-2004, 04:26 PM
I have had plenty of views ( for me) :D but very few bids :crying: . Although I am quite new to ebay and don't have much selling at any one time.

Lee :evil:

ElizaLeahy
01-13-2004, 06:16 PM
Yes :)

TeAnne
01-13-2004, 07:21 PM
So far so good. have sold 2,(one from the shop) and 3 have bids. Oh yeah, also sold one for $1. *sigh*

dorith
01-13-2004, 07:45 PM
so far, this jan has been my best month ever - highest prices, most views, and most sold. but i credit that to my dh, who does the marketing thing for me - and he's been really pushing everything: ads, new ebaystore, newsletters, fp's etc.., so that's probably why that's been working really well. so far, i've sold 12 from my store, and lots of others on auctions.
am i ever glad - he's out of a job since june, and his unemployment is running out this week. we have three kids and my painting is our only income from now on...keep your fingers crossed that things will get even better or that he finally finds a job, otherwise we'll be in deep trouble in a hurry.

btw.: anyone looking for a senior marketing manager ( the best one in the world, of course - and no, i'm not exaggerating (sp?))?

CarlyHardy
01-13-2004, 08:30 PM
Just started back listing and sales have been good! I noticed that almost all of the bids were in the last 12 hours or so, too. I do think folks are watching to see what's closing when they bid.

carly

SunshineyChelle
01-13-2004, 09:34 PM
Just started back listing and sales have been good! I noticed that almost all of the bids were in the last 12 hours or so, too. I do think folks are watching to see what's closing when they bid.

carly

This brings me back to what I thought at the end of last year..... since the last 12 hours are usually the best, would it be best to do 3 -5 day auctions?? Why not do shorter auctions... quicker turnaround? Other than the fact that if you list the 7 days you get more days for your money.

But, hey, I've done nothing this year on eBay (and not for lack of a little tryin!).. so what do I know!!!!

Michelle

ElizaLeahy
01-13-2004, 09:43 PM
This brings me back to what I thought at the end of last year..... since the last 12 hours are usually the best, would it be best to do 3 -5 day auctions?? Why not do shorter auctions... quicker turnaround? Other than the fact that if you list the 7 days you get more days for your money.

But, hey, I've done nothing this year on eBay (and not for lack of a little tryin!).. so what do I know!!!!

Michelle

I don't think so. I listed 26 little paintings for $1 each. The ones I had for 3 - 5 days didn't go up much in price. The ones I had for 7 - 10 days went up, some to over $20, a much better result! People had time to look - and to have a bid war.

dorith
01-13-2004, 10:03 PM
it probably depends on how many paintings you have listed. if you have only one painting listed every week, then i'd probably go for the longer run.
but if you can list something daily or every other day, then i'd probably let some of them go for only three days.
another factor too, is when you start your auctions - sat/sunday/monday as ending days don't seem to work too well for me. wed-fri is better, as far as i can tell.

the ones that i fp usually run for 7 days - that way i get max exposure, and a lot of times people will check on my other auctions as well, and oftentimes bid on them - or meander to my store and buy directly.

but it does seem to be the last 24 hours where the bids start coming.