PDA

View Full Version : New website, and good news!

kiwicockatoo
01-11-2004, 05:17 PM
I've completely redone my website to match my ebay autions. I'm trying to get everything coordinated. I know some of you don't like the black background look, but I think it matches the mood of my paintings well. If anyone wants check it out and let me know if there are any boo boos! I'm still tweaking a few things.
http://www3.mb.sympatico.ca/~rbmouss/

I had a bit of luck this week. I was contacted by a doll fashion magazine - one of their photographers is doing a barbie fashion shoot and wants to use a couple of my paintings in the background. I'm not sure yet if they will be suitable - it depends on how they look in the finished photos I guess. But if they use my images they will give me a credit and a link in their magazine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

As for my feng shui experiment, I have an opening bid on all of them at least.

Lady Rando
01-11-2004, 06:10 PM
I think your site looks wonderful. The black background does not compete with the art. (I also hava a black background on my site). Your site is nice and clean and sharp and professional looking.

surreal
01-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Hi kiwi,
Your website is looking terrific!
Congrats on your good news!!! :D

imaginethat
01-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Black is definitely the best background for your artwork - the pictures look fabulous displayed against it! I also really like your font color choices - very nicely done! Easy navigation too. :clap:

Sumafra
01-11-2004, 07:10 PM
I like your website very much, Kiwi. Your work is delightful. On your bio page, three of the pictures have links, the fourth does not, however, when clicking though, none of the pictures are showing up (for me anyway). Congrats on a nice look for your website. :clap:

TeAnne
01-11-2004, 07:34 PM
Looks awesome. Your artwork is incrediable.
The big pic of "vinni" & "Csello" are showing red X :(
Well done Kiwi.

kiwicockatoo
01-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Oh wow, thanks for the positive feedback everyone. I'm glad no one dislikes the black background. I'm not generally a fan of black but it seems to work well with my work because the paintings are so colorful. I know the text can be a bit hard to read though.

My about me page is still a mess. I think I will take of the thumbnails and just leave the pond nymph (it will make sense why it's there when my bio is done). Like always when I had finished uploading the site there were tonnes of broken links to fix, so I concentrated on getting the gallery working ok and left my about me page. I think I will go delete those thumbnails. Well, maybe vinnie can stay. I like him. :)

TeAnne
01-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Well, maybe vinnie can stay. I like him. :)
:cat: I hope you do leave him there. I LOVE him :cat: