PDA

View Full Version : 2nd frisket use (1996?)

ProfessorGreibowitz
01-11-2004, 02:04 AM
Here's something I did maybe 8 years ago just trying to use the Frisk masking material on... yes, cheap POSTERBOARD! :eek:

Why do I do that? Because I hate to waste good canvas on an experiment.

But it's okay. Just an experiment but one day I was chasing my dog around the coffee table in the living room and I had place the painting on the couch leaned up against the back cushions and I didn't think about it but my dog loves to jump onto the back of the couch (yes, the back) while he's running to gain momentum so he can get away from me. Well, you know what happened. :eek: :crying: Yeah, that's the wrinkle effect in the lower and right parts. I doctored some in Fireworks but it's still there. Didn't care to remove all of it. There's also a prob on one of the bubbles. I think the paint smeared.

Well, just thought I'd post it. I don't have many more things to post. So, that tells you how many I've done in 9 years! Um, 9? hehehehehhehe :eek:

Tim

Colorfast
01-11-2004, 09:09 AM
Good mornin' Prof:
Colorfast Here. It's early and my eyes are still rusty. But I like what I see here. I can see this in a duratrans (12 X 18) and backlighted on your artroom wall. Or better yet, this would look great in your rec by the pooltable. What ya' think?

Colorfast

ProfessorGreibowitz
01-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Oh, I think any underwater scene looks cool on room walls! heheheh

I used Createx on posterboard and that was looooong before I discovered (most recently) about how to create organic textures with masks so the fish has no scales and the coral has no texture either. But, overall it turned out cool. I think I used deep blue for the color of the water. I was very proud of the little bubbles! hehe I used a circle template for those.

Well, the bad part is the white middle part of the fish will be burnt sienna in about another 5 years. hehee I gotta start wasting illustration board instaed of paintings!

Thanks for the compliments!!!!

Tim

Alan Cross
01-12-2004, 12:55 AM
Good job with your painting....
Alan :)

ProfessorGreibowitz
01-12-2004, 03:17 AM
Thanks, Alan! I went to your site. Very nice stuff. I posted a couple of watercolors I did in that forum but they are just color-between-the-line stuff. I am too scared to let the colors blend on the paper! :eek:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158731

hmmm thought I posted another... oh well, can't find it.

Tim

Alan Cross
01-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Hi Tim and thanks for looking....you know all it is is practice lol
Alan :)

ProfessorGreibowitz
01-12-2004, 04:47 PM
My fav is the 3rd demo. That's the hanging flowers. It has a very fuzzy background look and it makes the flowers look closer. Nice colors too.

Tim

Keith Russell
01-13-2004, 12:39 PM
Well, the bad part is the white middle part of the fish will be burnt sienna in about another 5 years. hehee I gotta start wasting illustration board instaed of paintings!

Professor, don't tell me you're still using posterboard?

K

ProfessorGreibowitz
01-13-2004, 06:24 PM
Hehehehe :eek:

Yeah. Well, I've only recently gotten back to trying to airbrush seriously and I have NEVER used illustration board so I can't wait. In fact, three people at my school was asking if I could paint their [family-member-here]. !

So, I figure I can buy some large illustration board and do a B&W like I did of my grandfather and not charge much at first. So, I thought my corkboard idea would be the first illustration board painting for me but it may be a large B&W portrait. Hey, why not? They get a great deal and I get experience and gas money! hehehehhehe

So, I'll talk to one guy and see if he wants to give me a chance to paint his wife. Head n shoulders and I hope she doesn't wear glasses and jewelry! hehehehehe

Well, I'll keep ya'll posted.

Tim