PDA

View Full Version : Deer at Dusk

artdude
08-05-2001, 07:40 AM
This was rendered with india ink and brush on bristol board. One of the few I have done using a brush. Size of original is 17" X 13" I like the way the silhouette works with the white space here. Simple yet effective :) I have done a couple of pieces using a silhouette theme and would like to do more using a wildlife theme.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Aug-2001/copydeersilouette.jpg

NorahT
08-05-2001, 08:47 AM
Very effective silouhette and you do well with a brush. What sort and size of brush?

Whilst I am here - thank you Art for working so hard to get this forum for us :)

animal
08-05-2001, 02:41 PM
Awesome! Yes, you should do more of these using a wildlife theme. :D Just the other day I saw a doe close-up in a field in the daytime.:clap:

artdude
08-06-2001, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by NorahT
Very effective silouhette and you do well with a brush. What sort and size of brush?

hmmm....I'm not too sure about the size of the brush...it's some type of chinese round brush...the stem is bamboo...I think :confused:

Whilst I am here - thank you Art for working so hard to get this forum for us :)

You're quite welcome...but we ALL had a hand in this forum by getting involved in the Ink threads :D

artdude
08-06-2001, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by animal
Awesome! Yes, you should do more of these using a wildlife theme. :D

Thanks animal :)

Just the other day I saw a doe close-up in a field in the daytime.:clap:

I see them in the fields around here too. That's what's great about living in a rural area :D

mclaughlin
08-07-2001, 03:15 PM
Hi Artdude,

good heaven, what a piece of art. My dad used to draw deer.
Your wonderful picture brings back memories...

Thanks
ML

:clap: :clap:

RuthT
08-08-2001, 04:50 PM
A beautiful work Artdude!

There were some silhouettes on the let's post threads. I think I may try this style - would cut out all those dots that are getting the better of me at the moment :)

artdude
08-08-2001, 06:33 PM
Thanks Ruth and ML :D

ML do you have any of your Dad's deer drawings? If so maybe you could post them? Glad it brought back some good memories for you :)

Ruth make sure you post your silhouette drawings when you have them done :) I know exactly what you mean about the dots getting the better of you :eek:

mclaughlin
08-09-2001, 05:58 AM
he didn't do them in Ink and I can't contact him.
He did them in Pencil.

Bye for now

Sandi
08-16-2001, 12:59 PM
Awesome!

digistyle
08-21-2001, 01:19 AM
How doy keep the shape so clean? Do you create a stencil or mask to work from? Very nice work.

digistyle

artdude
08-21-2001, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by digistyle
How doy keep the shape so clean? Do you create a stencil or mask to work from? Very nice work.

Thanks digistyle :) No stencil or masking in this one. Just started with a line drawing and inked it with a brush and tried to keep a steady hand while doing it.

Earlene
08-23-2001, 01:03 AM
Wow artdude, you are a natural when it comes to nature pics. You are so gifted. Wonderful job.

artdude
08-23-2001, 08:58 AM
Thanks Earlene :D I really enjoy nature drawing.

auntie_chaos
10-22-2001, 07:50 AM
artdude ... Just checking out some of the older posts here and I came across this one of yours. Love it!! I love wildlife scenes. Love what you've done with silouhette! Would like to see more like this! :) I really wish I could draw better ... one of the things I'm going to try to brush up on this winter. Envy those who can draw with pen ... I tend to need to use light pencil so I can erase my mistakes. :) My 15 yr old daughter however is much better at the pen & ink stuff and I'm encouraging her to keep it up and keep practicing.

artdude
10-22-2001, 01:03 PM
THANK YOU CHERYL!! :D Happy to hear you enjoyed my ink drawing. Haven't done much of that as of late but hope to get back to it soon. I see you have done some snooping around the Ink forum. Thanks for taking the time to comment of some of the ink works here. Hope to see some of your ink work in here somewhere down the road. Take care :)