PDA

View Full Version : Have a Look at this Artist's Work

jocelynsart
01-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Just thought I'd drop this one in. Never have run across her before. Holy beautiful texture! Here is an example of someone whose work you would think would be getting more bids for sure. Her FB is just glowing too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20135&item=3641639158

arteitaliana
01-10-2004, 08:45 PM
Good technique, good color. Her composition is not that great....lots of empty space, lack of good negative shapes. Also her subject matter is not too popular ...wine, flowers...
As you can see she is doing better on the FP listing.

R

jocelynsart
01-11-2004, 07:22 AM
Yes, I noticed her comps. could use some work.
I love the textures and colours and her brush work.
I did not notice any indication of FPs. Can you still see that at the top of an auction page or just one's own page?
Wine is not a popluar subject? I was surprised to see that it is a keyword in many of my results on Sellathon. Onion and glass surprisingly has also been a keyword! lol I am seeing wine painting, and wine used in the Product Finder info in Art Contemp. 1950-now Paintings. I also have alot of unrelated lookers who were searching for wine glasses and wine. Most from CA.
I like her banner alot.

imaginethat
01-11-2004, 08:02 AM
I've been watching her for awhile - love her work! I like her use of space and color. Wine is very trendy right now as art - and drink - and I am very tempted to buy one from her before her prices jump - which I'm sure they will!

tonigart
01-11-2004, 10:30 AM
I really like her art too, it is very likely her prices will eventually go up. If I were her I would put all of the paintings (as long as they were the same quality as the one you picked out) on fp, add 20 to her starting price to cover the fp. Then start the auction at 9.99 with the reserve of say 59 stated in the description (which I still see it being a bargain at 59). I think she would get better prices faster. I would put a reserve on it since she is a relative newbie at selling art.

She also needs to be a little more "passionate" about her art and the listing it is a little ho hum.

I think wine is a good subject matter to paint, at least for now. I think she is just getting lost in all of the listings. Those who do find her with wine search may be more motivated to bid once they see her art selling for higher prices with more bids.

Take care,
Toni

surreal
01-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Hi Joss,
Thanks for posting this artist's work!

I think she may become an ebay star seller.

Her gallery pics look great!
Her use of color is bold and exciting.

I agree with Rita; her compositions could use improvement.

BTW, may we see a link to your ebay auctions, Joss?
:D

jocelynsart
01-11-2004, 01:52 PM
I know, isn't her work just scrumptious? I always admire that textured strong brush work style. I have no natural tendancey to paint that way but I love it.
You are welcome Surreal. I just had to show you guys!
I wish I could buy one now too. But, alas, I am supposed to be saving not spending! lol We need a new truck next yr as my hubby has a 15 yr old one which has seen better days. lol
I have a feeling the longer she is on, the higher her work may go.
I took it off my signature line, sorry. I feel silly having it there when posting on WC in other Forums. Dopey I know, but just me. I have always had an aversion to feeling like I may be soliciting. But, I don't feel that way about seeing others' links, just if I were to put it. It is jmbfigurestudies.
Joss

Sumafra
01-11-2004, 07:39 PM
I like her work a lot. Love all that texture. I've been putting a lot of texture in my own paintings lately, I find that really appealing.

sweetbabyjames
01-11-2004, 07:50 PM
Thanks for pointing this artist out to us. It is so hard to find artists on ebay, and I always appreciate it when someone points out a new talent.