PDA

View Full Version : Strategies for Ebay Stores

surreal
01-10-2004, 12:10 PM
Hi,
I have been stocking my store with items in a variety of price ranges.

I have been selling alot of items from my store - mostly in the lower price category.

However, the sale of many lower priced items does add up! ;)

*I notice that some folk list the same pieces in their store for several months at a time. I disagree with this practice because I think that it leaves our customers with the feeling that we are not successful at selling our paintings; IMO, this is not a good marketing strategy.

What do you think of the above ideas?

How do you strategize for the artwork in your store?

:)

ElizaLeahy
01-10-2004, 06:03 PM
Hi,
I have been stocking my store with items in a variety of price ranges.

I have been selling alot of items from my store - mostly in the lower price category.

However, the sale of many lower priced items does add up! ;)

*I notice that some folk list the same pieces in their store for several months at a time. I disagree with this practice because I think that it leaves our customers with the feeling that we are not successful at selling our paintings; IMO, this is not a good marketing strategy.

What do you think of the above ideas?

How do you strategize for the artwork in your store?

I'm thinking of offering mousemats..... odd hey :)

arteitaliana
01-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Now I have to log every time I want to reply....this new format has done something to my connection, don't understand what.

Anyway....I keep only expensive items in my store, so it's understandable if they don't sell very quickly. This said, my store at the moment is pitiful..only two items left.

I should do something about it.

wayfarer
01-10-2004, 09:06 PM

Guilty as charged. I agree with your thinking. I was just looking into some other venues to place those older paintings, or just put them into inventory for the show season.

One thing I have done is to start keyword ad campaigns with a link to a store category. Been successful here in moving some paintings.

Chris

Sumafra
01-11-2004, 07:49 PM

That would be correct if the same people were looking into your store all the time, which maybe is happening, I guess, if someone has you bookmarked. However, if the viewers are different all the time, coming from your auctions, well, they wouldn't know the difference, would they? And you'd be getting more exposure by leaving your paintings in there for a long time.

I guess it's hard to know which is best.

surreal
01-11-2004, 07:54 PM
That would be correct if the same people were looking into your store all the time, which maybe is happening, I guess, if someone has you bookmarked. However, if the viewers are different all the time, coming from your auctions, well, they wouldn't know the difference, would they? And you'd be getting more exposure by leaving your paintings in there for a long time.

I guess it's hard to know which is best.

I have several repeat buyers who I would not want seeing the same pics in my store month after month.

But, it is true that there are new bidders on ebay all the time, so I understand your point, Suzette.

*In a way, I see one's ebay store as a website, that needs to be updated regularly.*

ElizaLeahy
01-12-2004, 12:42 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3651514589&category=20158&rd=1

I just about cried. This means we can buy an airconditioner! (I think)

And that painting was only in the store about 2 weeks.

surreal
01-12-2004, 12:50 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3651514589&category=20158&rd=1

I just about cried. This means we can buy an airconditioner! (I think)

And that painting was only in the store about 2 weeks.

Fabulous, Eliza!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I made a store sale today, too!
*not enough money to buy an air conditioner though*
LOL
:D

TeAnne
01-12-2004, 01:45 AM
Fabulous, Eliza!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I made a store sale today, too!
*not enough money to buy an air conditioner though*
LOL
:D
Me too :) Aint it great?

Congrats Eliza, you deserve it :D :clap: :clap:

JoyJoyJoy
01-12-2004, 09:23 AM

I agree with this. I think of about eBay stores like mortar-and-brick retail stores. We all have our favorite retail stores... and if we return to them every week or two, we do not expect all their merchandise to have changed. We are used to store merchandise (in the "real" world) rotating slowly and continuously, and I think eBay customers would expect the same from our eBay stores.

So, I see no problem with keeping the same artworks in our eBay stores for months, especially the higher priced items.

Rita... I am having the same log-on problem, as well as a dozen more (my signature line has disappeared and I get it to come back.) I am just going to give the administrators some time to fine tune the new programming before I send them a list of problems... maybe they will fix them in the meantime.

Nance