PDA

View Full Version : Carolyn's Waterfall!

Leopoldo1
08-04-2001, 11:48 AM
I thought I would post one of my wife's abstract paintings, since this has been her direction for quite sometime now. The internet is like a strange foreign culture to her and she has decided to leave any of the introductions and meetings to this ambassodor of good will. It is rather large, 48X60 oil on canvas. Any critiques are most welcomed. Maybe this will get her more envolved. :confused: :oL

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Aug-2001/abstract.jpg

AmyH
08-04-2001, 12:04 PM
enjoy the somber use of color, and the great contrast, there is too much pull downward for me, perhaps some more elements to not pull the eye down to the bottom of the canvas so forcfully. Otherwise no problems in my eye. I see a winged lower torso, lots of force in this work.

amy

AmyH
08-04-2001, 12:06 PM
just want to add i see things in my own work when reduced that when seen actual size do not register the same. so in real life (as we all know) the pull downward may not "feel" the same.

amy

colorme
08-04-2001, 03:16 PM
I see a waterfall and maybe itís my imagination but I see an elephant..I donít think it was intentional but it looks cool:)

artman2384
08-05-2001, 10:39 PM
Leopoldo
I actually cant figure out what the painting is, but i love paintings that are like that.and i love your wife's work i love the movement in the painting.

Luis Guerreiro
08-07-2001, 02:23 PM
Leo,
Please tell your wife that I absolutely loved it. I like abstracts a lot myself. Very nice composition, with character, the almost monochromatic quality unifying the whole very well with just the right dose of contrast, which helps create a sense of movement. I did not feel the work drives the viewer down. Excellent. Well done. :clap:
This is a bit personal :o . I am just curious to know if you two share the same mediums, or does your wife go for her own mediums and paints, etc?
Luis

Leopoldo1
08-10-2001, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Luis Guerreiro

This is a bit personal :o . I am just curious to know if you two share the same mediums, or does your wife go for her own mediums and paints, etc?
Luis

Carolyn read your replies and thanks you all for your input. I thought she would get more envolved but this internet stuff is still a foreign country to her and she doesn't want to get a passport.

Luis, no. she buys the cheapest oils she can find since she paints large and slaps paint everywhere. Utrecht tube paints usually and house paints. She has settled down quite a bit and only paints if the desire overwhelms her as opposed to years back when she sold alot. She is also a successful clothing designer and has sold nationwide. Sacks, Nordstroms, etc. She literally has painted on everything, including clothes, raincoats, umbrellas, shoes, canes, earrings, hats, rocks, wood, purses, glasses, tree limbs, Wearable ArtShe has had reps in Chicago, New York, Washington, L.A. and Scotland. :oL

Luis Guerreiro
08-10-2001, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Leopoldo

Carolyn read your replies and thanks you all for your input. I thought she would get more envolved but this internet stuff is still a foreign country to her and she doesn't want to get a passport.

Luis, no. she buys the cheapest oils (...) Wearable ArtShe has had reps in Chicago, New York, Washington, L.A. and Scotland. :oL
OK! Scotland?! Seriously?! Christ! I better check my kilt again for paint. :D
Tell Carolyn that she must go back into painting more often and keep coming round joining us for a chat. :)
Luis

Leopoldo1
08-10-2001, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Luis Guerreiro

OK! Scotland?! Seriously?! Christ! I better check my kilt again for paint. :D

Ha, ha! Luis, she got a schuckle out of that one! I know when she is at it again because her fingernails look like minature Jackson Pollocks! BTW her work is owned by private and corporate collectors, including actor Ed Anser and author Jean Auel. :)L

kptad2
08-10-2001, 08:06 PM
that is beautiful piece..
it comes to me as a pixie with her head bowed... as if she is or her wings are frayed.. but thats my view .. i like it no matter :clap: :clap: :clap:

arourapope
08-10-2001, 11:28 PM
Carolyn......this is very intense, very cool!!!!!!!! Show us more!
Aurora