PDA

View Full Version : I have a bid :)

TeAnne
01-09-2004, 05:49 AM
:clap: On the Frangapani :D

deborahbart
01-09-2004, 07:59 AM
:clap: On the Frangapani :D

well done Te! :clap: It's a great painting. People love frangipanis! I have a small one up and it is doing better than the sunflower I also have listed. The sunflower is bigger and in my opinion a nice painting but the little frangipani is getting all the bids...go figure!

TeAnne
01-09-2004, 08:01 AM
ooooooooo I best go have a look :) Congrats.

I have a lady very interested in coming here to look at my paintings :D

TeAnne
01-09-2004, 08:03 AM
They're both beautiful Deb. :)
I see you new listings the gallery pics are not showing either :(

deborahbart
01-09-2004, 08:05 AM

Thanks Te. Yeah - I was just gunna ask you if you know why that is. Never had that happen before :(

TeAnne
01-09-2004, 08:07 AM
Maybe ebay have just had an influx of listings. The servers need to catch up.

deborahbart
01-09-2004, 08:11 AM
Maybe ebay have just had an influx of listings. The servers need to catch up.

Yup guess so. Will keep an eye on it and get onto them if it;s not better tomorrow. Had to laugh when I saw my new $1 listing got a bid already...even without the picture. Hope its a good omen.

I see you relisted the lion - good luck with it. I love his face. I sold my first painting from my shop yesterday. It was so unexpected so all the more sweet. :)

TeAnne
01-09-2004, 08:15 AM
Yep, I forgot to mention that I saw that bid :D good onya, I hope it does well. :D

Yeah, the poor lions have been in the shop for some time now. *sigh* It's even framed. What is wrong with people?

I'm beginning to think my work sux big time :(

deborahbart
01-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Don't you start thinking that...you started off this thread soooo happy!!! :)))

I find with ebay that the worse I think a painting is the better it does so I think my taste in painting sucks.

Your work is so expressive. You wouldn't have so many happy customers if it sucked. The lion one will sell. One day when you have forgotten about trying to sell it someone will pick it up.

Have you thought about going through all your previous sales and seeing what did the best and then developing those themes further? I sometimes find that helps when things get slow.

Most people don't have any money after Christmas either (I know I don't) I am surprised I am getting any sales at all.

surreal
01-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Congrats to you, Te! :clap:

TeAnne
01-09-2004, 08:32 AM
The Bird of Para and those silly nudes lol
The wacky bright green nude. The Rose had bids but didn't meet the reserve so I chucked it in the shop.
I can't possibly start an auction @ $1........... I did that once 3 years ago and it sold for a dollar and she was an NPB *ugh* I sold it last year for $20 or $30 or something. Coloured pencil on black paper it was.

TeAnne
01-09-2004, 08:33 AM
Congrats to you, Te! :clap:
tnx Nina, ending in about 20 mins :D
0 Feedbacker.

TeAnne
01-09-2004, 08:39 AM
OMG! Look here
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20158&item=3652922878 :clap: :clap: :clap:

surreal
01-09-2004, 08:41 AM
tnx Nina, ending in about 20 mins :D
0 Feedbacker.

Hi Te,
I had 2 (0) feedback people recently win drawings and the transactions went perfectly well!
I wish you the same - a perfect transaction with your 0 feedback person.
:D

*oops - I forgot to mention that I wish you luck in that I hope the price will go up*
;)

deborahbart
01-09-2004, 08:43 AM
The $1 is a risk I know. I never list a $1 painting that took me very long to do.

Fortunately I haven't had a bad experience with it yet, and if I did, I would write it off as a marketing/promotion cost. I give away paintings every now and again to competitions, charity auctions etc so I'd just accept it.

The interesting thing has been using the $1 NR to determine my pricing. Paintings that I would have sold for say $100, have consistently made it to the $200 range when listed at $1 so it's taught me to charge more.

deborahbart
01-09-2004, 08:45 AM
OMG! Look here
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20158&item=3652922878 :clap: :clap: :clap:

YAYAYAYAYAY!!

surreal
01-09-2004, 08:45 AM
OMG! Look here

Great going, Te!

*it's off to work I go, now*

Your day is going extremely well!
:clap:

TeAnne
01-09-2004, 08:49 AM
I hate this painting lol
Thanks girls :)
Deb, do you think I should auction something out of my shop ???

deborahbart
01-09-2004, 08:50 AM
OMG! Look here

Mine's racing up too LOL LOL LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3652920183&category=20158&rd=1

BTW 90% of my buyers are 0 feedbackers. Never had a problem with any of them.

TeAnne
01-09-2004, 08:52 AM
We have the same bidder :D :clap: :clap:

deborahbart
01-09-2004, 09:04 AM
We have the same bidder :D :clap: :clap:

ROFLMAO ooooh that is hillarious *splutter*

I briefly wondered if it was the same bidder when I saw I had a bid just after you but I didn't get around to checking it (was on to your next post by then :)

Well *clinking glass* congratulations. She must have varied decor!

With regard to auctioning from the shop, maybe you should relist the yellow nude and/or the orange hibiscus. Those are my 2 favourites. If I were you I'd relist them but keep the listing cheap - no fp, wouldn't worry about the description...have started to think it's a waste of 50c for all it does.

I still think the orange hybiscis would do well if you painted another one from a different view and sold them together.

TeAnne
01-09-2004, 09:06 AM
That winner has no name and address Arghhhhhhhhhhhh

TeAnne
01-09-2004, 09:10 AM
I just dropped the price of the yellow nude and this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20158&item=3646341134
I see, I would have to end the shop ones to relist as auctions :(

deborahbart
01-09-2004, 09:10 AM
That winner has no name and address Arghhhhhhhhhhhh

oh @$%!

Never mind Te - they might still come through for you. Crossing everything.

I gotta go to bed *yawn*

TeAnne
01-09-2004, 09:17 AM
oh @$%!

Never mind Te - they might still come through for you. Crossing everything.

I gotta go to bed *yawn*
All I know is that they are in Leichardt and have a lawyers address.
I hate how EBAY USA give out my address and say to post payment when i only do DD and Paymate. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

deborahbart
01-09-2004, 09:19 AM
I just dropped the price of the yellow nude and this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20158&item=3646341134
I see, I would have to end the shop ones to relist as auctions :(

Yeah, thats not cool having to end the shop. Maybe just paint a few more for listings. It's good to have new stuff.

I love this nude. The first time I looked at her her eyes freaked me out a bit (she has that Mona Lisa-esque stare). You know what I really like is the close up shot (first one) where you just show the mid region of the body. I could see that being a really nice painting. By takng the face out of it, it becomes a portrait of every woman and no woman. Do you know what I mean? I am not communicating very well at this early hour of the morning.

I have to go to bed now...big day tomorrow entertaining the rellos, but it was lovely to chat. G'nite Te!

TeAnne
01-09-2004, 09:26 AM
Thanks Deb. :) Sleep tight and happy tomorrow :D

laurali
01-09-2004, 12:04 PM
When I get that gallery picture problem, I use Change Gallery Picture at http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?DisplayGalleryImagePage&fromryilanding=1 Click Submit to resubmit the image. If you then check Seller's Other Items (not the store) it will be corrected right away if it worked (you might have to hit Refresh).

I don't know if it self-corrects. It sure is maddening.

Laura

TeAnne
01-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Thanks Laura. :) They are showing this morning.