PDA

View Full Version : Special on web site hosting

MonicaB
01-08-2004, 08:39 PM
A friend told me about this deal, and I thought I'd share.

http://www.1and1.com

Is offering 3 years of hosting free, which is normally $29 a month. They also offer domain name registration for $5.99 a year. The promotion runs through Jan 21.

*This is not a paid endorsement.* :D

breslinc
01-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Sounds like a great deal but I did notice that you have to use one of their templates and their software for uploading. That means you can't tailor your site to what you want. Although, I might be wrong....

Thanks

MonicaB
01-08-2004, 09:06 PM
I think they're just available for your use, not required. I could be wrong, but Earthlink has that "feature" too. I've never used their templates though; always done my own.

surreal
01-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Hi Monica,
It is so nice to see you here!
:)
Thanks for your post!
:)

JoyJoyJoy
01-09-2004, 08:50 AM
A friend told me about this deal, and I thought I'd share.

http://www.1and1.com
:D

Just wanted to let you know that this site, and the one artist website I have opened from this site, do not load properly on my computer... a MacIntosh. So, for me, and possibly all Mac users, it seems anything from 1and1 is unreadable and unusable. I have very rarely encountered this kind of page opening problem on the web... and usually at sites that are created by amateurs and have not been tested across all possible servers, browsers, and internet connections.

Nance

MonicaB
01-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Hi Nina! :D

Nance, thanks for the note. It uses XML, but I know nothing about Macs, so don't know if that's it or not. Good point, though. Thanks.

prtpix
01-09-2004, 12:58 PM
I just got one from here.
I also registered a domain name with them.
I am sure it is not active yet. I have not put anything on it.
But, This will encourage me to do what I have been wanting to do more of.
My new domain name is pa-pleinair.com
If that doesn't get me out and painting, nothing will.
I am very excited about it.