PDA

View Full Version : Misty Morning, pastel

gmc
08-04-2001, 07:41 AM
Pastel 12 x 18 canson mi-tientes felt gray.
I took a photo while on vacation a few years ago. I just got around to painting now. In between portraits for portraits project.geri
Oh,this is a new way of uploading, i hope i did it correctly!!! I need to post pictures more often i guess.

Thumper
08-04-2001, 10:43 AM
This is so beautiful! I feel like i'm there and the mist is encasing me. I love it!
Joc

Bobbie
08-04-2001, 11:35 AM
It's lovely - the combination of light in the clouds and water is really beautiful. Where was photo taken?

LDianeJohnson
08-04-2001, 12:37 PM
Nice job of keeping everything loose and soft. If the photo shows it, you can heighten the highlights on the wave most in the sun. And bring a bit more color into the reflected water.

D.

gmc
08-04-2001, 02:08 PM
Thank you Thumper and Bobbie, I have to say finding this photo took me down memory lane. Actually it was not an exotic place. It was a beach vacation near Cape May, I think they call it, in New Jersey. I just remember that it had rained for 2 days and we woke one morning to no raindrops. I was determined to be near the ocean, took my camera and found this. Everything still wet with the rain, but the sunrise burning through. I am glad you enjoyed it also.

Diane, Thank you. As usual you are right on. Can't tell you how much you have helped me now and in the past. Will attend to reflections of sky colors in water and more highlight on the main wave. :) That sounds like it should be easy???!!!!??? geri

wendee
08-04-2001, 11:12 PM
this is wonderful :D

dollardays
08-12-2001, 10:44 PM
I would love to have this painting hanging in my home. It's beautiful. :) Nora

gmc
08-14-2001, 02:17 PM
Nora,
Thank you so very much. There is no higher compliment.

Actually, I don't have it any longer. I was on my way to get it framed and some gentleman was coming out of the frame shop, saw it in my hand, inquired about it and bought it. Right on the spot and even before I framed it. So he turned around went back in and had it framed himself. It couldn't have been better. geri

yogi
08-14-2001, 05:40 PM
I don't blame him for snatching up your painting so quickly like that. It's beautiful, indeed. Congratulations on the sale....and on the fact that someone recognized so quickly that it's a masterpiece!

:clap: :clap:

LDianeJohnson
08-14-2001, 07:59 PM
Bingo Geri -- way to go!

dollardays
08-17-2001, 06:30 PM
Gloria: Actually, I don't have it any longer. I was on my way to get it framed and some gentleman was coming out of the frame shop, saw it in my hand, inquired about it and bought it.

Well, I would have even been satisfied with a print! But now that's out of the question! You'll just have to paint some more seascapes. Seriously, I love it. :) Nora

Bobbie
08-17-2001, 07:46 PM
YES! Way to go.:clap:

Victor
08-18-2001, 05:29 PM
Fantastic Gloria, everyone has said it for me but will just add that I'm off on holiday to Cyprus next wednesday and I'm taking my new box of pastels with me after seeing this. True inspiration.

:clap:

Victor

gmc
08-19-2001, 07:38 AM
Diane, Yogi and Bobbie, Thanks for your well wishes. After everything was said and done, he bought a wonderful frame and mat(actually I would not of spent that much money on a frame) and I took the money and went to the art supply shop and had a field day with left overs for another day!!!!!

Nora, Thanks you gave me inspiration to do another. Not the same but another ocean, sea, sand atmospheric. I am very partial to the ocean. Not beach, but the romanticised rocks, waves. Can't you just taste the salt, feel the wind in your hair, hear the crashing of the waves. Oops, that sounds like a song.

Victor, Cyprus, wow, have a great time. Take those pastels and then let us see what Cyprus looks like. Also, do me a favor, take some pictures with your camera and post them. I would love to see them as reference photos. I will be watching for your return. Have fun!! geri

Victor
08-19-2001, 04:18 PM
Thanks very much and I will certainly do a photo shoot and post them for you........:)

Victor....

stealth
03-12-2002, 07:15 PM
i just had to reply to this painting,beautiful.

Luvy
03-14-2002, 10:02 AM
Oh wow I LOVE THE COLORS IN THE SKY :clap: :clap: