PDA

View Full Version : In the Cottonwoods

Wyobud
08-04-2001, 07:03 AM
Another old homestead. This one down in the Flaming Gorge country. Once again India ink on parchment.

RuthT
08-04-2001, 05:12 PM
Lovely work Wyobud

Both of your drawings - makes me see how far I have to go!

Can only reply on one post as my mouse is getting more and more difficult to move, only hope it keeps working until I have seen all the messages in the forum.

artdude
08-04-2001, 06:57 PM
Great ink work Wyobud :clap: I like the way the old buildings are nestled in with the trees. I think I am going to have to try the parchment paper. Where do you get yours? I like the old look of the paper too, it adds a lot of character to the art :D

Sandi
08-04-2001, 11:08 PM
Ohhhh Bud, This is gorgeous!! VERY well done.

Wyobud
08-05-2001, 08:12 AM
Thanks to each of you................ I guess you can tell, I like old abandoned homesteads. My roots. Many of the old main cabins of the ranches I worked in my youth were the bunkhouses when the 'New House' was built.

Artdude......This parchment paper is common in the art stores of our area. Can't remember where I got this. It comes in several tones. Its tough enough to take the sharp of the fine metal quill.

Ruth T........Hope you get your mouse trained. I don't do a lot of ink work, so am not as polished as should be. We do an illustrated Christmas letter for family and friends each year and its done in quill and script, so can be copied in Bank Breaking amounts.

Glad you like it Sandi........Have you fussed with your portrait yet? Probably be about as easy to start fresh?

BUD

NorahT
08-05-2001, 08:50 AM
WOW!! I really like this drawing - especially the trees.

Wyobud
08-05-2001, 09:22 AM
Norah T................Thanks I'm really glad you like it. These trees were tough. Had to consider density, light, and form. At my age thinking that much makes me sleepy.

I checked your profile and what is that ana..............? and sleep work? Forgot the word from there to here LOL.

BUD

NorahT
08-05-2001, 01:18 PM
Hi Bud - the anacrostics are like crossword puzzles, but a little more complicated.

The dream work is an analysis of dreams by a trained therapist. I have been going for about six years and it has lifted me out of a depression that was ongoing for almost thirty years. I really don't need it any more, but I go because I enjoy it.

Watercolours have also been a godsend. Discovered pen and ink very recently - a whole different approach to watercolours and a big help with composition and values. I don't think I will get into pointillism and crosshatching to any great extent - I am more of a scribbler :)

daveshattuck
08-06-2001, 05:44 PM
simply nice

animal
08-07-2001, 11:57 AM
Awesome! I especially like the detail.:D :clap:

mclaughlin
08-07-2001, 03:10 PM
Hi Wyobud,

you know that I love all your art, but your ink-work is incredible.
:clap: :clap:

auntie_chaos
10-22-2001, 07:20 AM
Just going through some older posts and came across this one of your's Wyobud. I really like the detail in this. I've always wanted to live in a log cabin in the woods!! :)

calador
11-02-2001, 11:11 PM
Impressive. Nice line work.

misty109
01-06-2007, 06:49 AM
simply wonderful and peaceful very enjoyable.love your work
misty