PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to list too many paintings?

nanabanana
01-08-2004, 01:37 AM
ebay or website .. if I have 100+ prints and a bunch of originals should I list them all in ebay store? a OR break it up into say 4 parts and "change" my store content every season.

what's the max of new paintings or prints i should have up for sale....
would too many drive down price? or limit it to ? number to drive up bidding? I'm worried about saturating market with this style. OR should I start painting in a new style or something? maybe start painting with a Pseudonym? I appreciate any suggestion / tips you may have :)

JoyJoyJoy
01-08-2004, 09:38 AM
I would suggest that you limit the combined amount of items in auction and in your store to something reasonable. As an eBay customer, whenever I open a seller's list and see it has more than two pages of items (about 50 items max), I just close it. Just too much stuff to sift through, especially if the items are all similar.

One of my peeves with eBay is that they do not offer a way to sort or search within the seller listings, without going through the store... and even then, the sorting is useless unless the seller creates and maintains alot of precise catagories.

Perhaps you could start by putting a nice selection of prints, originals, and styles in your store... and, then, just see what sells. Then, replace the kind of items that do not sell with the type that do. Some of your questions can only be answered with some experimentation. There are no real answers about how to sell on eBay... we all have to try this and that before finding what works for us.

Nance

pampe
01-08-2004, 09:33 PM
I would suggest that you limit the combined amount of items in auction and in your store to something reasonable. As an eBay customer, whenever I open a seller's list and see it has more than two pages of items (about 50 items max), I just close it. Just too much stuff to sift through, especially if the items are all similar.

One of my peeves with eBay is that they do not offer a way to sort or search within the seller listings, without going through the store... and even then, the sorting is useless unless the seller creates and maintains alot of precise catagories.

Perhaps you could start by putting a nice selection of prints, originals, and styles in your store... and, then, just see what sells. Then, replace the kind of items that do not sell with the type that do. Some of your questions can only be answered with some experimentation. There are no real answers about how to sell on eBay... we all have to try this and that before finding what works for us.

Nance

I disagree....I think listing a lot in your store is a god thing

AND there is a way to sort...you list your store item in CATEGORIES

wayfarer
01-08-2004, 10:32 PM
I might suggest trying to feature collections/series too with an keywords ad campaign or a featured plus to make the works help other sales as well. With keyword ads, you could link to a store category.

Chris

nanabanana
01-08-2004, 11:27 PM
thanks for all your tips! :) I will go through and discard some of the ones that don't sell .. and sort the remainder into a more organized category :)