PDA

View Full Version : Val's Lime Green frit

AMR GlassWorks
01-07-2004, 11:14 AM
I want to make some beads with some Lime green frit I have but I don't know what colors it looks good on and I don't want to waste it so if ya'll would be so kind as to show some beads ya'll have used with the lime green frit I would be ever so grateful!! (batting eyelashes) Did I just sound like a southern belle or what!! :rolleyes: LOL!

AlexM
01-07-2004, 12:08 PM
Anne,

I've been playing around with it lately. I don't have any pics, but let me tell you, the stuff is BRIGHT! I think it looks a little bit brighter on the bead than in the container. The only color that I really like it on so far is light turquoise, and of course, white. I think it might look good on some of the muted pastels in the alabaster and opalino lines. Still looking the that perfect combination though. :(

Sarica
01-07-2004, 02:43 PM
I have only tried it on white. Alex is right, it is pretty bright!

Sarica
01-07-2004, 03:14 PM
Here is a picture, I think I used Bullseye French Vanilla

dread
01-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Well I think this sounds like a challenge - ya'll with Lime green frit make a bead !

tulips
01-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Lime green and peach frit on vetrofond white. The peach sort of "tones down" the green but I thought it was still neat looking!

glassyeyed
01-07-2004, 05:12 PM
If I had some, I would use it with cobalt blue. I absolutely LOVE those colors together and it would match a TON of stuff in my wardrobe!

blyneth
01-07-2004, 05:17 PM
If I had some, I would use it with cobalt blue. I absolutely LOVE those colors together and it would match a TON of stuff in my wardrobe!

I like this combo too. I have one bead I made when I was on HH . . . it is a bright lime Effetre with a sort of dark lapis blue. It's one of the combos I wanted to get back to one day.

b

saucy
01-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Well I think this sounds like a challenge - ya'll with Lime green frit make a bead !
I agree Dread. I don't like it at all, but maybe a challenge will change my mind. Anyone up for a Lime Green Frit challenge?

Onalee
01-07-2004, 05:31 PM
It turned a real dark olive on ivory for me on the hot head. Onalee

donner
01-07-2004, 05:35 PM
my lime green frit is en route...as soon as it gets here, i'm up for a challenge...

Carriebug
01-07-2004, 06:31 PM
Okay, I now officially hate lime green frit!! AAHHH!! I hadn't tried it until I saw this thread, wasn't really sure what to do with it. I have 8 of the fugliest beads I have made since my first torch session, is there still a fugly thread somewhere?? :D When they come out of the kiln, I will post some pics. But trust me, they are nothing exciting. I hope someone else has something pretty, besides a plain white base (which is all I like so far)...

Carrie :mad:

theonlyduda
01-08-2004, 01:52 AM
Doesn't lime green look good with everything?! :) Here are my attempts. I found that when I made a stringer on a base of clear it toned down the lime quite a bit. The picture with my "fringe" bead in it has the lime just as frit on french vanilla bullseye, and the other pic (assuming I can post them both successfully) has the lime on clear stringer over bullseye mint green I think. Anyway, I can't wait to see what everyone else has done!!

ValorieCox
01-08-2004, 01:57 AM
Ooh those are pretty Dawn! I admit I am not a Lime Green person at all, but I accept this challenge and have Lime Green beads in the kiln right now! I found some pretty combinations by accenting with violet as well as dark forest green. I also tried some on the Bullseye Mint green as Dawn did, which did tone the brightness down a bit. If they look decent, I'll post them tomorrow. Val

Rebecca V.
01-08-2004, 04:08 AM
I'm not a green person, and I didn't expect to like the lime green when I got a small sample of it, but I've discovered I like it combined with things. Here's a pair of stars with lime green and one of the red frits that I did for Christmas:

AMR GlassWorks
01-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Everyone's beads look great!!! Here is what I came up with yesterday. It's a cobalt base with white, lime frit a touch of aqua and clear and viola! Instant Nebula's! LOL! :D

saucy
01-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Wow Anne! Beautiful. One question. Did you make stringer from your pack? I was thinking about using stringer, but haven't tried it yet. After seeing what you did with it I might try it again. I really like those beads! :clap:

glassyeyed
01-08-2004, 11:26 AM
About this challenge..........
Does it have to be Val's frit? Could I make my own? Sorry Val - nothing against your frit, in fact I'd love to try some and am going to put in an order next $ day - but I haven't ordered any and don't see how I could get it before interest wears off here... :crying:

AMR GlassWorks
01-08-2004, 11:27 AM
Starlia, nope no stringer just the frit! :D

blyneth
01-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Everyone's beads look great!!! Here is what I came up with yesterday. It's a cobalt base with white, lime frit a touch of aqua and clear and viola! Instant Nebula's! LOL! :D

Those look GREAT, Anne! Look at all the shades and blends you've got goin' there! Beautiful!

::edit:: And I love the way you made the spirals -- they look like rosebuds. The various shades give them a lot of depth.

b

Kalera
01-09-2004, 03:26 AM
Hey, I can join in this one! These are Val's lime green frit on Bullseye mint green, encased.

donner
01-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Lime green frit on 274 violet, encased...