PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday 1/7 Show and Tell

papiermoonglass
01-07-2004, 10:56 AM
I was shocked to see it is almost 9am here in Austin and no Show and Tell for the day, Holy Cow Batman!

Well here are a couple sets...the first one is from my Cave Exploration series, this one is Set #2, I used Bullseye, fine silver and frit. The second is more layered dot beads, one is fluted (it's my fav in the set)....

Thom

AMR GlassWorks
01-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Very cool Thom!!!! I like both sets! I think the s/t thread for today is the "I just couldn't wait" thread! :D Will you and Amy be going to Corina's reception? Hope to see ya there!!! :D

Zonnestraaltje
01-07-2004, 11:20 AM
Are you kidding, only one person so far???

Thom, I really like that second set. It's so sparkly!

I posted this in the night owl last night, but just thought I would put it here too since it's not crowded yet! he he

This is a white bicone with yellow and transparent green stringer dot scattering, then rold in Val's Aurora Peach frit. It was really just an experiment, but I was happily surprised by it.

ChristyL
01-07-2004, 11:27 AM
Beautiful work everyone, here are a few from yesterday. Have a great day everyone.
Hugs*
ChristyL

Refined with Fire
01-07-2004, 11:41 AM
Hello Everyone--
This might just be my first offical show and tell!
I went into insane withdrawls while this site was down!
I just needed my daily fix!
So glad it is back up!

Thom-I love your first set!
I love the bears!!!

I just learned how to do hearts and these are my first try.
This is my second bicone, it is all in opalinos, but once I fired it the center, which is orange in the pic, turned pinkish! (yuk)

I am trying to build some inventory for my first show, which is uch more difficult than I thought it would be. I ahve almost 300 beads made, but on an 8ft table, they look like 30!

Have a great day!

Teresa Marie

Jewelia
01-07-2004, 11:47 AM
Yep...Ann...I posted in the other thread too..LOL...but wanted to say...

Thom...Nice BEADS.luvin' the color...ooh I bet Austin is warm....it is like 2 below right now...jealous of your warmth and your beads..hehe!!

Rachel!!!.....You sweet girl..how the heck are ya?! Love that firey bead..if I stick it between my toes will it keep them warm... :evil: ...nah..way...too pretty for that!!

Christy....the bears warm my heart...so cuute!
Have a good one!
Julia

Trey Cornette
01-07-2004, 11:59 AM
Good Morning everyone,
I was in a silvered ivory mood and here are the results
Flame On!
TC

Briatha
01-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Thom spectacular sets!

Rachel luscious bicone!

ChristyL gorgeous array of eye candy! I love the teddies :)

Teresa Marie yummy beads!

TC mouth watering sets!

papiermoonglass
01-07-2004, 12:51 PM
Wow I am so glad the thumbnails are GONE :clap:

Great stuff today too...

Rachel that is a great bi-cone the colors are vibrant too.
Christy the bears are too cute
Teresa I like the Hearts, and wow 300 beads ROCK ON!
Trey excellent silvered ivory work, I love the lentils....

Thom

snootyvixen
01-07-2004, 01:01 PM
LOL! This IS late! I looked for a new S&T shortly after midnight last night but didn't see anything, and it took a while for this one to get started! I have nothing to show right now ... well, I do, but I haven't taken pics yet ..

Thom, beautiful beads! The bottom set makes me think that you're more than ready for summer??

Rachel - I saw yours in last nights thread but I was too tired to type! I love the reaction you got, and your shaping is just wonderful!

Christy, those bears are just too cute! And is that frit on pink opalino? Nice!

Theresa Marie - first hearts, you say? Well, you can be very proud - they're wonderful! I wonder if the "orange/pink" in your bicone is carnelian? if so, you did a wonderful job of striking it!

Trey - you've given me lentil envy again. That center set is to die for!

rebeccacharles
01-07-2004, 01:17 PM
Thank you Scott - for killing the thumbnails (changing the colors, and everything else)!

Here are a few new beads AND... my new baby that will be in my hands by the end of the day Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Thank you mom!)

I got a good deal on it from rossglass on eBay - my mom ordered it for me and said they were really nice to work with over the phone and very helpful. I was emailing with them too and they are very quick to respond and very helpful. Thanks ROSSGLASS!!!

I love seeing everyone's bead in full size again, now I am off the my sad little torch (well it's really not that bad) to work and try out my new Simax clear, will let you guys know how that stuff works later on.

Rebecca

*Naos*
01-07-2004, 01:20 PM
FABULOUS beads everyone! I especially love the Cave Exploration beads and Trey, I really enjoy your silvered-ivory beads! GORGEOUS!

Here's a new style for me - bead on the far right of the first photo and the center of the 2nd photo. It's an interesting color combo (not sure about it really) but the effects between the colors makes up for it!!

Am

koregon
01-07-2004, 01:21 PM
I am really likin the new WC...now that the pictures come up instead of thumbnails...it really rocks all the changes...thanks for the beautiful eye candy today...yesterday I didn't get to torch cuz of weather...freezing rain all day...power bumps and out for a bit...but I did have these beads I had done before all that nasty weather...Moretti Glass...end of day stuff~

Virginia L.
01-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Good morning, WOW, I can see everyone's work again, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Boy, I have gotten so addicted to WC and making beads. I have to get strict with myself and not let me make any beads till I do some house cleaning. It is rediculouse. I made these beads yesturday, and they are for someone, but I am thinking they are not good enough. I so wish I could do perfect beads. I think I will try again, I don't want to send these to her and have them end up sitting in a box in the back of her drawer. The second set has my new fish. Boy, I just will have to practice a lot I guess, the face is much cuter though, and it doesn't look like a futuristic rocket like the last one. Ever on I go....I am afraid to set up my new minor - I have had it for dayyyyyyys, cause I read a thread where everyone had such a hard time. I guess I will get brave today - God Bless you all - Virginia L.

ritabead
01-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Hello gang! Nice work. I am finally getting back into the swing of it. Here's a new one. See ya tonight, Rita :D http://www.freshfrozenglass.com/images/dragonbead 007.jpg

Virginia L.
01-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Oh, OH, they posted in the wrong order, well anyway, I know you can tell which one is the fish, It isn't THAT bad, LOL :D

Good morning, WOW, I can see everyone's work again, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Boy, I have gotten so addicted to WC and making beads. I have to get strict with myself and not let me make any beads till I do some house cleaning. It is rediculouse. I made these beads yesturday, and they are for someone, but I am thinking they are not good enough. I so wish I could do perfect beads. I think I will try again, I don't want to send these to her and have them end up sitting in a box in the back of her drawer. The second set has my new fish. Boy, I just will have to practice a lot I guess, the face is much cuter though, and it doesn't look like a futuristic rocket like the last one. Ever on I go....I am afraid to set up my new minor - I have had it for dayyyyyyys, cause I read a thread where everyone had such a hard time. I guess I will get brave today - God Bless you all - Virginia L.

ritabead
01-07-2004, 02:09 PM
Okay, how do I post a picture instead of a link? :confused:

Virginia L.
01-07-2004, 02:14 PM
Okay, how do I post a picture instead of a link? :confused:
LOVE your pulled beads, pulled beads are my absolute favorite. I am having so much fun doing them. I just cannot get them symetrical yet. I will just keep trying. Thanks so much for showing your beads, they are wonderful - God Bless - Virginia :clap: :clap: :clap:

kenchunk
01-07-2004, 02:18 PM
I have really bad back pain. I think I won't be able to be at torch for a while... :crying:

The first one means "love" and the second one is "patience".

Sachiko

watermelonjewel
01-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Gorgeous beads everyone! Especially like the love and patience :) I have 3 pics of the same set i did last night and this morning and someone said there was a way to put up all 3 at once rather then separate thumbnails...anyone willing to help this newbie out? :)

watermelonjewel
01-07-2004, 02:55 PM
ok, ill do all 3 separate... im impatient, lol, if anyone wants to help i ll do it that way next time. thanks ahead of time. :D

dread
01-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Well I have been beading - getting those 30 beads done for the exchange but cant show here yet ! plus some others but moved my picture area and have to reset back up so havnt taken pics as yet

But I did just take a pic of the piece I did at my glass painting class three weeks ago that I finished - just to lazy and busy to get it onto here.

So my first post of the year - my attempt at glass painting a whole picture

beadamaniac!
01-07-2004, 03:24 PM
Great beads, as usual! I especially love the pink and green ones from Thom and Am!
Sachiko- I sure hope your back improves soon!
Here's a set that was progressing nicely until my hothead went up in flames! I'm seriously thinking of upgrading- finally- and am taking a lampwork class in the morning where I'll be working on a minor for the first time! Sure am excited!! :clap: :clap:

Well, I see this new format has made it more difficult to upload images, too. I never had a "size problem" before.... man, I hate change!

Moth
01-07-2004, 03:54 PM
I haven't been able to torch since before Christmas, so even though these are rather insignificant, I HAVE to show them. LOL They are my entry into the weekly challenge for the smallest beads we could make. Black bases with edp dots.

saucy
01-07-2004, 04:58 PM
Wow, look at all the beautiful beads!

Here are is a new set and then some florals I tried. I really like using the copper red for the roses. It really gives me deep, rich red with some variations that I'm loving.

mardi
01-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Well- I'm in agreement with (Thom???) I didn't like the thumbnails either, but things do seem slower to load.

Ah well, I suppose everyone will get used to it...

I'll try to remember the highlights cuz I can't see any pics...

Moth- those teeny tiny beads are very cute!
And I loved the little bear beads andof course all he lovely organic work...

Let me give the new format a try...and see if I can pick a small enough file...

Mardi

MaureenKennedy
01-08-2004, 12:41 AM
Dread- that is a fabulous picture you painted. I remember reading books on how difficult it is to do the stippling and working in monochromatic coloring.

kwstudios
01-08-2004, 01:23 AM
Here are a few new beads AND... my new baby that will be in my hands by the end of the day Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Thank you mom!)

Hey Rebecca,

What is that monster? Is it a major minor? How big can you go with that? Wowee!

Karen

PS are all of those pretty beads boro?