PDA

View Full Version : painting in progress

Ruth
08-03-2001, 08:19 PM
This is acrylic on canvas, 24 x 36", work in progress. Suggestions and alterations welcome.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Aug-2001/Castle_Garden.jpg

VictoriaS
08-06-2001, 07:28 PM
This is really lovely, Ruth. It is an interesting POV, and I sort of have the feeling I'm lurking in the bushes and spying -- but don't change it!

Victoria

LDianeJohnson
08-07-2001, 10:28 PM
Ruth,

I have been thinking about this piece for a couple of days. Thoughts...

First, this is an intriguing painting. Very different and interesting. Technically, nice too with just small observations.

The little girl's hat; is nicely lighted, but check the perspective. It seems to be a bit too lifted up in front. The foreground flowers and foliage -- lovely. Just make the "holes" that reveal areas of the lawn that the young girl is standing on a tiny bit more apparent so the mass is not so solid.

Diane

Einion
08-08-2001, 01:08 AM
Hi Ruth, I like the POV too, nice and 'intimate' for an oudoor scene. I agree with Diane, making the negative spaces in the foreground element more apparent might look good.

One suggestion I have, if the specific colour used in the sky is not vital to the mood of the painting IYO you might try a lighter, more cerulean, hue. I think this would harmonize well with the other colours in the painting.

Einion

Ruth
08-09-2001, 12:08 PM
Thank you for your comments!

Victoria, that's how it is. It started out to be a fairy garden project painting, so you've got the fairy's point of view, hiding among the flowers peeking out.

Einion, thanks for looking and commenting. I'll try that different blue. BTW, I love your tinyhead. Is that a pic of you?

Diane, I'm honored that you were taking the time to think about this. Thank you for your help! :D I'll play with it some more and post revisions.

Ruth