PDA

View Full Version : The hoggiest of the thread hoggin!!

GinnyHampton
01-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Well, I haven't posted in the showcase in awhile, so I figured I'd hog up some showcase space with everything I've been working on. I took an entire week off of work over the holidays and have taken an Ebay break, so I'd like to share my stockpile. The 2nd pic WAS an ink blue hollow bead that went bad, so I squished it and tried to make it a heart, then it popped, so now it's a hollow heart with a hole. Good thing I used a half a rod for that sucker!
The 6th picture is my first two 'off the top of the mandrel' beads, I wanted to give those a try because I'd love to make a wine stopper for my dad. Not in those colors though ;) . The 7th pic is a necklace that I just LOVE - one of my twisted love hearts, bali silver, little purple shells and orange seed beads. The 9th picture is an almost-fugly, I can't make up my mind about it so I etched it. I'm still not sure.
And as a special added bonus my last picture is my fuglies!!!!

Comments/suggestions/questions are welcome . . . this is kind of weird that you can't write about your picture right before your picture to explain the "how/what" anymore.

GinnyHampton
01-06-2004, 09:00 PM
pix 6 - 10 - - -

GinnyHampton
01-06-2004, 09:05 PM
pix 11 - 15

Shadesongs
01-06-2004, 09:14 PM
Ginny,
THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL, Darling!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

double S
01-06-2004, 10:19 PM
All I can say is WOW!

Theneed2bead
01-06-2004, 10:22 PM
Love Your work, Great colors, Thanks :clap:

wmo
01-06-2004, 10:25 PM
spectacular!!!!

All of them are wonderful but the purple/blue heart is my favorite!

Sarica
01-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Awesome beads!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ChrisF2
01-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Ginny, you're STILL my hero! I love what you did with the twisting on the hearts! Awesome lady & Happy new Year To ya!

Hugs,
Chris

BeadGlam
01-07-2004, 12:06 AM
Wow.....hog away!!! Very beautiful beads Ginny!! These are my favorites that I made this week:) Have a great night! Heather

craftylady
01-07-2004, 01:45 AM
Ginny those beads are looking good. I cant pick just one I like them all.

3SistersBeads
01-07-2004, 01:53 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Holy cow! I love them all! Since I STILL totally suck at making a heart, your beads are giving me the inspiration to give it another try.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Leslie

fikefire
01-07-2004, 02:12 AM
KID!!! No way is that etched heart an "almost fugly!" It's beautiful. They all are to tell the truth! Great work :D Ginny and Heather!

saucy
01-07-2004, 03:07 AM
Keep on hogging! Lovely beads.

Ellen Altamore
01-07-2004, 09:12 AM
Great beads - school was cancelled today so I'm off to make some beads!

GinnyHampton
01-07-2004, 06:36 PM
KID!!! No way is that etched heart an "almost fugly!" It's beautiful.

Well, thanks . . it just didn't turn out the way I had planned. Then I was pi$$ed when I realized I forgot to add the little indentions between the humps!

And Heather - I love your beauties too! Especially the focal in the beige set! Thanks for sharing :)

newyorkglitter
01-07-2004, 11:33 PM
undefinedpix 6 - 10 - - -Ginny, Your beads are AWESOM!!! I love them all but love photo # 7, that heart is sooo pretty~! I am new to making beads and not good at all at heart! :( I am going to try harder to make them, I am so envious of everyone who can make them! But I guess it will come in time with TONS of practice. I will have to go check out your ebay.

Allison

New York Glitter Designs

DonnaBee
01-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Ginny, I am just dazzled! You know that glass. Yup. :) Very nice pieces!!!

fikefire
01-08-2004, 02:18 AM
Well, thanks . . it just didn't turn out the way I had planned. Then I was pi$$ed when I realized I forgot to add the little indentions between the humps!

Tee hee - you mean you forgot to make the PEACHES (my DD's word for butt....and what she always calls MY heart beads :rolleyes: )!
Sorry, I couldn't resist... Really, tho, it's not *missing* per se...doesn't need to be there.
And ya know, the cobalt half-rodder with the hole is really cool, I think :p

bluelizzy
01-08-2004, 10:10 AM
Ginny, your beads are terrific. I love it when people are thread hogs. :D
Funny about the heart with the hole in it, I made one of those months ago, mistake of course, but my daughter snapped it up, she loves it. :p

toozygoot
01-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Ginny! You can hog a thread any day! I love the colors you put together! Gorgeous!

Heather - beautiful beads!

pat

Lenda
01-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Beautiful beads Ginny. You've got the hearts down pat.
May I suggest something to you? It looks like you might be having a little bit of problem with the pointy end. You might want to try to shape that part like shaping a bicone end before working one the fat cheeks of the heart. I think if you add just a tad more glass at the bottom, it wouldn't be so prone to chipping when you cleaned it, make it just a bit thicker. I hope you don't mind my suggestion, but your hearts are beautiful other than that.

GinnyHampton
01-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Beautiful beads Ginny. You've got the hearts down pat.
May I suggest something to you? It looks like you might be having a little bit of problem with the pointy end. You might want to try to shape that part like shaping a bicone end before working one the fat cheeks of the heart. I think if you add just a tad more glass at the bottom, it wouldn't be so prone to chipping when you cleaned it, make it just a bit thicker. I hope you don't mind my suggestion, but your hearts are beautiful other than that.

Don't mind at all - - you're right!! I've actually made hearts that I loved only to have the bottom point break off because it was too thin! Typically what I do as a last step is file down the end until it's smooth and straight (obviously hasn't been done to these yet) . .. but I know I'm just band-aiding the fact that I don't get the end right during creation.

What do you mean by 'shaping a bicone end'? I'm thinking I need to add another ring to the base, heat it up, then let gravity pull it down (??)

Lenda
01-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Don't mind at all -

What do you mean by 'shaping a bicone end'? I'm thinking I need to add another ring to the base, heat it up, then let gravity pull it down (??)

Whew~I thought I'd make you not happy by saying that!~:D I really just thought it might help everyone by saying it too.

What I mean, is to add a little ring of glass, then heat in well but not enough to distort it (making it fatter on one side than the other) then just run it on the marver (like shaping the end of a bicone bead) rather than using gravity. Gravity will also work but you have to be careful not to let it get too thin again. I find on some things marvering works better. Do it before you work on the rest of the bead, easier before you flatten it.