PDA

View Full Version : I was Happy Till Now

TeAnne
01-06-2004, 08:45 AM
:crying: :( :mad:
I have 5 bids on this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20158&item=3650382211
Time left is 20+ and it's never going to reach it's reserve. I'll have to re-list it. *sigh*

madmum
01-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Can you add the reserve price to the description? I think 20 hours is plenty of time if people have an idea what they're aiming for. So often I get no bids until the last 30 minutes!

Ruth

TeAnne
01-06-2004, 08:55 AM
I have the reserve price right down the bottom, so if people bother to read the whole page they will see it. :D Plus, I don't like showing the reserve. Weird huh?

TeAnne
01-06-2004, 08:59 AM
lol I just got another bid with a persons proxy :D

madmum
01-06-2004, 09:03 AM
OMG Te! I had to re-read the whole page 3 times to find the reserve! The text is much too small (my eyes are tired from all that reading). Do you think you set the reserve too high in comparison to the starting bid?

Ruth

TeAnne
01-06-2004, 09:14 AM
I don't know, I've never done a reserve before. This is painted on top quality canvas, I stretched myself, many hours and many glazes on this painting and I can't afford to sell for less.
OMG!
I just had an email from one of the bidders. She wants to come and view all my works!!!!!!!!! WOW

surreal
01-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Hi Te,
You still have 13 hours left.

IMHO, your gallery pic does not capture the beautiful composition of the entire painting.

If you have the time, I would change the gallery pic so that it is just a smaller size of the actual painting and not part of the painting.

Best of luck to you, Te!

:clap:

ElizaLeahy
01-06-2004, 04:55 PM
:crying: :( :mad:
I have 5 bids on this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20158&item=3650382211
Time left is 20+ and it's never going to reach it's reserve. I'll have to re-list it. *sigh*

Te, I'm going to be brutally honest and hope it doesn't upset you.

You won't get $200 for it on ebay because...

1. You list on the AU site not the US site

2. It's not a FP

3. It's not the size that would go up to $200 unless you had a really strong following.

That isn't to say this painting is not worth $200 at another venue. Just not eBay. I'd not list it again unless you were willing to sell it for less, instead I'd take it to a gallery or framing shop (I have one that sells paintings, and they do much brisker trade then galleries and aren't as "snobby") or similar. You are more likely to get what it is worth there.

TeAnne
01-06-2004, 05:14 PM
Hi Nina, thanks but I can't change the gallery pic.

Thanks Eliza but it is listed on the US site. Thanks for the other tip :)

meriadoc
01-06-2004, 05:44 PM
Te :

I like the painting - but the link is showing up as ebay.com.au, which maybe generating some confusion...

course, if shipping and the fact that I really have no place to put it - i'd gladly pay that much for it :) I know that doesn't help.. but think positive!!

-- Lisa

TeAnne
01-06-2004, 05:52 PM
Yes, it will come up as ebay.com.au because that is how the shops function. They default to ones own country. :D
Thanks Lisa :)

Here is the US addy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3650382211

arteitaliana
01-06-2004, 08:52 PM
beautiful painting Te, but:

1) paintings of roses are not trendy...don't sell well on ebay (an off ebay).
2) The listing it would have needed to be FP to have the best chance at selling at the price you have set the reserve at
3)The fact that you have stretched the canvas yorself should not impact on the price of the painting
4)People do not like to know that you paint from photographs....most of us do but we do not advertise it. People are funny sometimes...
5) Your reserve, if you must have one, should be disclosed in a clear visible way. A lot of people will not bid on items with a hidden reserve ( your is hidden for all intents and purposes). Also some people will not bid on reserve items.
6) Your listing page is well designed but you give a lot of infos some of which are not necessary. The page takes long time to load, Some people will not wait that long.

Please take the above as constructive criticism.

R

TeAnne
01-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Thank you Rita, I do appreciate your advice.
What reserve would you recommend?
I will revise what you mentioned when I relist it. :( :)

arteitaliana
01-06-2004, 09:36 PM
Thi is the kind of painting I would list in the ebay store.
In any case if you want to relist you should FP it with a $39 minimum bid and a (visible) reserve not higher than $99.
A low reserve does not mean that the painting will sell for just that much...it could attract more than one interested buyer and evolve in a bidding war. That's in the end is the best scenario on ebay.
We have to play around with minimums, reserves and high visibility to achieve that purpose. Of course subject matter and desirability of the item all are important considerations. As I have said previously roses are not popular,
that's why I suggested that you list this painting in your store. Rose lovers are not many (so a bidding war is not a realistic expectation) but exist , and since yours is a good example of the subject it could do very well priced at $200 or even more in your ebay store.

R

TeAnne
01-06-2004, 09:50 PM
it could do very well priced at $200 or even more in your ebay store.

R
That's what I might do then Rita, thanks :) I've got 7 + hours to take on board your advice.
When the others havn't sold I stick them in the shop. *sigh*. What to do, what to do. I wish I had more money to play with, with FPs and what not. :(

TeAnne
01-07-2004, 05:59 AM
Oh well. It reached $36US$. lol
In the Shop now.

imaginethat
01-07-2004, 08:15 AM
Another suggestion - show a picture of the painting from the side so people can see the edges....I think seeing a painting in this dimensional view makes it more appealing- especially so with stretched canvas! :)

TeAnne
01-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the tip. How does one take these kind of pics? I don't for the life of me know how. :(

imaginethat
01-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the tip. How does one take these kind of pics? I don't for the life of me know how. :(

You can hang the painting on the wall or lay it on the floor and just take the picture from the side so you see the edge and the front. I have all my paintings done this way on ebay if you want to take a look....link in siggy. :)

TeAnne
01-07-2004, 05:09 PM
Thanks Susan. I'll have to do it on the floor. Hubby hasn't put any screws in the wall for hanging paintings here yet.

I love all your flowers :D

You can hang the painting on the wall or lay it on the floor and just take the picture from the side so you see the edge and the front. I have all my paintings done this way on ebay if you want to take a look....link in siggy. :)