PDA

View Full Version : Looks like a NPB for me

Lady Rando
01-06-2004, 12:11 AM
Well, it was bound to happen. Looks like I have a deadbeat bidder on my hands. My auction ended on the 24th, the bidder emailed me 4 days after and said she would pay on the 1st because she was moving. The first came and went. I sent her a second invoice. I wrote and asked if she had her new address. No response to either. Yesterday I sent her the ebay warning. Still nothing. I guess she has 10 days before I can file the NPB although I would like to file it sooner.

I decided to put her on my block list. I don't want her bidding again and pulling the same stunt. Can I put her ebay name here to give you all the heads up on her or will that get me into trouble?

madmum
01-06-2004, 02:59 AM
Tamara, I think it's more likely that she's had problems with the move, rather than the alternative of her being a bad ebayer. Moving computers especially is a dodgy process, and then getting the internet hooked up at the new address, it could have taken her longer than she expected. Give her a little longer, I think. :)

Ruth

ale.l
01-06-2004, 08:02 AM
I think you are rushing too. If she was moving then I don't think your painting is her first priority :) Giver her some time to sort herself out and then approach again. Maybe she never received any of your emails, as Ruth was saying, she needs time to reconnect etc.

Imagine my first sale when I never ever ever ever heard from the winner :))
Even now after the credit was returned and I gave her a negative (the only FB is her neg from me) she never ever wrote. I guess someone was just playing.

Yours at least responded. Tell us if she comes back. I'd be happy for you if she did :)

debmorbeto
01-06-2004, 08:59 AM
This is OT a bit but once, some joker never paid me for a $2,000 piece of electronics that I posted on Ebay for my DH. We were counting on and needed the $ at the time. I wrote him a nasty e-mail and left him horrible feedback. I hope you hear from your bidder....I agree that it may just be circumstantial. Good luck!

Deb

Lady Rando
01-06-2004, 09:42 AM
Thanks everyone for your input. I guess I'll be a patient little artist and give her the full 10 days. I do say in my auctions that items must be paid for in 7 days. I feel that if she knew she was going to move she should have emailed me before she bid. She also could have paid me and then emailed me her address instead of leaving me hanging ....... but, I'll be nice, at least until the 10 days pass. :rolleyes: :mad: :evil:

CathyD
01-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Thanks everyone for your input. I guess I'll be a patient little artist and give her the full 10 days. I do say in my auctions that items must be paid for in 7 days. I feel that if she knew she was going to move she should have emailed me before she bid. She also could have paid me and then emailed me her address instead of leaving me hanging ....... but, I'll be nice, at least until the 10 days pass. :rolleyes: :mad: :evil:

I recently had a lady that won an auction in mid-november. She responded to my emails just enough for me to know she was interested, but I didn't get the payment until the week of Christmas.
I only do NPB if they don't respond at all. I have had a few slow payers but at least the transaction was completed and I didn't have to re-list. I don't mind waiting, most of my customers have completed their transactions pretty quickly, so the slow ones are few and far between.
Cathy

surreal
01-07-2004, 11:14 PM
If I don't receive payment 10 days after the auction ends, I file an NPB.

I always send at least 2 email reminders before filing the NPB.

Very recently I filed an NPB and the bidder payed me for the drawing the following day. He loved the drawing and left very pos. feedback.

I am very strict about being paid within 10 days.
:)

Lady Rando
01-13-2004, 06:31 PM
Well, she never paid, never answered my emails and tomorrow is the end of the 10 day grace period. I will file to get my fees back and she has earned a neg. from me and will be blocked from my future auctions. I feel I have been more than patient with this dead beat bidder but no more.

Wayne Gaudon
01-13-2004, 08:33 PM
For future reference, you only have to wait more than 7 days .. ie on the 8th day you can file .. unless of course you say aucion to be paid in 10 days then you should honor the 10 .. I just had one as well .. no contact and high bid on 2 auctions .. wish they would just not bid instead of hide or at least come clean and say they changed their mind. Truth is always good.

surreal
01-14-2004, 01:03 AM
Well, she never paid, never answered my emails and tomorrow is the end of the 10 day grace period. I will file to get my fees back and she has earned a neg. from me and will be blocked from my future auctions. I feel I have been more than patient with this dead beat bidder but no more.

My suggestion is to file the npb report.
Perhaps she will pay soon after she receives this notice! Sometimes the notice from ebay is just what the bidder needs to begin to complete the transaction.
;)

I would block her from bidding again and would not leave her negative feedback.
Why risk her leaving retaliatory negative feedback for you?

Just my 2 cents.
:)

ale.l
01-14-2004, 05:31 AM
surreal, what retaliatory can she say? She didn't pay and nothing she says can wash her off :)

I think bidders are mature enough to realize what a negative is about. If a negative is given for an NPB than of course the NPB can say what they want but that doesn't exonerate them before other prospective bidders. I'ts nice to have immaculate positive FB but s....t happens and I don't like the idea of being intimidated by these ebay 'monsters' into leaving them positive if they don't deserve it or refraining from negative when they do deserve it. It makes me so angry.

If you remember my case with the two ladies.. it was here on the forum. I ended up giving positive FB to one of them who never bothered to respond in the same measure. I am sorry I left it for her! I though if I'm nice and leave a positive (even though she didn't really deserve it) she will eventually leave one for me. To this day I don't know if she got the painting, if she likes it, or if she'll ever respond with FB. Sometimes, I'd so gladly dispense negatives around :))))))))))))))

And they probably know the'd get a negative for their conduct.. and they probably don't worry about it..