PDA

View Full Version : My First Beads!!! Urgh!

Shadesongs
01-06-2004, 12:58 AM
Okay, I know the magic word is PRACTICE :rolleyes: , but I had to show these. :clap: They are my first beads. I got a torch (wrong kind :mad: -loving husband) took it back, got my HOT HEAD and it finally came today :clap: . I only have little bottles of Mapp gas but these were my first.
Okay, Praise all you guys out there. I didn't know how much work it was until I tried it. One of the blue and white was playing with a stringer. Ann you got TALENT with a capitol T
Thank you to everyone who post the tutorials, and ALL the safety info. My husband was like " you have looked over everything twice already, light the darn thing!" :evil:
MikeA & Dale for all the safety info. I don't want to leave anyone out. SO a BIG THANK YOU for all the info posted here.
I don't think my laundry will be getting done tomorrow, I got something else to do!!! :evil: Practice. :clap: :clap:

dread
01-06-2004, 01:06 AM
Go for it !
Another happy addicted lampworker ! :clap: :clap:

kenchunk
01-06-2004, 01:15 AM
Your first beads are MUCH better than mine!!
I could not make it round!

Sachiko

toozygoot
01-06-2004, 01:43 AM
Yay! You're on your way! Very nice firsties!

pat

Zonnestraaltje
01-06-2004, 01:54 AM
Yay!!! Can't wait to see what they look like in a month!! Happy torching! :D

Virginia L.
01-06-2004, 03:42 AM
You are dong really Well, Those are GREAT beads, take a look at this mess - they are my first ones - Congrats, and as someone already said, wait for a month, I will post my first weeks beads, and then the last set I made, one and a half months into it as of now. You will be so pleased at what you can do. Like you said, practice, practice, practice, and all these wonderful sharing people, you will be verrrrry happy!! God Bless - Virginia L.
Yay!!! Can't wait to see what they look like in a month!! Happy torching! :D

saucy
01-06-2004, 09:15 AM
Yeah! You are on your way to the addiction. I too love the tutorials and all the safety information posted on here. I forget to say thank you all too often.

Shadesongs
01-06-2004, 10:45 AM
WOW That purple focal is SO COOL! Thank you for showing the befores and afters! I have hope again. The one off the mandrel was one that I put into the blanket too soon. I was so nervous, especially with my DH standing beside me asking "You have done this before.....right" ump yes, at a demo, once, with the teacher right there with me......
IT was fun and I can't wait to light up again. Now I am saving for the kiln.
Got to list more on ebay....clothes not beads!
Have a wonderful day!

PattyK
01-06-2004, 12:30 PM
I think they look great for first beads! Lol and I know what you mean about having your husband standing behind you - mine drove me nuts my first few sessions. :p

Patty

beaderpaine
01-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Great First Beads! I have a necklace of my first beads, and I wear it proudly! It reminds me of humble beginnings (not that I've gotten THAT good), and it also reminds me to be grateful for all the help, information and sharing that goes on on this wonderful WC! forum!

Betsy
[email protected]

latitude40
01-06-2004, 02:39 PM
WooHoo!!!! Awesome first beadie babies. And do I see an encased bead there?!?!
Hmmm...I remember that first bead you & DD tried at the open house....it all seemed so innocent then...that's how the addiction starts. Now you're casting aside housework in favor of torch time, LOL! You go, girl!

Karen

Alan Cross
01-06-2004, 03:37 PM
Yea good for you....I just posted my first beads a few weeks ago....now I am fighting with the new minor I got for xmas....good luck!
Alan :)

Shadesongs
01-06-2004, 04:32 PM
I know they aren't up to par but they are all mine, so this is the bracelet that I made with them. Doesn't match, but hey, neither do I! The little star charm reads "IMAGINE" on it.
Yes, I tried to encase a green one, and also the blue round one, is encased. Then I tried to put white flowers on the outside, that wasn't working well, so I tried to rake it, got stuck, and then just added some white. The marver was my friend last night!
I got Cindy's book today, You can make Glass Beads, and have been reading it. But my oldest has a Basketball game in an hour, so I have to wait to play with my torch.
Thank you to everyone for the wonderful words!
Jerry

JayneM
01-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Those are good for your first beads. You should see mine. I think they are buried away in some bad bead treasure box. :angel:

Lori-O
01-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Hi Jerry!

Ooooh! I really love your beads! :clap: I like the twisted one - very cool! And also your bracelet!! Both wire working and lampworking are new to me, too. What can I say? I needed a life! :p

Here's what I did last month with my first beads. Can you believe I actually wear this thing around my neck?? :p

Have fun! Keep postin and I'll see you around.

Shadesongs
01-08-2004, 12:52 AM
Hi Jerry!

Ooooh! I really love your beads! :clap: I like the twisted one - very cool! And also your bracelet!! Both wire working and lampworking are new to me, too. What can I say? I needed a life! :p

Here's what I did last month with my first beads. Can you believe I actually wear this thing around my neck?? :p

Have fun! Keep postin and I'll see you around.
Lori, I like that, but I think I would wear it out playing with it. I love holding the beads and touching them ( any way I phrase that, it doesn't sound right :evil: ) !
I wore my bracelet to work tonight and kept playing with it and showing it off! To someone who hasn't seen the beauty here, they were amazed! !!

bluelizzy
01-08-2004, 02:08 AM
You're certainly off to a great start. Wear that bracelet with pride and laundry? What's that?

rainbowg
01-08-2004, 02:21 AM
well I guess i had better use my first post to show my very first beads from yesterday. please be kind. and a pic of my new studio that hubby helped me with.

Beth

Virginia L.
01-08-2004, 01:15 PM
WOW, hubby did great, what a wonderful studio, I now have studio envy!!! You are making great beads, you are going to have so much fun, and make wonderful masterpieces, just keep practicing, practicing, practicing, the laundry can pile up, maybe hubby can do it!!! :D I have Cindy Jenkins, Making Glass Beads, you would LOVE it. I have learned more things from that, and from here than I did in class, it was just four hours. I hear she has a new one out. TOURCH-ON - God Bless - Virginia L.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

www.beyond-the-realm.com