PDA

View Full Version : selling these beads - opinions, please??

StefaniBeads
01-04-2004, 10:34 AM
Here's are some of what I've been doing, mostly working with these colors. This assortment ranges in sizes 5x8mm to 11x17mm for the focals. Almost every one is a different style or size. I had been hoarding them for about a month wondering if I could create sets based on each of the focals, (heck, most of these beads ARE focals!) but I realize that would be LOT of work! My HH is nice but really, too slow. Since I've sprained my wrist, I don't have much tolerance for putting in long hours on the torch.

So, I'm wondering......

Could I sell these on eBay as they are, an "assortment" of 32 beads?? There is not a wonky one in the bunch, but in a way they are orphans, and then they are not. The reason I don't see most of them as "orphans" is because most are focal size. I thought about listing those individually, but that would rack up a lot of listing and picture fees! I don't really have anything against doing that, and will list focals individually later on.

These are some of my best work, and I really don't want to let them go "cheaply", plus, like I've said before, what all of us do here is creative art, and that shouldn't be cheap, right? ;)

Well, of course I'm afraid to start them off at .99!! I'm thinking around $75.00 starting bid with a BIN of $90.00. Oh, I don't know, lower? Higher? What do you think? Any insight on this would be helpful to me, thanks in advance! :confused:

These aren't the pics I plan to use, they are not too good - I can take better ones!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jan-2004/16856-DSCN1083.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jan-2004/16856-DSCN1084.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jan-2004/16856-DSCN1085.JPG

Helen Simon
01-04-2004, 11:09 AM
They're beautiful! I'd break them into 2...cause I think you'd get more. Love, Helen

!ngridh
01-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Of Course you can sell them! I think your major concern is how to group them for maximum return...smaller groups of 5-7 might do best.

AlexM
01-04-2004, 11:20 AM
They're beautiful! I'm in agreement with Ingrid and Helen, I'd break them up into at least 2 sets.

GinnyHampton
01-04-2004, 11:35 AM
If those were mine, I'd break the group into 3 sets. It seems like you can separate those beads into a group of maybe 11 that has the black base (one large, 10 smaller), if you have any black crystals at home, stick one in between each bead when you take your picture. Then I'd look at the rest of the beads and separate them into two groups: turquoise/blue hues, and green hue. Again, if you have a crystal or stone stash, bring out either the blue or green with some little accent stone in between. I'd start each set at $29.99.

StefaniBeads
01-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Thanks so much everyone! I knew I could count on you for the best advice! :)

I agree with all of you. Now I can see how I can do that, because most all of them fit nicely into small "collections". I have a huge assortment of accent beads too, great idea, thanks Ginny! I'll just have to make sure that it states in the description that these are focal size, and I do give the measurements in mm's. And my sweet DD is my "hand model".

A lot of people don't like using the "hand" for measurements, but I think it is quite effective in helping the buyer figure out just how big or small your beads are. I like this better than using coins, but I think the designers like the mm's, so I use that too. I got the "hand" idea a long time ago from looking at Valorie's auctions. Thanks Val! ;)

Zonnestraaltje
01-06-2004, 02:02 AM
I was just wondering, what exactly is considered "focal size"?

Good luck with the auctions! I am sure they will do great. The colors are wonderful, and they really do seem to go together in little groups. Thanks for showing them off! :D