PDA

View Full Version : opertunity and questions.

Mkent41616
01-03-2004, 03:45 PM
I have recently recieved the opertunity to put forth my resume for a new class to teach at an arts center. teachign a watercolor class in the summer however, i'm not sure if there is anythign different i shoudl do with my resume as far as this is concerned. shoudl i show any awards i ahve won or just my teaching expereince or all of my job experience with refrences. any help woudl be greatly appreciated.

Alan Cross
01-08-2004, 02:35 AM
I teach in several places like that and all it took was showing them my work...they got me to do a class and that was 6 years ago and I am just going all the time now....I have never needed to show a resume....if you have to put any info in that will help sell your self as a teacher...
Alan :)

pampe
02-12-2004, 06:12 PM
I think that to do it professionally. I would do a resume of art postions and attach photos of my applicable art.

Good luck!

Pam

baquitania
02-14-2004, 02:24 AM
Don't forget to do a mission statement. Maybe 4-6 paragraphs on what you hope to teach the students, some of the methods you will be using, and what you hope they will achieve in the end. You gotta talk the talk, which is something your work history cannot do alone. Absolutely show them a few photos or even colored xeroxes of your work, after all you are applying for an ART position, not as the janitor... Sell yourself as much as possible. If you are not a writer, ask a friend to help you out... good luck!

Bobby