PDA

View Full Version : New Years Resolutions for Ebay Sales

surreal
01-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Hi,
For my New Year's Resolution:
I will try to spend more time on marketing my work more successfully!

Does anyone else have special plans for selling on ebay for 2004?

imaginethat
01-02-2004, 08:33 PM
I hope to do more "grown-up" art instead of just kids art...mostly folk art landscapes, folk art/abstract florals, and an occasional experiment such as below...I painted this for my husband who has climbed Mt. Rainier three times so far (we grew up in the Seattle area). Hopefully I'll eventually come into my own style and subject matter that will do well....that's my goal!

wayfarer
01-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Still on my free $$ with the eBay keyword ads, but I have put it in my budget for 2004 to always try to have something running. I'm also going to try and use this more effectively with specific painting series. I did sign up for Sellathon, so I'll try and study that more. Also, keeping more of an eye on the general market.

The holiday season and s-l-o-w sales took me by surprise this year. I'll at least plan on something similiar for the 2004 holiday season.

Other than losing weight and trying to exercise more, that's just about it for me. ;)

Chris

ElizaLeahy
01-02-2004, 09:20 PM
You could almost say that last year I found out what doesn't work for me. So this year I'll avoid doing that!

I want to get more work into my store (which is empty at the moment) but time is getting the better of me.

I'd like to improve as an artist as well.

surreal
01-03-2004, 10:28 AM
I would like to improve my artistic skills too, and challenge myself more, artistically speaking.

:)

*I also resolve to try not to start some of my auction listings at pitifully low prices.

lol

*2 days ago I sold a small drawing for 75 cents!
lol

sandge
01-03-2004, 12:03 PM
To get back to putting work on ebay again! :rolleyes: :D

Rese
01-03-2004, 01:14 PM
I'm like Susan . . . I'm working to develop my style and subject matter. I really wanted a cohesive look before starting to list on ebay. I think the bottom line for me is to get brave and just list something!

I'm also planning to work on composition and color theory.

idahogirl
01-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Nina,

Great topic. My plan for 2004 is.

1. Have at least one FP listing at all times.

2. I work in basically three genre, still life, abstract and California landscape. Plan to alternate listings and, perhaps, settle on one.

3. Keep better track of sales to determine how much is coming from art and how much is coming from selling books, videos and materials.

4. Sell off video collection to support FP listings (in the event that the paintings NEVER sell :D )

5. Improve quality of photos and make Ebay listings more professional.

6. Reduce the number of art books in my collection and sell the rest.

7. Sell art materials that I won't be using.

8. Most importantly, improve the quality of my work

Dee

pampe
01-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Well, I spent yesterday doing my wrap up:

Painted 155 (102 ended up on EBAY)
Sold 87

Average sell price was WAY too low based on costs

SO:

Paint as much as possible
List the best for more $$
List fewer at a time (always 1 FP like this year though)

Hope to sell a higher percentage at better prices

matmad
01-03-2004, 06:00 PM
1. List every other day, not every day (it was killing me!)

2. Enjoy my weekly life drawing session for what it is, and not pressurise myself into producing a piece for ebay.

3. Master watercolour and acrylic nudes for ebay.

4. Maintain a constant ebay presence.

5. Continue to enjoy WC.

Julie

debmorbeto
01-03-2004, 08:30 PM
I am trying out a lot of the tips I have learned here and from watching Ebay already. I hope to continue to do this in 2004. I'd like to feel that, at the least, I make back what I spend on the materials. We'll see!

Oh yes and .......paint and have fun too!

Rieko
01-06-2004, 01:21 AM
For this year on ebay, I want to:

1. List at least 2 times a week

2. Paint more and have my store

3. Actively learn marketing on ebay

And personally, I'm moving to a different country due to my husband's work, to Mauritius in March. So, I want to get adjusted in my new environment quickly... Where is Mauritius? A small tropical island on the Indian Ocean by South Africa and Madagascar and I'm stressed out about the move already...

ElizaLeahy
01-06-2004, 02:22 AM
The move sounds very exciting! Do you know anything about it? Like, the language, where you are going to buy important things like paint etc?

Rieko
01-06-2004, 05:17 AM
The move sounds very exciting! Do you know anything about it? Like, the language, where you are going to buy important things like paint etc?

Eliza, I have no idea of where I can buy art supplies, though I tried to look up the Yelllow Pages in Mauritius on the Internet. However, there are several art galleries and artists who are listed, so there must be art supply store(s) over there.

The country belongs to the Common Wealth, so its official language is English (In fact, they drive on the left side like in England), but French are widely spoken; rather, Creole.

I've never been there, but it looks heavenly beautiful from the photos. We have a housing provided (don't know what it looks like though...), so at least we don't need to worry about a house hunting :)

surreal
01-06-2004, 12:30 PM
Everyone's New Years resolutions for 2004 sound extemely impressive!!!
I wish everyone luck in the fulfillment of their goals!!!

:cat:

CathyD
01-06-2004, 01:31 PM
My goals are to upgrade my art work from 'stuff I do for ebay' and offer better work, like what I do for shows. Although I have maintained a regular ebay presence (except this past three weeks I took off for the first time since I started), I am going to set goals of how much I want to make. In the past I have treated my ebay sales as 'extra cash income' and would really like to make it more of a real business. In other words, I want to do this full time eventually!

I think it is alot harder to sell on ebay than when I first started, a lot more competition, so I want to find my niche.

I also want to balance my life better... I don't know about you guys, but I have tend to let my house go in order to paint for ebay. After working the day job, attending to the needs of my kids, and other responsibilities, painting til midnight... I always left the majority of housework til Saturday cleaning, and that's just not enough! So there's got to be a better way, and I decided it all depends on my priorities. I am running all the time, but I need to run in a more organized manner to get it all done (where's the smilie icons?)
Cathy

rebar
01-07-2004, 10:39 PM
My resolution was to start selling on E-bay. WHich I did-- setting up my account and listed a print TONIGHT.

Yeah!

I have 16 prints and was wondering what the best way to sell/ rotate them is.
I will have to figure out how to set up a store at some point.

Thanks for all the advice on this board.

Lisa

SunshineyChelle
01-07-2004, 10:45 PM
My resolution was to start selling on E-bay. WHich I did-- setting up my account and listed a print TONIGHT.

Yeah!

Lisa

Welcome to WC and to selling on Ebay! I'm a newbie to selling on eBay, just started in October/November. Post a link to your listing... we'd love to have a look at it!

I guess my resolution is to keep learning to paint (only been doing Watercolor for a year)... keep listing on eBay ... and try to find what my own personal style is!

Good luck!
Michelle

surreal
01-07-2004, 10:49 PM

Yeah!

Lisa

I wish you the best of luck selling on ebay!
:D

rebar
01-07-2004, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the encouragement.
Oh my, let me see if I can figure out how to post a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3652351391&category=20149&rd=1

Thanks again.
Lisa

SunshineyChelle
01-08-2004, 08:17 AM
Lisa,

That print is beautiful!! I don't see why it wouldn't sell wonderfully! Do you still have the original? I bet it's just blow-me-down amazing.

Thanks for the link, and good luck!

Michelle

rebar
01-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Lisa,

That print is beautiful!! I don't see why it wouldn't sell wonderfully! Do you still have the original? I bet it's just blow-me-down amazing.

Thanks for the link, and good luck!

Michelle

Yes, I still have the original. I just finished it in Dec. actually and it's 30"x40". It is proboably one of my best works and can be yours for only $2400.00
Like I said, I have 15 others and I am trying to figure out the best way to list and rotate them.

ejmstudios
01-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Hi Rebar!
That's a lovely print. Do you have a website? I would love to see more of your work. Don't forget your about me page. I'm sure when people see that print, they are going to want to know more.

Welcome to wetcanvas :)

Beth

rebar
01-08-2004, 07:29 PM
Hi Rebar!
That's a lovely print. Do you have a website? I would love to see more of your work. Don't forget your about me page. I'm sure when people see that print, they are going to want to know more.

Welcome to wetcanvas :)

Beth

Funny you should mention that. I am going next week to have my web site professionally done. Right now it is very basic and only shows portraits, old ones at that!

Thank you all for the welcome.

sandge
01-12-2004, 06:57 PM
To get back to putting work on ebay again! :rolleyes: :D
Achieved! :D

Does that mean I can take the rest of the year off! :D

jocelynsart
01-12-2004, 07:22 PM
Wow, beautiful work Lisa.
You should post some work in Classical Forum here, I'm sure people in there would love to see it!
Joss

surreal
01-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Achieved! :D

Does that mean I can take the rest of the year off! :D

LOL

Could you tell us what your ebay user id is?

sandge
01-12-2004, 07:31 PM
LOL

Could you tell us what your ebay user id is?

fletcherfineart

surreal
01-14-2004, 12:54 AM
My newest New Year's resolution is not to price any works at very low prices.

I put up a small sized drawing for sale at 75 cents, a couple of weeks ago, hoping that it would be bid up in price.
However, it sold for 75 cents.
LOL
;)

I am resolving to not begin any auction listings lower than $9.99.
;)