PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck!!!!

meowmeow
01-02-2004, 03:20 PM
:D

There is an Epson 2200 printer sitting on the kitchen floor! :D
After reading all the comments and suggestions and giving the info to hubby we decided to go for it. Not hard to convince him to go for a new electronic gadget...especially since he will get my old printer to replace his lousy one.
I am hoping I can get better reproductions of my pastel paintings and the prospect of being able to do some a little larger (like 11x14) is really exciting.
If I can figure out where to put this monstrosity we"ll set it up.
I'll keep you posted! You all keep your fingers crossed!

Sandy

Meisie
01-02-2004, 03:37 PM
Bit hard to type with crossed fingers, but I'm trying :D
Meisie

BruceF
01-02-2004, 03:42 PM
Congratulations :)

I'd suggest checking out some of the digital and photo forums for suggestions on how to get the most out of this printer.

Kathryn Wilson
01-02-2004, 04:18 PM
Sandy, we love our Epson 1270 - so I know you are gonna love this one - as my DH said - OH, the big guy!!!

You'll have fun trying out different papers too - some can get expensive, but I think in the long run, well worth it.

Crossing my fingers!!

meowmeow
01-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Wow! It is amazing! I just printed one of my paisley and brass paintings onto some Museum velina finish paper...it is gorgeous. Perfect color match! I love it!
I did some reproduction prints last summer that I sold. I used the hp and they were okay...I didn't feel uncomfortable about them but they were not this nice at all. Plus, who knows how long before they fade. :(
But this is fabulous...I am really impressed.
I have played around with some papers but I know there is more and I have not gotten any oversized paper yet. It will be great to be able to offer 11x14 repros for sale. I am so lazy about going to a printer to have those done. I like to be able to do them on my own and be done with it.
I know it is a lot of money for a printer, but frankly, for what it does I don't think it is that bad at all.
Now I better get to work and paint and make "prints" and sell some stuff to pay for it! :D
Thanks for the heads up about checking other threads...I bet there is some good info out there. That's how I made the decision to get this in the first place...reading WC posts!

Sandy

Meisie
01-02-2004, 05:55 PM
Congrats Sandy! And I hope it continues to exceed your expectations ;)
Meisie

Kathryn Wilson
01-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Museum velina??? Sounds interesting - is it glossy, matt, textured??

meowmeow
01-02-2004, 06:09 PM
It's Museo by Crane. It's acid free "Velina Finish"...specifically for desktop digital printing. Now I know when I first found it, the way it was offered it would have cost me about $3 or more a sheet! Then I found a box of 25 for $28.80. That's still expensive but obviously not as bad. I don't want to play around with it but to make repros for sale I don't mind. The quality is wonderful. It's a matte finish. Very nice. And I believe they make larger sizes and paper for different types of media, like watercolor or oils. Can't remember the details. I bought it a few months ago.
Now I get to play around and see what else is out there.

The only issue is that the inks are expensive. I think we are in the process of setting me up to share the hp with hubby for day to day printing. I'll use this for the good stuff.

Kathryn Wilson
01-02-2004, 06:13 PM
Yes, I agree on the ink cost. They made it so (at least on mine) that when one color goes out they all have to be replaced. Black is separate. The inks on your machine are archival inks, on our 1270 they are not. We may one day want to replace, but for now we are more than delighted.

Day-to-day printing on the HP is the smart way to go.

Mo.
01-02-2004, 07:52 PM
Sandy Congrats on your new printer I have the Epson 1290 and it's super, haven't used it to it's full extent yet though had it about four months now, Jackie Simmonds gave me a link for the inks and they are about the cheapest on the net, I'll dig it up for you. Have to search my links for it, but it's there somewhere.

Mo.:)

whipdanceur
01-02-2004, 09:04 PM
Hi Sandy,

Aren't husbands wonderful? Mine gave me an Epson 2200 last Christmas and I love it. The color accuracy and rich depth of the inks are amazing. The paper I use is Epson's Enhanced Matte, both 8-1/2 x 11 and 13 x 19, along with the matte black ink.

When printing a large, complicated file, one suggestion I can make is doing it "after hours," say before you go to bed. Depending on your computer, some files can take an hour or more to process and print. During that time, your computer will be unavailable for use.

However, the results are worth this inconvenience!

Good luck,

Whipdanceur