PDA

View Full Version : New Year eBay'ing

breslinc
01-02-2004, 01:05 AM
Well...

I dumped a couple pieces on eBay yesterday and today and not much moving so far. Got a couple of bids on one but not much for this time around. I have heard that alot of people are waiting till the beginning of the new year to post. I figured I'd get a jump on the crowd but I think I jumped too early.

When are most of you going to list?

So far this year:

Quit smoking
Painted another 2 pieces (finished them)
Re-organized studio
Listed a couple pieces on eBay

Only about 100 things more to do for the new year thingy

ElizaLeahy
01-02-2004, 02:27 AM
LARGE Oil on Canvas, CBreslin, Original
16" X 20" Large oil Abstract, Original

You are repeating yourself and not using your title to it's best advantage

LARGE Abstract Original Oil Painting CBreslin (no commas)
16" x 20" Modern Gallery Painting

imaginethat
01-02-2004, 07:07 AM
I've already started listing - and have had some bids and a good number of hits for my auctions (at least good for me). I think now is a good time to start listing - after Christmas folks are still in a shopping mood - the Christmas budgets are done, so they can start spending on things other than gifts - and lots get money for Christmas, so treat themselves.

This is my first year actually selling art at this time - but I've been selling on ebay for years and after Christmas has always been a good selling time. I've noticed other popular artists who've been selling through Christmas are getting higher bids now than they were last week.

debmorbeto
01-02-2004, 08:48 AM
I just listed a whole bunch and am planning on listing even more today. So far no bids tho. :(

ElizaLeahy
01-02-2004, 05:08 PM
Thought this might interest you

On the free listing day (26th dec) I put up a LOT of little paintings for $1.

Some I put up for 5 days, some for 7.

The ones that are still going are still climbing in price. The ones that ended - well, needless to say they aren't getting more bids, and the highest price was $16.50

This being the case I think it's safe to say that leaving pictures up longer really does help raise prices.

dd50
01-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Eliza,

LOVE the grape painting! ;-)

Dee