PDA

View Full Version : More title characters for auctions! yea!

ejmstudios
01-01-2004, 10:15 AM
***Coming Soon: Extended Title***

Date: 12/31/03 Time: 06:16:23 PM PST

Many members of the Community have let us know that they would like to be able to add more text to their Item Title. We are very pleased to announce that, beginning in mid-February, we will be offering an additional ten (10) characters to the Item Title as part of the basic insertion fee. Currently the Title allows for 45 characters of text, and this will be increased to a total of 55 characters.

The extra ten characters will allow sellers to further describe their items and help buyers better decide which items to look at. The longer Title will be searchable through Title Search, the same way that it is today. Extended Title will be introduced on the U.S. site in mid-February, and on international sites a few weeks later.

We hope this enhancement improves your selling and buying experience on eBay.

Regards,
eBay

madmum
01-01-2004, 10:21 AM
That is great news! :clap: :D

Now how can we best use the extra 10 characters?

Ruth

surreal
01-01-2004, 11:39 AM
This is marvellous news!!!

I never feel like I have enough room for words in my title line!

:D

surreal
01-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by madmum
That is great news! :clap: :D

Now how can we best use the extra 10 characters?

Ruth

Bidders frequently search "no reserve" or NR.

madmum
01-01-2004, 11:44 AM
NR still leaves us with 8 more! :D

ORIGINAL

ART

YOUR NAME!

PAINTING

What else?

surreal
01-01-2004, 11:46 AM
How about "Painting"

surreal
01-01-2004, 11:49 AM
NR still leaves us with 8 more! :D

ORIGINAL

ART

YOUR NAME!

PAINTING

What else?

Also, if any of your work can be viewed as being impressionistic, be sure to include:
"impressionist"

TeAnne
01-01-2004, 11:51 AM
Cool, :) I hope it dosn't take 6 months for us to get it.

surreal
01-01-2004, 11:52 AM
"Landscape" may also be used, when applicable.

surreal
01-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by TeAnne
Cool, :) I hope it dosn't take 6 months for us to get it.

I sure hope not!
:cat:

madmum
01-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Or REALISM!

FLORAL

CAT ;)

BIG BUTT! :D

We could do with a sticky thread with all the most popular search terms :)

Ruth

surreal
01-01-2004, 12:00 PM
Or REALISM!

FLORAL

CAT ;)

BIG BUTT! :D

We could do with a sticky thread with all the most popular search terms :)

Ruth

Yes, we could. :)
We started doing this on one of the threads dealing with sellathon.

BTW bidders sometimes search colors.

Also, we will all use different search terms depending on our subject matter and styles.

I use "outsider art" for my work which is off the beaten track and I can't believe the frequency with which it is used by bidders!

surreal
01-01-2004, 12:08 PM
Oh gosh!
:o

I use sellathon and someone just searched in the T and D:
Nina Butt

:o

kjsspot
01-01-2004, 03:11 PM
Oh Nina! That is toooooo funny!!!!!!! You might wanna start selling self portraits butts. hee hee ho ho hee

surreal
01-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by kjsspot
Oh Nina! That is toooooo funny!!!!!!! You might wanna start selling self portraits butts. hee hee ho ho hee

ROFLMAO
:)

prtpix
01-01-2004, 05:24 PM
That's wonderful.
:clap:

Sumafra
01-01-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by surreal
I use sellathon and someone just searched in the T and D:
Nina Butt:o
Nina, this is quite funny. However, it's a good thing. You have made an impression. They remember that your name is Nina and that you paint those great nudes with big butts. You are becoming the famous 'Nina, the big butt nude painter'. LOL... Sorry, couldn't resist. But I mean it about making an impression. good going.

surreal
01-01-2004, 09:17 PM
Thanks for your kind thoughts, Suzette!

breslinc
01-02-2004, 01:08 AM
how about 4WC? 7 more chars left to fill. hmm.... CBRESLIN dang, thats 8

laurali
01-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Anyone not including their ID might consider using the extra characters for that. Someone heard I was on ebay and couldn't find me anywhere (my name was in only in a JPG file). I now have my ID in the title and my name in the description.

I lost a lot of space doing that (I'd set up my ID before I read the excellent advice to keep it short). I'll probably use the extra characters to make sure "original" is in every title.

Laura

surreal
01-04-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by laurali
Anyone not including their ID might consider using the extra characters for that. Someone heard I was on ebay and couldn't find me anywhere (my name was in only in a JPG file). I now have my ID in the title and my name in the description.

I lost a lot of space doing that (I'd set up my ID before I read the excellent advice to keep it short). I'll probably use the extra characters to make sure "original" is in every title.

Laura

Hi Laura,

In order for people to find you, IMHO, you don't need to use the long "iversongallery."

I suggest you use "iverson" to identify your listings instead. I think there is only one other "iverson" who is an artist, whose work could never be mistaken for yours.

Just my 2 cents.

laurali
01-04-2004, 12:34 PM
Thanks, Nina.

I put in the whole ID because I'm running the banners (I have my ID on them) and I thought people might remember the ID and search for it. It's kind of a long shot, though. It's probably better to switch to "iverson" (then I could fit in "original").

Laura