PDA

View Full Version : 1st time attempt at pastel drawing

wings44
08-02-2001, 12:22 AM
Decided to try using pastels for the first time so I stuck to something very simple and basic. I like the way they blend, but for me it was hard to manage any detail. Anyway, it was messy and fun....but for the moment I think I better stick with the colored pencils!!! :rolleyes: Seriously, I know I'll try using them again.....I like experimenting! And that's how we learn, right? :D
Wings

wings44
08-02-2001, 12:33 AM
Sorry about that.....my pic is too big and I don't know how to make it smaller so I can upload it. Can anyone tell me what to do? Help!!:confused:
Wings

sandge
08-02-2001, 03:03 AM
Do you have an image editing programme such as photoshop or paint shop pro? Is your image on the internet anywhere?

wings44
08-02-2001, 11:39 PM
Well, I'm going to try posting this pastel drawing again. I do have photoshop and I went in there and reduced the size.....so now lets see if it worked!!!:rolleyes:
Wings

ThinkSeeDraw
08-06-2001, 11:35 AM
This is very nice, i love those colors! I was wonering, what type of paper is this done on??? It looks a bit rough for a 'flowy' picture like this.... I think pastels are fun! But u got to learn to dig in and blend some with your hands.... I would love to see you do a more detailed piece, this one is really uniform in a way hehehee

anyways, good job on your first!!!! I hope u can keep them coming!

wings44
08-08-2001, 01:38 AM
Thanks, Darcy!! Those words of encouragement will get me to try another pastel drawing :D I just used some cheap drawing paper because I was experimenting....thought it wouldn't turn out too good so didn't care. Who knew???? :rolleyes: Anyway, thanks again for the gentle "push"......
Sharon (Wings)

ThinkSeeDraw
08-08-2001, 04:10 PM
your welcome Sharon, i think this picture has a lot of 'emotional flow' heheheh, i love making up new words! :D I would love to see this on a vellum paper!!!!!!!!!!! Either that or any old construction paper would do :D

sandge
08-08-2001, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by wings44
I just used some cheap drawing paper because I was experimenting....thought it wouldn't turn out too good so didn't care.

Experiment on expensive paper. As soon as you choose cheap paper you have already made your first decision about the value of your work.

Your picture has a lot of energy. I would like to see more thought given to the quality and variety of your mark making.

Stick with pastels. :D

ThinkSeeDraw
08-08-2001, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by sandrafletcher

Experiment on expensive paper. As soon as you choose cheap paper you have already made your first decision about the value of your work.

Wow, :o that is so true!!!!!!!! Is there anything wrong with me saying to use cheap construction paper??? I thought that may be a better paper for blending colors on.....

but that is a really good saying, i will remember that one :D