PDA

View Full Version : Very 1st Plein Aire

LINDAMAC
08-01-2001, 06:47 PM
I finally got my courage up to post my very first plein aire work. I love landscapes and found the bridge to be very challenging. I am so excited about working outside I think I'm hooked.

LINDAMAC
08-01-2001, 07:54 PM
Lets try again

sandge
08-01-2001, 09:40 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Aug-2001/bridge.jpg

Welcome! :)

A .psd is the native file format for photoshop. Not many will be able to view that. Please save your files at .jpg or .gif. If those options are not available when you choose save or save as, try choosing flatten image from the layers menu.

Javier
08-01-2001, 09:55 PM
Lindamac, very nice painting with a lot of detail work. I especially like the reflection of the bridge in the water.

Looking forward to viewing more of your work.

The Best,

billyg
08-02-2001, 04:09 AM
Awwww!.
Yours is a bigger bridge than mine. Like it though and as Javier says good reflections. More please.
Billyg :D:D:D:D

LINDAMAC
08-02-2001, 08:10 AM
Thank you all for your kind remarks. I still have so far to go as a painter. As you can tell I had some trouble posting yesterday first the file was to large then somehow I submitted the thread twice, just not my day.

sandge
08-02-2001, 08:16 AM
You can remove that other thread if you want. Just go in to it and look for the edit button at bottom right of your post. The first option is Delete thread. Make sure you tick the box to delete it.

wendee
08-02-2001, 09:21 AM
very nice for your first plein aire.....I haven't had the courage to do one yet....hopefully I will soon....:D :D

4vincent
08-02-2001, 12:03 PM
Nice painting , Lindamac. There's a lot up there in Cincy to do some nice plein airs of; for instance, the fountain downtown, Eden Park... I believe I crossed that bridge when I was up there a couple of years ago at a workshop at the Arts Club.

Keep it up and welcome to WC! Ken

Leaflin
08-02-2001, 03:42 PM
Linda
I too like the reflections.
The water looks like it is moving.
This is a difficult subject for your first crack and you pulled it off superbly.:)

Roni Anderson
08-03-2001, 03:02 PM
Plein aire gets in your blood! I find it forces me to work quickly and to really focus as the sun and shadows change so quickly! Great piece..hard to believe it is your first! Thanks for sharing.

brendahofreiter
08-03-2001, 11:13 PM
:clap: :clap: ALRIGHT!! Another plein air convert! How I love um! Welcome LindaMac! And you have a thing for bridges too! :D I like your painting, keep posting!

Brenda

LINDAMAC
08-04-2001, 10:42 AM
You are all so kind. This was done in my first painting class. I was disapointed with the class as I thought that we would have a demostration and go over techinques before being thrown out to paint. I guess you only learn by doing. I painted a house also on the river which I'll post soon and am working on a series of trees at the moment. Again thank you all for the encouragement and knid words.

Masterartworks
08-04-2001, 11:29 AM
Linda- welcome to the world of light and color. Throughout my years of painting on location, I am always excited to approach my canvas, and see what adventure awaits me. This will really turn you on to color, and the more you do it the better your work will become. Best wishes in your journey ahead.

MAW

LDianeJohnson
08-04-2001, 12:45 PM
Lindamac,

Nice first plein air piece...solid perspective and handling of the paint. Here are two suggestions...

On the building to the right all of vertical row of windows that are nearest the upright on the bridge are complete rectangles. To give the impression of the building being even further behind the bridge, only paint the right half of the windows that are against the bridge (overlap).

And strengthen the bridge reflection in the water just a bit closest to the bridge.

Keep up the good work.

Diane