PDA

View Full Version : Frog page on line

ElizaLeahy
12-29-2003, 11:37 PM
I've mentioned this in another thread, but thought it might be missed by some people.

I was thinking about a painting I have of two frogs, and how I should put it in my store. Then I thought that maybe I'd do more paintings of frogs, and instead of ebay I'd put up a frog page to sell them from.

And then, when talking to others here I thought "why not a group frog page?"

So, if you are interested let us know! Basically it would be a mixed artists site for the sale of art on the topic of frogs. I'll do the web setup and host it and at the moment I don't require anything from anyone who wants to join. If you all started making more money then me though, I might ask for a donation when it comes time to pay my hosting bill!

Each artist would have a gallery link from the front page. Each piece of art would have all the details, including size, medium, price (in US dollars) and how you would accept payment. You would have to be willing to post world wide.

How does that sound?

CarlyHardy
12-30-2003, 12:07 AM
Eliza,
this sounds like a winner for a Cafe Press store too! Frogs seem to be popular here in the south...not sure why! :)
carly

carlyart is my cafepress name

ElizaLeahy
12-30-2003, 02:35 AM
I just registered "frog-art.com" :)

Lady Rando
12-30-2003, 07:22 AM
I'm in. :) Sounds great to me.

Crystal Owl
12-30-2003, 10:07 AM
I love frogs can I participate?

Irene

prtpix
12-30-2003, 11:26 AM
Elisa,
You know I'd be into it. I'm a frog fan for life. I even have a live one in a habitat next to my desk here.

TeAnne
12-30-2003, 11:39 AM
Yep, thanks Eliza :) I'll see if I can paint a frog :D

Congrats on all your bids that you have too :D

ElizaLeahy
12-30-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by TeAnne
Yep, thanks Eliza :) I'll see if I can paint a frog :D

Congrats on all your bids that you have too :D

All those appearently "unsellable" 8 x 10s were annoying me, so I figured that even if I got a dollar or two out of them at least they would be out of my hair! Each one helps add up though, which is good - it's paying for the frog site! :)

SunshineyChelle
12-30-2003, 04:16 PM
I just peeked at your auctions, Eliza.... and ditto what TeAnne said..... congrats at ALL those bids! Whoo hooooo~

What's your secret??? FP'ing anything right now?

Michelle

ElizaLeahy
12-30-2003, 04:32 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3649068233&category=20158&rd=1

That is a FP

I think that because I started all the little ones at $1 too - and I really DON'T care if they go for $1!

surreal
12-30-2003, 05:13 PM
Congrats on how well you are selling your work, Eliza!!!

Very impressive.

You are doing well with paintings of poppies!

:cat: :cat: :cat:

ElizaLeahy
12-30-2003, 05:19 PM
What will I need from people so that I can add their paypal details? I'd like to put a button under each picture that takes paypal - would that be possible?

Alternatively I guess we could just have "email the artist to purchase this item"

surreal
12-30-2003, 05:21 PM
Can you provide a link to your frog site, Eliza?

ElizaLeahy
12-30-2003, 05:37 PM
Not yet Nina :) I just bought the domain yesterday, and paid for the hosting this morning. It's 8.30 in the morning here, so they haven't even turned on their computer to see that I've paid. Then when they set it up it will take between 24 and 48 hours to kick in - and then I have to actually put something there for you to see it :)

But it will be www.frog-art.com and I think I'm lucky to get that URL!

surreal
12-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by ElizaLeahy

But it will be www.frog-art.com and I think I'm lucky to get that URL!

Yes, it's a perfect url!:)

tigre255
12-30-2003, 06:09 PM
You can count me in .......lol now all i have to do is paint some frogs........:rolleyes: and btw i use paypal....but don't know anything on how you add buttons on your site.......

ElizaLeahy
12-30-2003, 06:36 PM
I checked the paypal button and it should be fairly easy. I'd need the artist to set it up and send the coding that they are given. I just double checked to make sure that nothing private was in the coding :)

So, how does this sound as information needed from the artist. Let me know if you can see anything I've forgotten to add.

Name of Artist :

Name of Artwork :

Description of Artwork, including dimentions and medium:

Please attach photo of artwork at 700pixels at the longest side. Please give the file a unique name, starting with your name. eg. eliza_jumping.jpg rather then just jumping.jpg.

Price of Artwork:

If you wish to have paypal buttons with your pictures, please provide the coding. You can get this from paypal - go to "merchant tools" and fill out the form there.

If you do not accept paypal or you don't wish to have the buttons, please advise of alternative methods of payment, and give the email address you would like to use. ***@frog-art.com addresses (pop) are available to member artists.

If this is your first application, please also attach a photo of yourself measuring 200 pixels by 200 pixels and a brief bio.

CarlyHardy
12-30-2003, 06:37 PM
be sure to change the spelling on dimentions to dimensions!
carly

Lady Rando
12-30-2003, 07:22 PM
Sounds good, I'll get started on mine in the morning.

Thank you Eliza for doing this for all of us. :)

ElizaLeahy
12-30-2003, 07:37 PM
I think I might need some sort of agreement set up too - like you agree to keep me informed on the status of each piece, let me know if it becomes unavailable or if you sell it etc so I can keep the site up to date.

Send anything to [email protected]

M.A.
12-30-2003, 07:49 PM
I think this is a brilliant business model!:clap: :clap: :clap:
The only thing that could possibly improve it would be if it were a "developed" site ... meaning there was a means for each individual to edit (manage the content) their own pages (I don't paint frogs, btw :D)

ElizaLeahy
12-30-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by fun2cook
I think this is a brilliant business model!:clap: :clap: :clap:
The only thing that could possibly improve it would be if it were a "developed" site ... meaning there was a means for each individual to edit (manage the content) their own pages (I don't paint frogs, btw :D)

That might come in the future, but I I'm not sure it's needed to start with.

kiwicockatoo
12-30-2003, 08:38 PM
Wow Eliza, you look like you will be mailing lots of paintings! I LOVE that large fantasy nude!

What a great idea - the url is very catchy! Can I do some frogs too? I only do minis right now, are minis ok?

ElizaLeahy
12-30-2003, 08:43 PM
As long as they are somehow frog based it doesn't matter how you do them :)

I have a header ready, and the basic layout. At the moment I have limited computer time to sit down and do it because Zoe is home for a week of holidays. Next week I'll get stuck into it more heavily.

ElizaLeahy
12-30-2003, 09:08 PM
Emails are available for @frog-art.com

There are a limited supply, so I'm only offering them to people who want to be part of the site. But I don't think other people would want them anyway :)

They are pop, so you can use your usual email software to collect mail from that address.

Would make the site look nice and professional if you used them on the site.

Also, I'd like to have a mailing list to keep both the artists and any customers we might have up to date.

On it I'd announce new pictures going up, and maybe sales that have happened. I know that there are a LOT of frog lovers and collectors out there, so I'll have a link on the front page so that they can join the mailing list as well. That way we have potential buyers every time we put up new pictures.

If you wanted we could also have a mailing list for frog artists to chat, but that's only if you wanted to.

prtpix
12-30-2003, 09:13 PM
I would love to have a frog-art.com E-Mail addy.
I have always do pretty OK with my frog art. So, this will be nice. If you need any help with the web site. Let me know.

surreal
12-30-2003, 09:19 PM
Eliza,
What will drive 'frog art' enthusiasts to your frog-art site?

*forever curious*
:)

kjsspot
12-30-2003, 09:24 PM
Eliza, the frogs inspired me. Check it out!

27x18" Oil on Canvas
Courtin'
#3650282760 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20135&item=3650282760)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Dec-2003/5480-ocG18x27frog.jpg

I went ahead and put it up on eBay since your site isn't up yet, but I think I could do lots of these if they sell. I really enjoyed it!

surreal
12-30-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by kjsspot

27x18" Oil on Canvas
Courtin'
#3650282760 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20135&item=3650282760)

I went ahead and put it up on eBay since your site isn't up yet, but I think I could do lots of these if they sell. I really enjoyed it!

It's awesome, Kerry Jo!

ElizaLeahy
12-30-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by surreal
Eliza,
What will drive 'frog art' enthusiasts to your frog-art site?

*forever curious*
:)

Search engines. I'll use a submit site to submit to search engines

I'll also have a "links" page, and go on a frog hunting expedition for reciprical links.

Same thing for banners. While I wont' have any on the front page or on the gallery pages, I'll see what frog rings there are out there.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated :)

surreal
12-30-2003, 09:37 PM

Search engines. I'll use a submit site to submit to search engines

I'll also have a "links" page, and go on a frog hunting expedition for reciprical links.

Same thing for banners. While I wont' have any on the front page or on the gallery pages, I'll see what frog rings there are out there.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated :)

I am very impressed with your business skills, Eliza!
This sounds great!
:D

I wish I liked frogs.
lol

meriadoc
12-30-2003, 09:51 PM
maybe - someday....

i work primarily as a photographer - frogs aren't that common up here ;)

unless I start keeping froggies

ElizaLeahy
12-31-2003, 01:51 AM

27x18" Oil on Canvas
Courtin'

That's great KJ! If you enjoyed doing it and can store them for awhile (they won't sell as fast as ebay, but we can ask more for them!) want to do some for frog-art.com?

kjsspot
12-31-2003, 02:04 AM
Thanks Nina & Eliza! :D

Sure Eliza, I'd love too! I'll be getting a climate controlled storage unit end of January so I'll have a spot to store them. I don't have an email that'll access a POP account though. I use AOL's mail.

TeAnne
12-31-2003, 03:30 AM
Love this Kerry :D The movement is awesome.

I went to a 'seconds' shop and bought a froggy family to paint a still life maybe :D

ElizaLeahy
12-31-2003, 05:21 PM
I'm ready for people to start sending in things.

kjsspot
12-31-2003, 05:42 PM
Eliza, you don't have your index page uploaded yet. Just wanted to make sure you were aware that people can see the various files instead of a webpage.

How do you want things sent? Do you have a preference? Should we make an HTML page with photos hosted on our space or are you wanting us to send you the photos so you can create the pages?

Thanks Te! =)

ElizaLeahy
12-31-2003, 05:49 PM
KJ, I'm working on it at the moment. I hate starting a new site and trying to work out how it's going to look and what to say!

If you are going to be around I'll upload what I have of the index and you can tell me what you think.

There will have to be a link on the index page as well to a page of "froggie friends" for reciprical links

I didn't think you could see www.frog-art.com yet, I'm still only using the IP number

kjsspot
12-31-2003, 06:04 PM
Hey! It looks good from here! Your gallery doesn't have the index yet, but I'm sure you're working on that as well. I like it!

ElizaLeahy
12-31-2003, 06:06 PM
I didn't answer your other question.

Until (and if) I get it set up so that you can upload yourself into a template I'll get you to send things to me and I'll do it. I'd like the site to have the same look throughout.

I need

1. a photo of your artwork (ready to display)
2. description of your artwork
3. price you want
4. paypal buttons if you want them, or an email address if you don't (you can have [email protected] if you can configure pop mail)

For the first time I also need

a 100 x 100 of your favourite frog art (by you) for the gallery link and a short bio of you - around 500 words or less and a 150 x 150 photo of you.

How does that sound?

ElizaLeahy
12-31-2003, 06:12 PM
And my email to send this to is [email protected]

kjsspot
12-31-2003, 06:19 PM
OK. Kewl. It'll be a couple days. Gotta paint anutter. hee

ElizaLeahy
12-31-2003, 08:19 PM
Can you check out www.frog-art.com

so far I'm feeling lonely. But it will give you an idea of the layout.

Do you think that the large pictures (the final ones, with the prices) are too big? Do you have to scroll to fit them in?

tigre255
12-31-2003, 08:22 PM
Looks great to me......didn't have to scroll sideways just down.....but not a problem on my end.......can't wait to paint some frogs........should be fun.......

Lady Rando
12-31-2003, 08:47 PM
Eliza, I just emailed you my pics ...... at least a few of them. :D

CarlyHardy
12-31-2003, 09:19 PM
Eliza,
I love the logo!! Didn't have a problem with anything loading, but I'm on cable which is fast. Check your spelling of amphibian.
carly

surreal
12-31-2003, 10:12 PM
I just clicked on frog-art.com and nothing appeared on the homepage.

*i suppose that Eliza is busy at work on the site*

ElizaLeahy
12-31-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by surreal
I just clicked on frog-art.com and nothing appeared on the homepage.

*i suppose that Eliza is busy at work on the site*

Bah, I broke it, then went shopping without knowing that I broke it.

Fixed now :)

TeAnne
12-31-2003, 10:51 PM
Lookin' good E :clap:

surreal
12-31-2003, 11:41 PM
Hi Eliza,
The homepage looks great!
:D

However, the structure of the sentence below, needs to be improved:

"Welcome to the world of Frog Art! Here you can buy sketches, paintings, statues and prints by a variety of artists, all of your favourite amhpibian - the frog. "

*it's me, wearing my hat as a librarian, who is willing to help you make the needed revision*

LOL
;)

ElizaLeahy
12-31-2003, 11:49 PM
I have no objections to anyone finding fault with my writing - as long as they give me the correct way to word it in their next sentence!

Telling me it needs changing isn't enough - you need to tell me what to change it TO. :)

(and then I can fix up the spelling on amphibian too)

ElizaLeahy
12-31-2003, 11:49 PM
I've added Tamara and Splat - but I'm still waiting on payment details for him. Splat is so kewl!

surreal
01-01-2004, 12:17 AM
Hi Eliza,

I wanted to hear from you before recommending changes.
;)

How about:

"Welcome to the world of Frog Art, where you may purchase artwork created by a variety of artists!
You will find drawings, paintings, statues and prints of your favorite amphibian - the frog!

or

"Welcome to the fabulous world of Frog Art, where you may purchase artwork created by a variety of artists!
Drawings, paintings, statues and prints are available of your favorite amphibian - the frog."

etc., etc.

nanabanana
01-01-2004, 02:46 AM
wow! your site design is very nice, thank you so much! you're so sweet to do this! I want to join too ...I will send you email with my info as soon as I either find my old frog paintings or if can't find it I 'll make new ones!! thanks again!

meriadoc
01-01-2004, 08:59 AM
Eliza :

on your front page where it says to contact you, you've got it set up wrong.

You've got it set up like :

<a href="http://www.frog-art.com/[email protected]">

it should be
<a href="mailto:[email protected]">

or if you want to be even smarter (not that you're not already smart), and cut out worrying about what people want to write in the subject line..

<a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=frog art submission">

or something to that effect ;)

I do that with most of my mailto links - that way I know what they're talking about ;)

TeAnne
01-01-2004, 09:12 AM
Here is some froggies to paint.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/data/556/1887nikkers_11287-med.jpg

madmum
01-01-2004, 09:16 AM
I wonder how Splat is coping with the journey across the pond? :D I'll have to clear a space for him near the computer this week!

The site looks great, Eliza! Good luck with this endeavour! :)

Ruth

Lady Rando
01-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Ruth, I'm sure Splat is anxious to get there and get out of that shipping box. He was so excited about going to England to live that I had a hard time keeping him from hopping out of the box. :D

Let me know when he gets there. :)

ElizaLeahy
01-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by meriadoc
Eliza :

on your front page where it says to contact you, you've got it set up wrong.

You've got it set up like :

<a href="http://www.frog-art.com/[email protected]">

it should be
<a href="mailto:[email protected]">

or if you want to be even smarter (not that you're not already smart), and cut out worrying about what people want to write in the subject line..

<a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=frog art submission">

or something to that effect ;)

I do that with most of my mailto links - that way I know what they're talking about ;)

meriadoc, is it still showing that way? Because that isn't in my coding at all, I have no idea why it would show to you that way?

<table width=200 border=2 cellpadding=10><tr><td bgcolor=#BBD5BB>
<font color="#0F510F" size=+2 face="helvetica, sanserif, arial"><center><b>Join us!</b></center><p></font>
<font color="#0F510F" size=+1 face="helvetica, sanserif, arial">Are you an artist who would like to join us?<p>
For information write to <a href="[email protected]">Eliza</a>
</td></tr></table><p>

<table width=200 border=2 cellpadding=10><tr><td bgcolor=#BBD5BB>
<font color="#0F510F" size=+2 face="helvetica, sanserif, arial"><center><b>Link with us!</b></center><p></font>
<font color="#0F510F" size=+1 face="helvetica, sanserif, arial">Do you have a froggy page? Would you like to link with us? Email <a href="[email protected]">Eliza</a> <P>
<a href="links.html">VISIT OUR FROGGY FRIENDS!</td></tr></table>
</a>

That's my coding

Good idea about adding the subject line - I'll do that.

ElizaLeahy
01-01-2004, 04:53 PM
Would this be easier on a mailing list? This is going to make this very long on WC and it will be ongoing.

Unfortunately I only got one mailing list with my client, and I'm going to keep that for [email protected] for customers and for updates.

But we can use a yahoo one, which I just set up

Subscribe: [email protected]
Post message: [email protected]

Anyone from here can join if they wish, you don't have to be an active member of frog-art.com

Also, I need some help with writing text.

I need a "welcome email" that basically says "yes we would like you to join but first we have to approve of your art" that doesnt' sound too stuck up or off putting.

Anyone here good with words?

kjsspot
01-01-2004, 05:18 PM
Eliza, perhaps the html editor is treating it as a site relevant link and adding in the additional base URL. I'm getting the same URL on the mailbox link.

ElizaLeahy
01-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Eliza, perhaps the html editor is treating it as a site relevant link and adding in the additional base URL. I'm getting the same URL on the mailbox link.

What can I do to change that? The code is correct when I upload it, and it's correct in the "view source"

ElizaLeahy
01-01-2004, 05:30 PM
~ blushes and goes to change all the = to : ~

kjsspot
01-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Maybe we're looking at two different pages. The home page link is fine. But in your gallery it's coming up as http://www.frog-art.com/eliza/[email protected]

kjsspot
01-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Oh, and the elfwood link as well. It's coming up as http://www.frog-art.com/eliza/http//elfwood.lysator.liu.se/elfwood.html

Lady Rando
01-01-2004, 05:52 PM
I tried to find the yahoo group but yahoo doesn't find it in the group search. How do I find the group?

prtpix
01-01-2004, 05:56 PM
Eliza,
I sent you my current frog painting, a little bio and I joined the mailing list.
It should be lots of fun.

ElizaLeahy
01-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Lady Rando
I tried to find the yahoo group but yahoo doesn't find it in the group search. How do I find the group?

It might not find it yet because I just listed it.

But you don't need to find it, just send an email to
[email protected]

I think that's all you need to do.

Lady Rando
01-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Eliza, did you get the code I sent you for my pay pal button. I've sent it 3 times and am not sure why you aren't getting the emails. :confused:

Let me know when you get the chance. Also, do you need any help with anything? I could give the text a shot.

Lady Rando
01-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Eliza how does this sound for the text?

Thank you for your interest in joining Frog-art.com. We will be happy to view your work. All artist works must be pre-approved by our committee before being listed on the website. (That would be you):D Please email us samples of your work for consideration. Thank you.

ElizaLeahy
01-01-2004, 07:08 PM
Eliza, did you get the code I sent you for my pay pal button. I've sent it 3 times and am not sure why you aren't getting the emails. :confused:

I don't know either. I will be out for the rest of the day.

Try this address

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

It's GOT to arrive at one of them, surely? If not, PM me.

Let me know when you get the chance. Also, do you need any help with anything? I could give the text a shot.

There is something else I need help with if you have time. House guests are taking up my time now. Can you have a look see what frog themed web rings there are and send me a list of suggestions? That would be great

prtpix
01-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Here is one.
I'll go look for more.

http://t.webring.com/hub?ring=froggie

prtpix
01-01-2004, 07:18 PM
http://www.froggyville.com/links.htm is looking for links for Frog Websites.
http://w.webring.com/hub?ring=frogring
http://o.webring.com/hub?ring=froggielovers
Poison Dart Frog Web Ring (http://x.webring.com/hub?ring=waizfisz)

Salairawns
01-01-2004, 08:32 PM
Eliza, if you haven't already, I'd be happy to submit the site to the main search engines.

Also, some general comments. The site looks good, like the header image :)
You may also want to include some other pages such as - About Us to explain the how, why, and goals the site was formed, and FAQ pages for both buyers and artists, especially if artists use different payment methods. Don't want any confused buyers.

I'd be willing to help with those areas if you decide to add them.

I don't know that I'd have a lot of or any frog art to offer, will try it, but if you do any reciprocal links on a Links page, I'd be happy to reciprocate from my art site.

If you take submissions by email, be sure to specify acceptable file size or you might get a 3mg image in your mail. :p
Celena

TurtleKiss
01-02-2004, 01:09 AM
I was in the market for some "frog art", and I was extremely pleased with the quality of the works I found on www.frog-art.com. However, after further review, I have determined that NONE of the artworks on your site are authentic! In fact, I have reason to believe that HUMANS are responsible for creating EVERY SINGLE piece of so-called "frog art"on the site. :)

Silly humans!

http://www.turtlekiss.com/12-12_073small.jpg

ElizaLeahy
01-02-2004, 01:20 AM
And here I was just about to say that I was thinking of adding a section to www.frog-art.com for "Friends of the Frog" which could be artwork of (or by) other amphibians!

I don't think I will now! hmph.

Actually - I am thinking of doing this. What do you think?

ElizaLeahy
01-02-2004, 01:22 AM
Eliza how does this sound for the text?

Thank you for your interest in joining Frog-art.com. We will be happy to view your work. All artist works must be pre-approved by our committee before being listed on the website. (That would be you):D Please email us samples of your work for consideration. Thank you.

That sounds good thanks. I only needed a short one to send out to applicants as an inital greeting.

If I'm not sure about the quality of peoples work I'll email it to the mailing list and we can discuss it.

ElizaLeahy
01-02-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Salairawns
Eliza, if you haven't already, I'd be happy to submit the site to the main search engines.

Also, some general comments. The site looks good, like the header image :)
You may also want to include some other pages such as - About Us to explain the how, why, and goals the site was formed, and FAQ pages for both buyers and artists, especially if artists use different payment methods. Don't want any confused buyers.

I'd be willing to help with those areas if you decide to add them.

I don't know that I'd have a lot of or any frog art to offer, will try it, but if you do any reciprocal links on a Links page, I'd be happy to reciprocate from my art site.

If you take submissions by email, be sure to specify acceptable file size or you might get a 3mg image in your mail. :p
Celena

Help would be great thanks :)

I've had a house guest and what with that and the frog site I haven't done any painting for 3 DAYS! No housework has been done either. It's like, if I don't do anything nothing gets done, you know that feeling?

So help would just be so much appreciated!

I dont' know if an "About us" is needed. I mean, what goals? We want to sell froggy stuff so we can paint more. I never read "about us" pages.

But FAQs - yes, we need them. Especially for buyers. Could you write that? The "how to submit" I basically covered here, but I want artists to email me for that because we aren't going to accept everyone. I don't want someone to go to the trouble of writing a bio, sizing pictures etc only to have to turn them down.

Also I think I'll put up a page for feedback and if anyone who contributes has something that their clients have sent them that they would care to put up there let me know.

Yes, I think we could have an "Artist friends" section on the links, as well as "Froggy friends". I'll worry about that in a day or two.

Anything else I've forgotten?

ElizaLeahy
01-02-2004, 01:31 AM
Oh! Thanks, but I've already submitted it. You can remind me to redo it every few months though :)

sandge
01-02-2004, 07:10 AM
I dont' know if an "About us" is needed. I mean, what goals? We want to sell froggy stuff so we can paint more. I never read "about us" pages.
If I'm interested what's on the website, I always read a site's 'about me' page - that often goes for companies as well as artists. It helps me judge what kind of person/people I might be doing business with.

Just thought I chip that in ... it may just be me. :)

Good luck with your froggies! :D

prtpix
01-02-2004, 08:54 AM
Everything looks great. Let me know then if you need anything else.

CathyD
01-02-2004, 11:04 AM
Eliza, you are such an inspiration to us all! First you do the painting game for the month thing, and now this! This is a great idea and you have done a beautiful job on the website.

I would like to do this too! IF I can get my act together. You mentioned prints... I would like to do some as well as originals because of my limited time frame ( the full time day job, don'cha know...). That way prints can keep me alive and present if I don't have time to keep originals going.... is that ok?

Anyway, New Year resolutions being what they are, mine is to really develop my internet art business. This sounds like a good way to expand. Who knows, we all may become famous as 'Painters of Frogs'! (Ribbet, ribbet)

Cathy

prtpix
01-02-2004, 11:31 AM
I made a frog animation of my frog painting.
He wants to kiss all of you for appreciating him and his other froggy friends so much.

TurtleKiss
01-02-2004, 03:15 PM
I don't think an "About Us" page is necessary, but I think the home page should include a snippet of text about why the artists decided to focus on the subject of frogs. Any frog lover searching the site will want to feel that the artists have a froggy connection somehow.
Also, Koopa and I would like one of your banners (when you get around to making one) for our site. We'll place it on the home page for a month to help you get some exposure.

ElizaLeahy
01-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by CathyD
Eliza, you are such an inspiration to us all! First you do the painting game for the month thing, and now this! This is a great idea and you have done a beautiful job on the website.

I would like to do this too! IF I can get my act together. You mentioned prints... I would like to do some as well as originals because of my limited time frame ( the full time day job, don'cha know...). That way prints can keep me alive and present if I don't have time to keep originals going.... is that ok?

Anyway, New Year resolutions being what they are, mine is to really develop my internet art business. This sounds like a good way to expand. Who knows, we all may become famous as 'Painters of Frogs'! (Ribbet, ribbet)

Cathy

Prints are fine!

ElizaLeahy
01-02-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by prtpix
I made a frog animation of my frog painting.
He wants to kiss all of you for appreciating him and his other froggy friends so much.

How cute!

I was thinking about the frogs on ebay again and had almost decided to put them on the page as well, with a link to the ebay auction rather then putting pricing details on the site.

But then I came to my senses and realised that would really "keep me hopping" with putting these up and then a week later taking them down.

I'm sorry, I don't think I can do it. While I hope that our art sells from the site, and I hope it sells quickly, I just don't think I have the energy to do the ups and downs for each picture in a 7 day period, if you know what I mean.

Sorry :(

ElizaLeahy
01-02-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by TurtleKiss
I don't think an "About Us" page is necessary, but I think the home page should include a snippet of text about why the artists decided to focus on the subject of frogs. Any frog lover searching the site will want to feel that the artists have a froggy connection somehow.
Also, Koopa and I would like one of your banners (when you get around to making one) for our site. We'll place it on the home page for a month to help you get some exposure.

Am I making banners? I didn't know that! lol

OK, I'll make a banner :)

I think we should wait until we have more artists before we go plugging the site too much though. I have a few lists I want to tell about it, including my ebay customers, but I'm waiting.

Anyone who wants to suggest any text is welcome! :)

kjsspot
01-02-2004, 05:01 PM
I finished a painting for the site. I'll get you the pics and such later this evening. I did the subscription for the yahoo but I don't think it went through. I'll try again later.

edit: Never mind. It was in my spam folder. :rolleyes:

gealflings
01-02-2004, 05:57 PM
What an awesome idea - I'll definitely have to start painting some frogs. I'm off to add myself to your mailing list right now! :D

If you need help with anything graphically, Eliza, let me know - Banners or buttons or whatever. :)

gealflings
01-02-2004, 06:04 PM
Another thing I just thought of - there are hundreds of frog-related groups in Yahoo - Maybe something to do to promote yourself would be to join them and do some subtle advertising? Just a thought :D

ElizaLeahy
01-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by gealflings
Another thing I just thought of - there are hundreds of frog-related groups in Yahoo - Maybe something to do to promote yourself would be to join them and do some subtle advertising? Just a thought :D

Gealflings!!!! You know EXACTLY what my external responsibilities are! You really think I have time for MORE email?

LOL!!!

However, it's a good idea and I'll look into it - which, in the language of Elfwood means, I'll delegate you to look into it because you suggested it!

:p

gealflings
01-02-2004, 06:30 PM
LOL!! Oh yeah! I guess I do!! hehehehe

I'll look into it :)

prtpix
01-03-2004, 09:56 PM

ElizaLeahy
01-04-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by prtpix

Dot? Who is Dot?

prtpix
01-04-2004, 12:52 PM
I musta been half asleep last night when I did that.
Now I even forget what I was going to say. LOL

prtpix
01-04-2004, 12:52 PM
I musta been half asleep last night when I did that.
Now I even forget what I was going to say. LOL