PDA

View Full Version : "PLAYERS" Signed today! - Detail

JeanineJ
08-01-2001, 12:45 PM
http://www.peoplescapesct.homestead.com/files/playerdetail2.jpg
24" x 30" Oil on Canvas - Detail

[I realize this file is a tad large in one dimension... My apology for this... I was unable to resize without destroying image...]

I have been working feverishly/joyously on this for a month... Today I signed it! Now, I hope it will dry enough by Friday deadline... Any tips?

Complete painting can be viewed at: "Players" jpg file (http://www.jeaninejackson.com/files/players.jpg)
or by visiting portrait gallery on website...

Luvy
08-01-2001, 12:57 PM
Oh my goodness Jeanine It's beautiful. I'm not a horse lover but boy do those look like photo finishes *S* Can't see the black horse's head very well. Did you take a picture of this or scan it? Guess it's still too wet to scan. I love it *S*

JeanineJ
08-01-2001, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Luvy
Oh my goodness Jeanine It's beautiful. I'm not a horse lover but boy do those look like photo finishes *S* Can't see the black horse's head very well. Did you take a picture of this or scan it? Guess it's still too wet to scan. I love it *S*

Luvy, you're a luv!
The dark horse is merely suggested - intentionally... I started out wanting to make an impressionist portrait and just kept falling in love with every detail... My teacher says that this is normal for a beginning portraitist... Maybe when I grow up, I'll loosen up! No new trails being blazed here, but I hope I captured the power and grace of these amazing men...???
I wouldn't know how/where to scan a 24" x 30" painting???

teixman
08-01-2001, 01:41 PM
greetings!

Gollator
08-01-2001, 03:06 PM
For a non-American, this looks like Mr. Clinton playing golf :)

Great job.

wendee
08-01-2001, 10:08 PM
great painting....you should be proud..:D

Chuck
08-02-2001, 10:51 AM
Jeanine: Ya did good! My only problems are with caps' chin straps (but, not in detail?) and glove highlights...they seem too “white” for the atmosphere of day.

dollardays
08-02-2001, 03:24 PM
Love it! Beautiful... captures the moment. (I didn't notice the black horse was kind of faded out until Luvy pointed it out.)
:clap: