PDA

View Full Version : and another as I get a bit more confident

Karma_Angel
08-01-2001, 12:24 PM
and another one for you all to tell me what you think. I'm getting more confient at this now. I loooove it.

Please let me know I can take it. I would rather have my sunflowers than this though.

Responses appreciated by this newbie.

dupliKate
08-01-2001, 12:32 PM
This is a very nice composition Karma_Angel. Once again, I like the way you have used your colours. Might be even better if a little of the ochre colour was used in the hills on the right.

If you could shorten some of the brush strokes on the hills in the background, I think this would be a jaw-dropper!

Is this a view of somewhere near where you live? If so, lucky you!

K
:) :)

Karma_Angel
08-01-2001, 12:39 PM
Thank you for your feedback, I very much appreciate it. Yes I live here, this is very near my house. I live on the west coast of Ireland, so getting colour right in the painting can be a problem, days are so very wet and dull here and the light changes so quickly. But I love Ireland. The sceenery is beautiful. Thank you again.

jerryW
08-01-2001, 12:55 PM
an irish cezanne yogi?
nice stuff.
I like this better than the sunflower

bobsart
08-01-2001, 07:12 PM
Welcome to the forum. We need to see a little more depth. You carried the same values in the foreground back to the horizon.

You have such a beautiful country and a very scenic coastline. If I could, I would take a note pad, camera, acrylic paint set and a picnic lunch and set up a position along side the rockiest, surf pounding place along the coast from sun up to sunset and capture every changing mood of the ocean and atmosphere on camera, on note pad and on canvas board. Then I would go home and paint a masterpiece and submit it to this forum.

At first glance I thought you were Karamel Apple....bob :D :D :D