Andrew Rance
12-29-2003, 10:20 AM
Last one of these, from 1980ish:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Dec-2003/27523-Porsche924-599.jpg

Acrylic on Ivorex card, details put in with a watercolour brush, size 22" x 16"

Colorfast
12-29-2003, 11:18 AM
Colorfast Here:

This is F A N T A S T I C ..... Oh come on now, send us some more of your airbrush art before the year runs out of time on us. You know what I mean....

Colorfast

Caterwallin'
12-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Andrew, this is excellent as usual! I love the reflective glare on the top of the car and especially the back window! You left out the steering wheel! LOL!!! I know, it's on the other side! When I lived in England, I loved to drive! For us Yanks, it was quite a challenge! Especially roundabouts! I drove an early 70's model Austin Mini that was bright orange! Being left handed, I still think that I shift better in a right hand drive!

Great Job! Well done!

Sam

ProfessorGreibowitz
12-29-2003, 07:14 PM
Nice cars! You really have the knack for illustrating automobiles. I liked your chocolate, too!

Tim

kahlua
12-29-2003, 07:24 PM
Very nice! I love the reflection on the rear window, actually all the reflections look great. The entire car looks great for that matter, everytime I look at it I find something else I like about it. So I guess I will just say.... Great Job!!!:clap: :clap:

Rodman
12-30-2003, 11:33 AM
very nice....no..wait....very VERY nice...thanks for posting Rod-Man

Penny220
12-30-2003, 12:44 PM
I really like your cars but I want to see some of your new stuff. If this is what you were doing back in the eighties I want to see what you are doing now!

Penny

ProfessorGreibowitz
12-30-2003, 01:20 PM
Maybe he hasn't done much lately for reasons only known to him? Sort of like why my last (actually, first and only) CD happened in 1995. Life. Nerve damage to my finger tips. etc. etc. :crying: I still have the CD as a testiment to what I could do on the guitar as well as in the composing, arranging, recording, mixing, engineering arenas but nothing lately and the way it looks.... nothing more. But imagine what 10 more years of playing (from 1994 to today) could do for my NEXT CD. That'd be a total of 40 years behind the neck! Uh, guitar neck, that is.....

I'm sure I'd like to see some new stuff too and I'll bet it's better than the old stuff but we'll just have to wait and see what manifests!

Maybe we SHOULD team up on him and get him back in the saddle. :eek:

Anyway, I'm just gabbin' and don't mean no harm. :angel:

Good work, Andrew, no matter WHEN you did it. But hurry up with that piece on your easel and post it! ;) hehehehehehhe

Tim

Andrew Rance
12-31-2003, 12:44 PM
Thanks all of you for your kind comments. I haven't done any of these for years - I sold the airbrush to an up-and-coming illustration student. He made good use of it, and became a professional illustrator, doing work far better than anything I ever did - I like to think I inspired him, though. The problem I found was that my patience ran out too quickly - I wanted quick results, and airbrushing isn't too conducive to that attitude of mind.

orchid black
12-31-2003, 01:49 PM
beautiful work....

Barry Lyon
01-30-2006, 04:33 AM
Great Airbrushed Porsche, Andrew...have any more Illustrations of Cars? would love to see them If so.....

airbrush_ken
01-30-2006, 06:06 AM
I'm glad I moved on to doing fine art in the eighties...still worked for news limited...back then...but after I started my own company...I couldn't have been happier...sadly disabilities (an a little help from the NVA), cut short my full time work...but now I can take on only the things i choose to...put the time and effort I think some works deserve...

I am confused Andrew on why you posted the artwork if you have given up your airbrushing??? Maybe i'm missing something here?

Ken

albertoponno
01-30-2006, 12:58 PM
I saw your impressionist painteds,great Andrew!You look to Venice with the eyes of a romantic poet!Fantastic colors.
Alberto