PDA

View Full Version : Crayons-Ugly Goofy Me

Nathan Reed
07-31-2001, 10:20 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Jul-2001/crayonclown.jpg
8.5"-11" Crayons and paper

Just clowning around and practicing. Critiques always appreciated.

TeAnne
07-31-2001, 10:35 PM
This is just too cool. WOW, I love it. :evil:

Sandi
07-31-2001, 11:08 PM
I LOVE love love this!! It's so expressive in colors, line, medium AND subject. I sincerely hope you do a whole series of these, in your many goofy expressions.
Only critique suggestion I have is to maybe take a razor and scrape a highlight in each eye.
Wonderful work.

deevaa
07-31-2001, 11:43 PM
:p I wish I looked that good when on a good day, let alone on an ugly goofy day!!

I second the motion for you to do a series of emotions or expressions!

jerryW
08-01-2001, 12:04 AM
a lot of fun, this is worth being serious over.
and then getting over that too.
you are doing incredible work with these sticks.

ZOTMA
08-01-2001, 01:35 AM
You must have the really big box (with the sharpener?)
Your color mixing, stroke, very 'energetic' looking
can't get over these being crayons
The expression is well executed too of course
Great

Gollator
08-01-2001, 05:54 AM
Hehe. Very cool.

~*HC*~
08-01-2001, 11:58 AM
Great stuff!
I must try something with crayons - but I bet I won't be able to handle them half as well as you do!
Are you using paper with a lot of tooth?

Christie
08-01-2001, 12:47 PM
This is incredible! I love the expression and the colours you used!

ftb
08-01-2001, 04:02 PM
cool work nathean..looks to me like he can smell manteca..I know it dont smell there anymore...just funnin ya very nice

dornberg
08-01-2001, 08:16 PM
very good rhythm
with the curves
nice dark light contrast

ejfarrae
08-01-2001, 09:25 PM
this is awesome stuff nathan. the curves are very reminiscient(sp?) of munch's work. and you've nailed the expression too? did you do this from a photograph or with a mirror? great job!

Nathan Reed
08-01-2001, 10:40 PM
:D
You are all sooo kind:

TeAnne, Thanks, glad you like it

Sandi,
If I do a series of goofy expressions, I think I may be busy awhile. My face is pretty goofy most of the time.
No highlight this time sorry... the papers too cheap to use a razor.
I love your input, though... thanks... I 'll keep it in mind on my next goofy face.

deeva,
Oh... get real, just look at yourself... with your pretty little tiny head... :p Thanks very much for your praise. I will most likely do another expression soon....:)

jerry,
I hear you bud, thanks.

Zotma,
Good one... It is big...96 with a sharpener! It's called Crayola Big Box... Some of them seem to glow.

Gollator,
Yeah, man...

HC,
You're too kind... you'd be surprised at how easy crayon work is. It is very relaxing. The paper is called Great White Multi-Purpose. I think I got like a billion sheets for about $8. It's the cheapest kind of paper for copies and stuff.

Christie,
Thanks much.

ftb,
Yeah, yeah... that's me smellin' somethin'... must be Oakdale... See ya, my good neighbor down the road.:D

Thanks Dornberg,
You're always so kind, I like your comments.

ejfarrae,
Thank you. This time it was with a poloroid. Last time was with a mirror. I think if I held this one too long, it would stick just like my Grandma always warned;)

deevaa
08-01-2001, 11:22 PM
*cough*flirt*cough*

btw: I hope you didn't steal your son's crayola's!

Nathan Reed
08-02-2001, 10:10 AM
deevaa,
I'm sorry... I didn't mean to seem like I was flirting. I can't recall the last time I commented on someones good looks other than my wife's. I guess it's because I really don't know how. You seemed to be putting your looks down, so I just wanted to pay you a compliment. :) But, I do admit... yes, I did steal my son's crayons:evil:

deevaa
08-02-2001, 06:17 PM
:p and I'll let you off just this once. (thankyou, btw)

giniaad
08-02-2001, 06:35 PM
Nathan...a HUGE WOW!...
ugly...absolutely not!...
and before seeing the picture, I was going to reply...goofy?...don't know you well enough to say...but then seeing the picture...YES>>>GOOFY...and I love goofy!!!

I have got to say...this is one of my absolutely favorite pieces I have ever seen posted here...
what a treasure!!!

anything that brings a smile and is so wonderfully done, as this is, has got to win a prize!

I am in love with it totally!
thanks for sharing!!!

ginia...

Nathan Reed
08-04-2001, 11:14 AM
Giniaad,:eek: WOW. THANKS.

You're much too kind, I am speechless to this. Thanks:D