PDA

View Full Version : need pigment info for W&N Artisan color

Patrick1
07-31-2001, 09:22 PM
I'm hoping someone could tell me which pigment(s) is used in Winsor & Newton Artisan oils in the "magenta" color. I can't find this info on their website, and they don't yet answer questions
by e-mail. Thanks.

Einion
08-02-2001, 08:12 PM
Hi Patrick, I can check a tube tomorrow in an art store and get back to you. It's probably one of the quins but we'll see.

Bummer about them not having any email isn't it? I have so many questions I don't want to have to wait until I can visit their factory :)

Einion

Einion
08-09-2001, 04:45 PM
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Patrick but the local store didn't stock the full range of Artisans. Anyway, it's Quinacridone Magenta, PR122.

Einion

P.S. You can download the W&N Oil Colour Book in PDF format to check any of their pigments out (plus a lot of other useful info), just look for the link at the bottom of their homepage.

Patrick1
08-09-2001, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the pigment info. The Oil Colour Book section looks new, I don't remember it being there last time I checked. Anyways, I ordered Grumbacher MAX quinacridone magenta, PR122 (they call it Thio Violet). This was the one color I needed to mix colors cleanly between magenta and diox. purple; my only other red oil color is W&N Artisan cad red deep hue, which, I find to be a nice, brilliant color, despite being relatively low-cost.