PDA

View Full Version : Ebay US Free listing Day

tmcclary
12-26-2003, 05:32 AM
All day December 26 is ebay US free listing day!

I have been posting for two hours with listings sheduled to start all day tomorrow. I am trying to list some of my more expensive stuff that would have higher listing fees normally. At 35 cents a pop (for the scheduled listing and gallery) I figure now is a good time to go nuts.

Sixteen listed so far...lots more to go....No sleep for me!

TeAnne
12-26-2003, 09:11 AM
I listed one against my better judgement. I was going to wait till Jan 04.

surreal
12-26-2003, 09:52 AM
I plan to take advantage of this offer, for better or worse!
LOL
:D

Pink
12-26-2003, 11:05 AM
I thought when you sheduled a listing that ebay doesnt charge you until the day it starts, therefore the free listing fees would not apply if it wasnt sheduled to start tonight? Just wondering as I may decide to shedule a few for next week...

surreal
12-26-2003, 12:04 PM
Gosh.
I just put up so many sale items on ebay!

Later tonight, I will list pricier items so that I can truly take advantageous of not having to pay insertions fees.

;)

*ebay can be as addictive as WC*
;)

tmcclary
12-26-2003, 01:19 PM
Pink, They must be scheduled to start today! I was posting at 2 in the morning. I scheduled them to start at a better time this evening. I don't think many people would have seen them if I started them that early in the morning:) Most of mine are scheduled to start between 5 and 8 pacfic time this evening.

jolie
12-26-2003, 01:41 PM
Since my account is actually registered on the UK eBay will I still be able to take advantage of the free listing day? I assume I can just go log on at ebay.com, rather than ebay.co.uk, as I usually do. Also, what time zone does ebay.com operate on? I am 5 to 8 hours ahead of the USA, depending on which area they do business in. That gives me quite a bit more time to organize some stuff.

Thanks,
Jolie

tmcclary
12-26-2003, 01:49 PM
I don't know about UK users being able to take advantage. I think you are right about just logginf in to ebay.com. I am pretty sure they run on Pacific Standard Time, they are in California.

TeAnne
12-26-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by jolie
Since my account is actually registered on the UK eBay will I still be able to take advantage of the free listing day? I assume I can just go log on at ebay.com, rather than ebay.co.uk, as I usually do. Also, what time zone does ebay.com operate on? I am 5 to 8 hours ahead of the USA, depending on which area they do business in. That gives me quite a bit more time to organize some stuff.

Thanks,
Jolie

I'm in Australia Jolie and I took advantage. Go for it :)

surreal
12-26-2003, 06:56 PM
Gosh. I have 31 items listed including auction and store items!

I seem to have taken this offer very seriously!
LOL

*i haven't finished listing yet for the day*
:rolleyes:

tmcclary
12-26-2003, 07:05 PM
Well I think I am done for now. I have about 30 scheduled to start. I have a few more paintings I can list if I get a chance to take photos. I need to go get groceries (go figure...the kids actually want to eat today....). Somehow I doubt I will be in the mood to take pictures after braving the WalMart supercenter the day after Christmas.

ElizaLeahy
12-26-2003, 11:45 PM
31 listed, including 25 which start at $1! lol

jolie
12-26-2003, 11:53 PM
I feel so unproductive...I've only listed 1 piece. LOL

Jolie

surreal
12-27-2003, 12:03 AM
Whew!!!

I have a grand total of 33 auction and store pieces listed at varying prices!

LOL

TeAnne
12-27-2003, 02:20 AM
I chucked the 2 flower gutz up in the nick of time.

nanabanana
12-27-2003, 02:30 AM
Hi everyone,
I just finished listing 40 items more or less, whew this is alot of work for a post christmas day. Most of time was spent painting, I had a whole bunch of paintings that were almost finished, then scanning and listing. Hmm this is more work than fun :) but then again I did splurge on buying an expensive ipod mp3 player for myself so I guess can't complain

ElizaLeahy
12-27-2003, 02:36 AM
Flower gutz, heehee

They look good too Te :)

surreal
12-27-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by nivinne
Hi everyone,
I just finished listing 40 items more or less, whew this is alot of work for a post christmas day. Most of time was spent painting, I had a whole bunch of paintings that were almost finished, then scanning and listing. Hmm this is more work than fun :) but then again I did splurge on buying an expensive ipod mp3 player for myself so I guess can't complain

Hi,
I noticed that you have 9 pages of store listings!

Do you create your art very quickly?

Are your drawings/paintings very small?

:)

TeAnne
12-27-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by ElizaLeahy
Flower gutz, heehee

They look good too Te :)

Thanks Eliza. I hate that blue one, it just wont photograph :(

Didjaaveagoodchrissy?

ElizaLeahy
12-27-2003, 05:07 AM
I got a tripod for my camera.

Now I just need a better camera... printer...computer... lol

nanabanana
12-27-2003, 11:11 PM
to surreal: response to your 2 question: Do you create your art very quickly? Are your drawings/paintings very small?

yes I paint fairly quickly, size is 9x12 inches I guess you could call that small. For me I only work with 9x12 with the occasional 3x3 for fun. :) my 9 pages of store listing? oh most of those are prints, and some older originals I had from previous years. I paint fast but not that fast. it was free listing day :)

surreal
12-27-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by nivinne
to surreal: response to your 2 question: Do you create your art very quickly? Are your drawings/paintings very small?

yes I paint fairly quickly, size is 9x12 inches I guess you could call that small. For me I only work with 9x12 with the occasional 3x3 for fun. :) my 9 pages of store listing? oh most of those are prints, and some older originals I had from previous years. I paint fast but not that fast. it was free listing day :)

Thank you for your explanation.