PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Scumble 12/25 - 1/1/2004!

rd2ruin
12-26-2003, 05:00 AM
Sure, I haven't done a pastel in months...

And I've been mighty rude about not stopping in and saying 'Hi' once in a while.

But during this holiday week, it would be downright wrong not to swing by and say 'Thanks' to all of you fine folk that helped me build my confidence as I was starting with my art earlier this year. I've been working oils for some time now, but still consider the Pastels Forum to be the best peoples on the Internet :)

Since this week's Scumble goes into next year, let me be the first to wish y'all a Happy and Healthy 2004! :D

Cheers!
- Greg

Dyin
12-26-2003, 10:46 AM
happy New Year Greg!! Same to everyone else! Anyone get some good art supplies for Christmas???

Vegas Art Guy
12-26-2003, 12:14 PM
Not this year, I still have plenty from the summer! I did have an excellent Christmas though. And now that I'm done with school I can start using my art supplies up!:D

sundiver
12-26-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by rd2ruin
Sure, I haven't done a pastel in months...
- Greg

Too busy getting into arguments in the Debates Forum, eh, lol?
I have to say your posts there are the most refreshing. I 've lurked there sometimes and there's a lot of same-old-same-old.
Get those pastels out and say it with color! :D

To answer Sue's question, I got my Wacom and am just now trying to get everything installed. Haven't a clue what to do with it after that!

rd2ruin
12-26-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by sundiver

Too busy getting into arguments in the Debates Forum, eh, lol?

That's just late night rambling :)

I'm not smart enough to walk up stairs and chew gum at the same time.... that is, I have to concentrate on learning one medium at this stage, and oils are 'doing it' for me right now. Plus I've sold a couple (and if that ain't incentive, nothing is :D )

I plan on doing pastel versions of my oils down the road. I think that will be a lot of fun!

I got a couple gift certificates for Pearl Art and Michaels. Just waiting for the right Sale on frames :)

Cheers!
- Greg

Vegas Art Guy
12-26-2003, 03:02 PM
Michael's? Who'd you make mad? :evil: :D :D :evil: Sorry, I could not resist. Congrats on your sucesses in oils, nice to see people get ahead in the world. I have not tried doing the same effort in different mediums, that could be fun!

Mo.
12-26-2003, 07:40 PM
Hi Greg! Happy New year to you too, good to see you again, you too Vegas, any quicky sketches lately?
Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas, no art stuff for me, but not short on art supplies.
How you getting on with your Wacom Wendy? If you need any help give me a shout. BTW which one did you get and did you have any software with it?

Mo.:)

Vegas Art Guy
12-26-2003, 08:04 PM
I KNEW you were going to say that Mo! No pastel sketches yet, I need to find them in my studio, which is a bedroom until tomorrow. I did a couple of pencil sketches to start shaking off the rust. What about you?:evil: Any sketches for you to post?
Hmmmmmmm? :D

Deborah Secor
12-27-2003, 03:32 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Dec-2003/23609-whitecat2th.jpg

Just thought I'd show you that I finally really did get some pastels under my fingernails! I did this one for the white project. (Doesn't this cat look like a killer? LOL) The holidays always take apart my painting time.

Happy New Year to you all.
Deborah

Dyin
12-27-2003, 03:37 PM
nice Dee....it DOES look like a killer kitty lol!!

sundiver
12-27-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Mo.
How you getting on with your Wacom Wendy? If you need any help give me a shout. BTW which one did you get and did you have any software with it?Mo.:)

It's Graphire 2, and came with Photoshop Elements, and procreate Painter Classic, which I used to make my first little, very amateurish sketches now posted in the Dig Forum...( virtual pastel, which is most emphatically NOT equivalent to the real thing! My o.p.s don't have a delete feature, for starters!)
I'll be pestering you with questions as soon as I figure out what the questions are lol!

Deborah, that killer cat! That eye! OMG!

rd2ruin
12-28-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by sundiver

It's Graphire 2, and came with Photoshop Elements, and procreate Painter Classic, which I used to make my first little, very amateurish sketches now posted in the Dig Forum...( virtual pastel, which is most emphatically NOT equivalent to the real thing! My o.p.s don't have a delete feature, for starters!)

Stop being so bashful, you know you want us to look ;) Here's the link everyone.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=155678

I dont know how I could relate to a medium that didn't wind up in my hair after an hour of working with it. My tinyhead is the extent of my digital art ability.

Cheers!
- Greg

guilliame
12-28-2003, 04:11 PM
Well a Happy New Year everyone:D
rdtoruin,keep on selling and rambling,congrats.
Dee,i tort i tort i saw a puddy cat,well done:D :clap: looks like he is eying up a canary lol.
Well all iv'e done is to finish off a project progress pic,but now i'm starting a new project,i'd thought i would do my own website
:confused: woe is me i feel like i'm learning to fly a jet plane,hyperlink there,flash here.roll over image there,push buttons,gonna enlist the help of my grand daughter she is better at bob the builder than i am,this might take a while people,will try to post a pic between times:)

Meisie
12-29-2003, 08:18 PM
Smashing cat Dee! Boy am I glad I'm not a mouse......
:D
Meisie

Mo.
12-29-2003, 09:12 PM
Wendy you have the same Wacom as me. You'll never use a mouse again, believe me. thought you'd get painter classic with it, it's a great little piece of software.

Love that killer cat Dee, he's a real beauty.

Guilli, good luck with your web site, come and help me with mine when your done! :D

ctmobitz
12-30-2003, 12:12 AM
Love that cat Dee........nice sparkling eye!!

Regards,
Claude

meowmeow
12-30-2003, 08:33 AM
Amazing kitty....even more amazing eye! Thanks for posting that, Deborah! I always love a nice kitty! :D

Neat what you are doing, Sundiver. And I am not surprised to see you say that the virtual is not the same as the real thing. And I don't mean to say that it is not art or that one is better...just different. Looks like you will get the hang of it pretty quickly.

I got a couple of neat arty things for the holidays. I finally got smart and went through the ASW catalog and circled stuff and gave it to my daughter! :D I got a couple of sets of these:
http://www.aswexpress.com/fabpitpen.html
I figured they would be helpful for thumbnails. I got the greyscale set and a landscape set. They are really nice to use.
And I had them get me a small set of Blockx (spelling?) to try and so far I like them. Similar to Rembrandts but a bit softer. I got a set of lights and they are nice for highlighting at the end.

I hope everyone has a fabulous new year....happy, healthy and full of wonderful art!!!

Sandy

Vegas Art Guy
12-30-2003, 08:37 PM
Sorry Mo, no quickie sketches with pastels yet. Found my drawing pencils and wrestled with a painting for 2.5 hrs last night :mad: but have not done any pastels... yet. I may not get to them until 2004...:D

doe
12-31-2003, 09:17 AM
Happy New Year!

Congrats on your sales, Greg!

Time is running out on you Vegas, your pastel is due tomorrow!

Love that killer cat Dee!

Wendy, your new toy looks like alot of fun and you're getting great results already, of course.

My new toys just arrived - my pastel box is full and sort of organized, glad I bought the 18 x 12 model (Dakota). My new tripod just arrived too. Bought the guerilla painter model, thinking that in the future - who knows - maybe I'll get a guerilla painters box too. It's really heavy duty, comes with a carrying case and has a level built in. (bought from Dick Blick) Originally my husband was going to get these for me but he wasn't happy about the fact that they'd arrive just after Christmas, so when I sold a painting recently I let him off the hook and said I'd buy them with my proceeds. So I also have some georgeous gold hoop earrings to wear while painting!:)

Gotta go - I'm making 9 mini flans for tonight - my neighbor is making paella - all to go with the bubbly, of course.:)