PDA

View Full Version : Great News!.....Jackie Simmonds

JamieWG
12-23-2003, 08:03 PM
Well this sure is great news for all of us and for Jackie....I just received my North Light Book Club circular in the mail today, and Jackie's book, "Pastels", from the Collins Painting Workshop, is one of the featured alternates! Yea! I'm finally going to have this book. :D

(You can see the selections on their website: www.northlightbookclub.com )

Jamie

marilyn h
12-23-2003, 09:04 PM
Great news. I will have to look into this. Way to go Jackie.

Vegas Art Guy
12-23-2003, 09:23 PM
About time they have something other that watercoloring books... Talk about a medium I have no business working in... sheesh!

Yay for Jackie! :clap:

sundiver
12-23-2003, 09:37 PM
That's great to see!
(Although I just bought mine directly from her)
Some how-to art books just pretend to teach- Jackie's really does teach.

jackiesimmonds
01-07-2004, 05:49 AM
thanks for the support folks. It is good to see that North Light have finally discovered my book! When I first wrote it, which was a while back, they would not carry it because they had lots of American authors with books on Pastel Painting, particularly one by Carole Katchen, I think, and so they said they would not take my book.

Well, since my book is now in its THIRD reprint,(most unusual for an art instruction book) it has stood the test of time, and therefore maybe this is why they have recognised that perhaps it has some worth!

Drumbeat-trish
01-07-2004, 05:59 AM
WAY TO GO Jackie - You rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

meowmeow
01-07-2004, 08:16 AM
That is good news!
I don't see how they can possibly have ever said they had too many books on pastels by any authors because they have hardly any pastel books!!! It's why I have not bothered joining.

SAndy