PDA

View Full Version : Aurora Peach Blues for Val

saucy
12-23-2003, 01:20 PM
I've had a couple of folks see these beads and think they were made with Rubino. They aren't. They were made using Aurora Peach and Copper Blue stringer from Val's frits.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Dec-2003/26398-Vals_Aurora_Frit.jpg

I found on certain colors the Aurora Peach will turn a lovely greenish blue. The top barrel bead is a base of grey rolled in silver with the stringer on top. I was so surprised by this reaction, but I love it! The blue dots are copper blue.

The bottom tube shaped bead is Lauscha cocoa rolled in ivory and then Aurora Peach added.

The middle tube shaped bead is striking opalino pink rolled in a couple of strips of silver and Aurora Peach and Copper Blue were added. I love the way the peach large dot hits part of the silver and makes a pretty half ring.

These photos were taken under natural light and look exactly like the beads.

enchantedjewels
12-23-2003, 01:26 PM
Very nice. I just got three frit colors in from Val and can't wait to play. I got apricot sorbet, copper ruby and fuchsia pink. I almost ordered the peach but opted for the apricot instead.

Helen Simon
12-23-2003, 03:00 PM
Gorgeous work, Starlia!! Thanks for sharing. Love, Helen

gypsysoul
12-23-2003, 03:17 PM
Very cool, Starlia! I love both of those frit colors a lot! You tried base bead colors I wouldn't have even thought of with those frits. This is why I love this place--it feeds your head!:D

Paula