PDA

View Full Version : Hooray for me... I did it twice!

djstar
07-30-2001, 08:34 PM
Ok, two Mondays in a row I escaped the looney bin and got out.
My hand looks like a high dollar dermabrasion but really pink so I am still gauzing it.
Here is this Monday afternoons piece.
AND woe and tears, now that I am semi free to come, they are cancelling all evening workshops so all I can attend is long pose nude.
Hopefully tonight I can make the gesture class.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jul-2001/tammyjulywc.jpg

My good pal Tammy. I think I was happier with the loose look. I did not stay for the whole pose and actually think I may be overworking this style.
The decision to leave the face to simple forms really arose from her wearing her glasses! Ah, what models will do...
dj*

Gollator
07-30-2001, 09:01 PM
great.
the legs are superb

Gavinart
07-30-2001, 10:35 PM
The umber's in the leg correspond to the patch of the same in the lower right. The figure is skillfully rendered and composed wonderfully. The overall treatment of the plane is beautiful and loose. I think the arm in the background doesn't need to be there. Maybe it could be toned down a touch to recede into the back. When I block it out, the figure is more evocative.

All is all, a skillfully rendered, wonderful study.

-Gavin

atont
07-30-2001, 10:43 PM
This is terrific. I too like the legs. I do find myself a little bothered that I can't see her face.

Nicely done!

dornberg
07-30-2001, 10:43 PM
the lighting adds another element
with which to continue to undulate the surface
of the figure
relating to the color and shape changes
perhaps the lighting is the strongest element

Ceu
07-30-2001, 10:49 PM
it's a great image, and I like the fact she does not have a face. so per say. legs are wonderful:)

jerryW
07-30-2001, 11:22 PM
very enjoyable, alive and unique.
I even like the skinny arm, the neutral face, the blue orphan pillow, but most of all the highlights and textures.
it's a bit gauzy like your burned hand.
great stuff and thanks.