PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pastel tree...a surprise!!

Dyin
12-21-2003, 12:17 AM
8x11 on black Tiziano Fabriano.

Someone here on the pastel forum sent me a pic of their Christmas tree and I got so inspired by this gorgeous tree that I popped out a bunch of pretty new Holbeins and in TWO hours I did this...a speed record for me for sure!!!! This was SOOOOOOOO much fun....I live in a 5th wheel so no big trees for me, but now I feel I decorated one lol!! And it's a surprise for the person whose real tree this is...isn't it something???? :D Hope they like it!!!

Oh yeah....this WILL be my Christmas card next year!!!

(Pooey...it scanned just a hair dark...I left little chunks of color all over it and they catch the light and sparkle for real! Plus it looks a touch greener...o well) :mad: :p

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2003/19147-oil_pastel_xmas_tree.jpg

sundiver
12-21-2003, 12:19 AM
Gorgeous!

tammy
12-21-2003, 12:32 AM
I see the sparkle and its very pretty!

jgarroyo
12-21-2003, 12:44 AM
hey, it looks like it was a ton of fun. great way to sample almost all of the new colors. i like the effect of the bg, was it black paper, or working over black op?

Dyin
12-21-2003, 12:58 AM
Hey, thanks Sundiver and Tammy!

Jimmie...it was a dark charcoal paper actually...just about looks black...this Fabriano Tiziano has the neatest texture to it...and it was a blast, just painting for the FUN of it...no pressure, no worries about getting it just right!

Eisenhower
12-21-2003, 01:06 AM
That is a really beautiful painting. The more I look at it, the more magical it appears. The dark paper was perfect and your choice of colors in the background. It will make a great christmas card:)

Dyin
12-21-2003, 01:16 AM
hey, thanks! Magical! That's how it makes me feel...almost like it was a gift to be able to do it!

fugitive
12-21-2003, 02:01 AM
Nice little tree. Keep it up. Make me somethin'.

Kathryn Wilson
12-21-2003, 07:18 AM
OMG -THAT'S MY CHRISTMAS TREEE!! (For those of you who remember the wonderful story of ChristmasCarol's soldier painting, you'll understand this - LOL.)

Sue - I can even see the little Santa in the front! I'm so glad you did this tree - and that you had fun doing it!! It's a wonderful surprise and you did it OP's too!

{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}

Kat

Mo.
12-21-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Dyin
8x11 on black Tiziano Fabriano.

Someone here on the pastel forum sent me a pic of their Christmas tree and I got so inspired by this gorgeous tree that I popped out a bunch of pretty new Holbeins and in TWO hours I did this...a speed record for me for sure!!!! This was SOOOOOOOO much fun....I live in a 5th wheel so no big trees for me, but now I feel I decorated one lol!! And it's a surprise for the person whose real tree this is...isn't it something???? :D Hope they like it!!!

Oh yeah....this WILL be my Christmas card next year!!!

(Pooey...it scanned just a hair dark...I left little chunks of color all over it and they catch the light and sparkle for real! Plus it looks a touch greener...o well) :mad: :p

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2003/19147-oil_pastel_xmas_tree.jpg

That is absolutely gorgeous!! I bet you had loads of fun trying out all those new colours. :clap::clap:
I'd better be on your card list for next year:D:D

Oh I've just read it's Kat's tree, Kat if it looks this good in life you have a beauty of a tree.

Mo.:)

Dyin
12-21-2003, 10:34 AM
Ha! You have that tree so loaded down I had a hard time picking out ornaments! Told ya I thought it was gorgeous!

Yep, Mo...no cyber cards next year lol!

bnoonan
12-21-2003, 11:56 AM
Sue this is gorgeous. What a sparkling combination of colors. Great subject matter when you live in such a small space. Now if you could only make it a a scratch and sniff tree with that pine scent - you'd have something there!!!

Kat - nice tree.

Barb

Dyin
12-21-2003, 12:01 PM
oooh...scratch and sniff!!!! hmmmmm....maybe my xmas cards could have that........grin!

christmascarolnz
12-21-2003, 04:10 PM
OMG -THAT'S MY CHRISTMAS TREEE!! (For those of you who remember the wonderful story of ChristmasCarol's soldier painting, you'll understand this - LOL.)

ROFLOL Kat. I didn't 'get it' for a second then I just burst out laughing and told Tim.

Sue you have made an amazing job of the tree. I don't know if you realize just how much you have blessed Kat with this.

God bless you girl!
Carol

Dyin
12-21-2003, 05:24 PM
Ah...but she blessed me!!! Carol...with your username being what it is...are you enjoying the season like you should??? I sure am!!!!!!

meowmeow
12-21-2003, 05:34 PM
Wow! That is beautiful! A well loaded tree...

REally, the colors and the light are wonderufl...I love how you did the background.
Doesn't the black make those colors sing?!?!

sandy

Dyin
12-21-2003, 05:39 PM
Yeah, they really do pop on that black...Ha my first go round on the background made it look like the tree was on fire...lol...couldn't have THAT!!!

ctmobitz
12-21-2003, 05:50 PM
Wow.......love your tree it is super! Lovin it!

Now I wanna try OP soon........LOL

Merry Christmas
Claude

Dyin
12-21-2003, 05:59 PM
Claude...you keep threatening us with that....when we gonna see you walk the talk???? :evil: :D
Merry Christmas to you too!!

eileenclaire
12-21-2003, 07:16 PM
I love that Christmas tree! What a great card that will make! I see that little Santa in the front. I like that background too. You are very quick with those OPs!

Dyin
12-21-2003, 07:37 PM
Thanks, Eileen! That's the first time anyone ever said that to me...:D