PDA

View Full Version : Calling Carla Alexander

blyneth
12-20-2003, 01:07 AM
Carla: This is a set that you made a while back that I adore and i wondered if you can remember what colors you used to make it? I asked in the S&T thread that you posted it in, but it was far down & I don't think you would have seen it. I have tried with some Powder Pink, metallics, with EDP, and with Kugler Coral Red frit, but am not getting it to break up like that. I hope you don't mind the question . . . you almost always post what you make things with, so I think you might not mind "telling."

Let me know if there's anything I can do to coax it out of you. Send you glass? Money? A year's supply of Val's frits? Anything. I'll do anything!

Thanks every so . . .

Blyneth

This is the pic:
Originally posted by Carla Alexander
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Dec-2003/15070-eyes_of_heaven.jpg

:( <-- Begging and Pleading face

CarlaAlexander
12-20-2003, 11:34 AM
OOOH my secret bead huh? hee hee. OK I will give it. You all share all the time. I take an ivory base and build up a disk. It can be a big ole lumpy mess. The messier the better if you can work it back to smooth. Then I take coral, EDP and silvered ivory and slap them all on in blobs, lines, and swirls. THen I just round it all out and that is the whole trick. Those are some of my favorites. I am glad you liked them. şÜş

blyneth
12-20-2003, 11:58 AM
Carla you're the best! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!.

b

:clap: :D :D :clap: :clap:

P.S. I will confess that I bought this set that you had on eBay. I am 'xclsis.' I look at them every day and am amazed at all the different colors I keep seeing in them -- blues, yellows, pinks, oranges, reds, and a myriad of different patterns. Am I rhapsodizing? I can stare at them for hours. I thot I'd try to make some more beads that size in similar colors so I can have about a 16" necklace of nothing but those beads. I decided they look best just next to each other with no spacers.

Of course, if you would make more FOR me, that would be even better. I figgered you wouldn't have time tho. I'll PM you.

b again

CarlaAlexander
12-20-2003, 12:16 PM
I am just glad you liked them that much. I put sterling with mine. I agreed I couldn't find anything else I liked with them. Let me know if you hit a snag.