PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a digital camera...

solipsist1
12-19-2003, 06:55 AM
I am shopping for a digital camera and found a number of Fuji Finepix models on E-bay. I am leaning towards the 2800, 3000, and 3800 models. If anyone knows much about these cameras could you tell me if they are a quality camera or not? Prices ranged from about 160.00 to 300.00 dollars. Are these reasonable prices? Thanks for any help.

katcocat
12-19-2003, 07:02 AM
I love my fuji finepix, but mines a S304 and I think the ones that you're looking at are better ones. I know that Carol and Veronica have the Fuji Finepix S602 and that they're very happy with them. They might know a bit more about the ones you're asking about.
Kate.

SunnyJon
12-19-2003, 07:15 AM
As always I suggest you check out www.dpreview.com for info on digital cameras and do some comparisons for what you need specifically. It's a great place to learn all the terms of digi photography too! :D

Crias
12-19-2003, 09:53 AM
My Mom has the 2800 and seems quite happy with it. It does not have the ability to be set manually though, so everything is point and shoot. If that is all you need then it is a nice little camera w/ a lot of zoom.

kaleidoscope eyes
12-19-2003, 01:40 PM
I had a Fuji 4900 and upgraded to the S602 earlier in the year. I just love it. They are superb cameras, I've seen great images from the smaller ones but go with the best one you can afford, definitely one with fully manual settings if possible. The prices you mentioned seem reasonable to me ~ good luck and happy snappin' to you :D

DuncanBerenice
12-19-2003, 03:24 PM
Hi

I've got a Fujifilm Finepix 2800zooom, I was really happy with the camera, but I got to a stage where I wanted more from the camera so invested in a Canon EOS10D. I like the SLR but was miffed (disappointed) with the prints from the Developer, and I like the idea of Digital so went for the Fuji, I like the macros it takes and was very happy with it. The only drawback I have with it was the time delay between me taking the shot and the camera taking the shot I often got plenty of butt shot of ducks :D

Duncan

Astrid
12-19-2003, 04:52 PM
I would also check out www.cnet.com. You can look up your particular brand and find out how much they costs at many different stores including ebay.

Get source for comparison shopping.

VeldaJ
12-19-2003, 07:09 PM
I have two digital cameras - both Fujis and I love 'em. I have the 4700 Zoom and the S602 Zoom. I particularly like the Super Macro settings on the S602 and it has excellent zoom facility.