PDA

View Full Version : Sheep Lane Homestead

Wyobud
07-29-2001, 12:47 PM
This piece is of an old Homestead. 8 1/2 x 11. India Ink on Parchment. Enjoy

scottb
07-29-2001, 01:40 PM
I love parchment works. :)

Question for you - I've always done pen sketches when on the road (especially in boring meetings - rofl). How do you get the shading effect in the distant treeline? Smudging?

This piece looks great!

Cheers.
Scott

Wyobud
07-29-2001, 02:47 PM
Thanks Scott.............I too relax with ink sketching. I have spent most of my life in awe of CM (Charlie) Russel and I think some of his best work was his pen and ink illustrations.

The shading is from diagonal lines. Very close and very fine, then if I need to cross hatch its half done. My favorate is a very fine quill.

BUD

artdude
07-30-2001, 07:50 AM
Very nice drawing!! I really like hard lined buildings set against the softness of the stippled trees.

mclaughlin
07-30-2001, 11:09 AM
Beautyful piece of Art.

Cheers for sharing
ML:clap:

Sandi
07-31-2001, 12:15 PM
<~~ Big Charlie Russell fan too. (and Remington. and Terpning).

Beautiful work Bud. I admire your patience, especially with the quill pen! I especially like the way you've suggested detail with your lost and found edges, rather than spilling the beans entirely.

genearthur
07-15-2008, 11:40 AM
:wave:

genearthur
07-15-2008, 07:57 PM
:wave: A very simple rendering, but a great effect with the way the shadows are captured, the understated trees in the BG, and the tint of the paper... I enjoyed going back and looking at this post from a few years ago... That's what makes this such a good site... A great archive of worthy pieces...Thank you!:thumbsup: