PDA

View Full Version : Posted painting despite it being a slow month

JaiShi
12-18-2003, 04:05 PM
This proves how addicted I am to eBay. I said I wasn't going to place any paintings on eBay until after the holiday. Sales have been extremely slow for me the last few weeks but my inner voice kept chanting "you know you want to do it", lol. So I did.

I posted Rejoice (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3646737127) and Cubes of Color (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3646749501)should you want to take a peek.

:)

meriadoc
12-18-2003, 04:07 PM
well...

I listed a photo yesterday, but I did it just for the fun of it :)

here's hoping that it will pick up after new year.

ElizaLeahy
12-18-2003, 04:52 PM
I'm having a sale of all my store items. I want to get rid of everything in there one way or another before I start fresh in the new year.

So I took one of the store items and listed it as an auction to draw people in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3646885793

RIDDLEART
12-18-2003, 05:23 PM
Jai Shi, those pieces were lovely. I didn't know that the holiday season would be slow for art. I only started two months ago and had a taste of success. When my pieces recently went unsold over and over I was heart-broken... thinking I was the fastest flash in the pan EVER! My husband kept telling me it's just a bad time, but he was just trying to soothe me. Oh well, I guess I'll just fight the urge to list and work on new pieces. One good thing, with all the feelings of rejection I've been having restless sleep and weird dreams that could turn out pretty good on canvas!
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Joanne

surreal
12-18-2003, 06:56 PM
Hi,
I have been selling alot of drawings in the past month.

I sell small sized drawings.

Yesterday a mini drawing that I relisted for the 4th time with a beginning bid of $1.00, sold for $15.00.

I have been making a profit this month in spite of the holidays.

However, my drawings do not sell for the high prices that many of the artists on this forum sell their paintings for on ebay.

:)

RIDDLEART
12-18-2003, 08:07 PM
Maybe I'm asking too much. I did get a couple of email's asking if I'd consider selling for less than my asking price... but I thought I started very reasonably...considering the size of these pieces. To go lower would physically hurt. There's nothing listed to show you but you could check out my web-site to see the few I do have available.
Joey Riddle www.riddleart.com

dorith
12-18-2003, 11:21 PM
my paintings usually don't go for very much - however, i can surely tell that things are slowing down right now. usually i'll get at least two people bidding on things - this week, prices are even lower than usual, and all my bidders seem to have left for christmas early.
i was going to put some more things on ebay, but after seeing the results this evening, i think i'll wait a while...

Ivyleaf
12-18-2003, 11:25 PM
I will be keeping something up thru the holidays.

I have heard from several folks, where I'd never expect to hear it, that they are interested in my sunflowers.

I will hit it harder after the holidays, but yes, I intend to keep a few things going, because I know folks are still looking.

Keeps things interesting for me :D

:) :) :)
Ivy

wayfarer
12-18-2003, 11:43 PM
You have me thinking, Nina, about relisting. I've been only listing things once during this slow time and if things don't sell, putting them in my store at a $1 higher than my B.I.N. price to cover my costs. I'm keeping things going on auctions, but I will revise my strategy for next year to get through this slow time.

Chris

nastyned
12-19-2003, 01:39 AM
"my inner voice kept chanting "you know you want to do it", lol. So I did.

you go jaishi!

good luck

ned

JaiShi
12-19-2003, 04:06 PM
@Meriadoc
Got to have fun:) and *cheers* here's hoping that it will pick up.

@ElizaLeahy
You always have the greatest business strategies. I know I'm going to learn a lot by observing you :)

@Joanne
Thank you so much for the compliment and listen to your husband he's right. Some of my best inspiration came from dreams, especially when I was in the REM state. Just wish I could paint and sleep at the same time, lol.

@Surreal
I thought about creating smaller paintings (it would so help with the shipping issue, lol.) I just wasn't sure how well they would sell. I figured if I created smaller pieces than I could offer a more affordable price (like my prices are expensive now, lol.)

@Riddleart
I took look at your art work and it's stunning. Your palette selection is breath taking. Don't sell your paintings for anything less than your comfortable with. I learn that lesson the hard way.

@Dorith
I think fromt this point on I'm going to do the same thing. I think I'll just keep painting than maybe in Feb/Mar unleash myself on eBay, lol.

@Ivy
That makes a lot of sense. You know, keep your name fresh on folks minds.

@Wayfarer,
I love Nina's art, she someone I would follow as well :)

@Nastyned
Thank Ned, lol. Gotta listen to that inner voice right? :)