PDA

View Full Version : Interesting shipping option ....

SunshineyChelle
12-17-2003, 11:40 PM
Hi ya'll!

Found this on eBay tonight. Interesting shipping option.... that the artist will deliver it himself...but it also states that buyer pays all shipping costs. Guess that means buyer pays for a plane ticket??? :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3644305786&category=20135

Just had to share. Interesting work, though. Would be amazing to see in person....but not for that price!

Michelle

madmum
12-18-2003, 02:55 AM
At that price I'd like to see some close-ups of the painting too! Impressive work, although it doesn't appeal to me personally :)

Ruth

Sumafra
12-18-2003, 04:16 AM
For that price, I think personal delivery is warranted. A fantastic sale AND a trip, sounds like good business to me. LOL......

Fagan
12-18-2003, 05:38 AM
His website is listed on his auction page....no no no nononononoooooo! bad boy.

TeAnne
12-18-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Fagan
His website is listed on his auction page....no no no nononononoooooo! bad boy.

I was just about to say that. :)

Bev, you look pretty tonight :D

ejmstudios
12-18-2003, 09:09 AM
I'm confused! That's Paul Jackson's painting (one of the top watercolorists in the country!) That painting sold for 500,000 at the last watercolor convention thingy in TX????

This isn't the artist selling it. I'm going to double check with a fellow painter who happens to know Paul and see if this is on the up and up. Paul is having a rough time personally right now.. he doesn't need this!

ejmstudios
12-18-2003, 09:25 AM
My friend sent him an email, and if she doesn't hear back from him, she'll contact his gallery. She confirmed that the original of this painting sold for 1/2 million.... not sure what is up with this auction lol

SunshineyChelle
12-18-2003, 11:31 AM
Thats very interesting.

Let us know what you find out! I hope it's not a terrible scheme for his sake.

Thanks!

Michelle

Fagan
12-18-2003, 11:45 AM
thank you TeAnne...*GRIN* I just finished the last of the Ring trilogy and looking for work. he he

This looked fishy from the start. I looked at the website and it seemed that a lot of the paintings were photographs that were manipulated to look like paintings. (probably done with Photoshop or equivalent)

LilKitten
12-18-2003, 10:54 PM
I have delivered my own artwork to ebay buyers.

The woman told me where she worked, it was about 25 miles away, and I told her if she wanted to save the delivery charge, I'd deliver it in person.

She was delighted and showed the entire office the piece. Made my day, and she left wonderful feedback :)

lilkitten the driving kitten

Elankat
12-18-2003, 11:10 PM
This looks fraudulent to me. Paul lives in Columbia, Mo. I know he has/had a second home in Florida, but creightonroad.com is an AUTO SALES website.

So um, why does a successful artist like Paul (who has his own gallery venue) need an auto salesman from Florida to sell his work?

SunshineyChelle
12-21-2003, 10:28 AM
Homeindulgences... did you ever hear from your friend about this auction?

Just wondering what ever happened with it.

Michelle