PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of My First Kiln Load

Sophia757
12-17-2003, 11:40 PM
I am so excited! My kiln came today so I am doing my first ever batch anneal as we speak. i feel like a new parent whipping out my baby pics! About 5 pounds, long labor, born over the past 3 weeks. Mom and beadies doing well! :D :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Dec-2003/26755-batch_anneal.jpg

Linnea
12-18-2003, 12:00 AM
looks like a tuff delivery ,, glad to here everything is going well.
:p
beautifull babies btw

Girlie~O~
12-18-2003, 12:20 AM
Looks like babies are doing just fine! How's "Mommy" holding up?
(now for the dirty work... changing their diapers!):p

Happy Holidays & Congratulations on your NEW incubator!

Roseanne:)

Sophia757
12-18-2003, 09:39 AM
Yeah - the good news is, they've all been cleaned already! I just stuck them on the mandrels to keep them safe :D

ValorieCox
12-18-2003, 11:58 AM
Congratulations Christy! I know you've been wanting this kiln for some time! Great photo, thanks for sharing. :)

Val

latitude40
12-18-2003, 01:15 PM
Congratulations:clap: Beautiful family you have there!!!
I'l be "delivering" my first tonite!

Karen

eyeskatermum
12-18-2003, 02:33 PM
That UPS man should be here soon.....the labor pains are getting worse......

Got to help keep my mind off the anticipation. Since you cleaned them all, there is no bead release - The won't stick to the mandrel? I can just slide my hatchlings onto one? They should not touch each other, right?

Debi
:confused:

beaderpaine
12-18-2003, 03:26 PM
Too cool, Christy! Looks like the expectant mother-to-be made lots of beautiful beady babies!

What kind of kiln did you get? What kind of controller?

I've been trying to save up for a kiln for about 1-1/2 years, but something always comes along to gobble up my kiln savings fund. I've told everyone that the only thing I want for Christmas is contributions to my kiln fund! So, maybe I can actually order one after Christmas!?!?! I hope!

I know you're going to love it! And your beautiful beadie babies!

saucy
12-18-2003, 04:50 PM
How wonderful! Congratulations. I did it in reverse. I had the kiln first then the beads came.

midniteburner
12-18-2003, 06:10 PM
Watch out! That kiln is going to be OT. hehe

Congrats!!!!

Sara

Zonnestraaltje
12-18-2003, 06:51 PM
So all you new kiln owners...what kind did you get??? Mine is on the UPS truck somewhere, and should be here before Christmas!!! Yipeeee!

eyeskatermum
12-18-2003, 06:57 PM
Chili Pepper! YEAH! From Marty @ CDV - I'm so excited. It was my present to myself.

Hopefully my Santa remembered the words "Nortel Minor" for my other surprise.

I'm so spoiled, I can't stand myself. My luck the kid will need a new pair of skates come January.....

Debi :cool:

Shawn T.
12-18-2003, 10:24 PM
Christy,

I'm so happy for you! You babies look beautiful and I am hoping they all come out well and healthy. Now you can make a BIG baby for thoes beautiful winestoppers. Let me know how it goes. By the way has anybody told you today " I appreciate you".

Shawn

Sophia757
12-19-2003, 01:07 AM
You all are the best! I appreciate you. (And especially you, Shawn!)
It's an Arrow Springs kiln with digital controller. My DH has blessed me mightily for birthday and Christmas. Yes, I've waited a long time!! While I waited, I've been making beads like crazy. Some are actually not bad! (Working on that low self image thing, how'm I doing?) When I work up the nerve, I'll post in the showcase and also show you pictures of my lovely studio. Life is so very good! I would love for the next challenge to be encased florals - an aspiration thing for us newbies ... whadya think?;)