PDA

View Full Version : Comic Book Style Portrait

digistyle
07-29-2001, 03:03 AM
A portrait of 70's actress Pam Grier (She was a frequent topic for me and the fellas during our adolescent years; Rage, hormones, rage!!! :evil: ). I wanted to do something different with the portrait. Comics were my other passion during that time, so, I decided to paint it in comic book style.

The line-art and flat colors were done in Painter. The highlights, shadows and textures were added in Photoshop.

It is also posted in the Celebs or VIPs Project (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/browse_details.msql?proj_id=74)

digistyle

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jul-2001/pamgrier.jpg

[edit: just fixing my smilies]
[edit: fiddled with image some more]

Leaflin
07-29-2001, 04:21 PM
Nice Digi
I like the shadows and highlights.
The 70's are but a blurr.

digistyle
07-29-2001, 05:16 PM
Thanks, Leaflin. I remember it all; lighted dance floors, fake id's, full afros!! LOL

digistyle

Editing note on the image: In the image I originally posted, I cut her hair off at the right border (Her's). This unbalanced the image. I edited the image to show the entire body of hair. I think it flows better now.

baquitania
08-06-2001, 12:34 PM
this is awesome digistyle, "brick house" came right to mind, after all it IS pam grier...:D you should send it to her... heck I'll send it! Okay back to reality... now can I persuade you to do a full figure, for medical reasons ofcourse...

digistyle
08-08-2001, 09:11 PM
Thanks, baquitania!

"brick house"...Hmmm. "full figure"....hmmmm. The wheels begin to turn (making loud squeaking sounds!). Stay tuned:evil:

digistyle

digistyle
08-19-2001, 04:12 PM
Here's the "full figure, brickhouse" version as requested. Done "Coffy style". Digital pen & ink done start to finish in Painter.

digistyle

baquitania
08-20-2001, 11:59 AM
Whoa digistyle, would it be too much trouble to ask you to animate this? just kidding, it's awesome dude, looks like a 70's still from the Jackson 5 cartoon show, ya think Pam woulda done it? Keep em coming... please... your fan Bobby :clap:

digistyle
08-21-2001, 09:25 PM
Thanks, Bobby!

It was fun to do. Thanks for suggesting it. As for the J5 cartoon, I remember Diana Ross appearing on the first show, so anythings possible. Saturday morning cartoons would have never been the same ;)!!

digistyle