PDA

View Full Version : wpx5

dornberg
07-28-2001, 10:45 PM
oil 16x20 in.

dghoweth
07-29-2001, 01:05 AM
very nice , seems overpowering to the warm side,maybe that was your intension.

jerryW
07-29-2001, 07:15 AM
the image is emerging toward the viewer, a radiance being unleashed from the canvas, it sustains very intense interaction with the viewer - it is very alive:
the green and the blue are just enough to ground it without breaking the 'trance'. The deep darks help fix the colorskin, and accentuate the overall intensity of the piece.
thankyou for posting it.

Chuck
07-29-2001, 12:59 PM
A limited palette where less IS more!

giniaad
07-29-2001, 01:39 PM
got to be one of my favorites...
so life like, yet almost god like or ghost like with the radiance...
is it real or a vision...
love the colors...

ginia

everetto
07-29-2001, 02:01 PM
Wonderful use of complimentary and contrasting colors- vibrant shimmering light. My only concern is the distortion of the face or more particularly, the neck area- and this only bothers me because the rest of the figure, although rendered loosely, is handled with a fair amount of accuracy. This is most often a problem when using photos & not desiring (rightly so) to stick closely to them. I have no problem with the distortion by itself and give you credit that you were well aware of it. As I looked again, I don't really know how the distortion could have been carried throughout the painting. I do still feel my initial reaction though.

djstar
07-29-2001, 08:24 PM
That your works are letters and numbers.
I have a hard time finding favorites.
That is my critique.
dj*

JeanineJ
07-29-2001, 08:34 PM
wp = waypoint?
Hope he hasn't hurt his foot on a coral reef? lol... The subject has a maturity in the face, yet head-to-body proportions appear youthful (ie, head looks a tad big). Wonderful luminosity. The darks make this sing...Enchanting. How large???

teixman
07-30-2001, 01:26 PM
great job!
maybe a little bit more background over the head of the child would frame him better.

~*HC*~
07-31-2001, 12:32 PM
Golden and joyous!