PDA

View Full Version : white tiger (CP) finished

Wolfhound
07-28-2001, 03:58 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Jul-2001/white_tiger_finish.jpg

Posted here as well as main forum. this has been done in coloured pencil from a photo taken at a wildlife park. I've changed the log platform he was lying on into rocks but otherwise have tried to keep close to reality. Comments, advice and improvements welcome

Thumper
08-03-2001, 12:22 PM
This is absolutely beautiful, the angle of the composition works very well, and I love the expression on his (or her) face, and you did ag reat job capturing the fur. i know wyou put this in here so it could be critqued stronger, but i really don't have any suggestions because I love it the way it is :)
Jocelyn

Sandi
08-08-2001, 02:18 AM
Exceptionally beautiful. I'm too much in awe, can only drool. No critique here. Beautiful tonal work.

Maria Gusta
08-16-2001, 04:09 PM
Splendid. I agree with Thumper and Sandi's comments on composition, tones, expression... I really really like this, as-is.

I am looking hard for any suggestions to make and have one (tentative and minor) I'll put forward. The painting nicely flows out of frame on the left, but does a fade on the right. The effect to me is, tiger on rocks floating. OK, REALLY REALLY GOOD tiger on rocks floating. lol. Truly, a minor quibble I had to search for, but to me a critique MUST offer a suggestion.

This one not only captured the tiger, but also a mood or two. Excellent work.

Sculpi
08-16-2001, 06:51 PM
This is really gorgeous......and he has such a sweet, serene expression

Leila

bug
09-02-2001, 11:28 PM
Hey this is great I love white tigers. EXCELLENT.:clap: :clap:

JeanineJ
09-04-2001, 11:38 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! Did you play around with background colors at all? Just curious if darker, more chromatic tones were considered to help this beauty stand out even more?