PDA

View Full Version : second try....

goof ball
12-16-2003, 05:30 PM
please work!!!!!

Zonnestraaltje
12-16-2003, 05:40 PM
Hi Goof Ball! How long have you been torching?

goof ball
12-16-2003, 05:57 PM
Hi Rachel,
It's really hard to say how long I've been at it. I got my set up 18 months ago and played for 6 months before my kiln quit and I had to send it back. Took them 4 months to get it back to me. Started up again, basically had to relearn everything, then summer came and I was silly enough to think that it was too hot to torch. Another 3 months off. Between trying to keep my s.g. biz going, the kids, funerals, surgery....it's been one interruption after the other, most of which last 2-3 months at a time. Now I'm back at it once again and am determined to be on the torch at least 3 hours a day, every day. Seems like every time I get interrupted, the next time I'm back at it, I have to start from scratch again. There's so much to learn but I'm loving every frustrating moment! :) Things that I could do in my "1st" 6 months, I can't do now. Things I couldn't do then, now I can. Last nite went well, I learned the importance of gravity and patience all over again. The funny thing is, I don't even know why I'm doing this torch thing. I just started selling a few things this fall but don't really like making jewelry, just like making beads. I'll have to figure out something though or my hubby is gonna shoot me for spending all my s.g. profits on glass rods! It is so addicting.....:D here's so more eye candy if I can remember how to upload pics again!! Take care, Mary

craftylady
12-17-2003, 10:35 AM
NIce beads. I really like the black and white swirl bead. That little girl is cute.

goof ball
12-17-2003, 11:39 AM
Thanks Craftlady...the little girl wasn't suppose to be doing that "hand behind the head" thing but she did it anyway. Now she thinks she's some kind of sex symbol! I had fun making her and was surprised at how easy she went. I might have to make more like her but I'd rather get good at florals. How long does it take to make nice flowers?

Zonnestraaltje
12-17-2003, 11:56 AM
Well, don't give up torching now!!! I don't really believe you have to make jewelry just because you love making beads. I'm glad you can get back into it again. Can't wait to see more!

StefaniBeads
12-19-2003, 06:17 PM
Very nice beads! The little girl is cute, and I love the swirly barrel in the top pic! Don't give up on torching! :)

Artaholic
12-19-2003, 10:39 PM
Nice beads I really like the snow flake and the little person.

Gerry

goof ball
12-19-2003, 11:35 PM
Thanks Everyone! It's so nice of you to comment. I like the snowflake too but I have a thing about snowflakes. As long as I don't have to walk through 5' of them. But we're having a white Christmas here in WI so I guess I better get used to it.

I don't plan on giving up on the torch just yet. But it looks like I'll have a week or 2 off once again. My DH "gave" me our little house to use as a studio and shop. It's only 8 blocks away and just off the main st. where the biz district is. Now I get to battle with the city to get it re-zoned, fire marshal, new biz license...and move everything over there! I can't wait to get set up but will have to wait to get a new ventilation system in there so it could be longer than 2 weeks. :( On the bright side, I will get my house back and not have to live in a store. We might even eat at the table again! If I can remember how to cook!:D

Thanks again and have a great holiday season!!
Mary